WAMC 3.85/522 URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealBibFortuna

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Trying to see where I stand as an applicant given my kinda-lopsided GPA/MCAT ratio. If someone would be willing to give me an idea of schools to I apply, that would be awesome!

1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: 3.85 cGPA, 3.80 sGPA
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 500 first attempt, 522 second attempt
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): Arizona
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: black, URM
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: no name university
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 300 hours hospital volunteering in in-patient, out-patient, and ED. Typical hospital volunteer stuff like patient transport, cleaning, restocking, patient companionship, etc.
  7. Research experience and productivity: 1500 hours at a biotech startup, no pubs. Also a small summer project with a poster
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 100ish hours spread between family medicine and surgery
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 300 hours at a homeless shelter cooking and serving meals
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc: 400 hours club sport, 200 hours chemistry TA, 200 hours club leadership
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Dean's list various times, a couple honor societies that never held events :(

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Current applicant here, so I’m not an expert in this by any means. However, it looks to me like you can apply to any school that you would like to attend.

I’m sure the experts will give you more thorough advice.

Also, there is nothing lopsided about your gpa/mcat

Reactions: 1 users
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
Mayo
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Michigan
Emory
Vanderbilt
Miami
Duke
U Virginia
Georgetown
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
NYU
Dartmouth
Harvard
Yale
Brown
Boston University
Tufts

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Current applicant here, so I’m not an expert in this by any means. However, it looks to me like you can apply to any school that you would like to attend.

I’m sure the experts will give you more thorough advice.

Also, there is nothing lopsided about your gpa/mcat
I agree, shoot for the sky my man, if you get FAP you get 20 free schools. If I was in your shoes I would put all T20s that take OOS applicants and any other top schools you want to attend. As long as your writing is good, the sky is the limit for you

Reactions: 1 users