MD WAMC 521/3.71

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Voskei

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your application has a lot of strong points, especially if you can bump up your volunteering hours (clinical and nonclinical) by the time you apply. Your MCAT and GPA combo mean that you can realistically apply to any school but I think that going off WARS only for your school list is a little risky. For example, I know that you did college in California but to my knowledge, schools like UCR, UC Davis, and UC Irvine are not very OOS friendly at all. I would recommend you go off of MSAR and other online resources instead.

Off the top of my head, you could add schools like VCU, Brown, Vermont, and SLU. There are plenty of other OOS friendly schools you can go for as well but that depends on how many schools you actually want to apply to. There might also be some in-region friendly schools in the midwest that you could apply to since you are an Ohio resident

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Did you use the MSAR to develop your list? Why do you think you are IS in California? Even IS Cali residents have a difficult time getting an A at a Cali school. You could apply to UCLA because you are an alum. For example, UCR mainly accepts applicants who are residents of the Inland Empire. That’s not you. You better check on Oregon too. I think they are pretty specific in who they consider. (All of this stuff is in the MSAR).
You should try to get some shadowing of a primary care doc.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user