WAMC 23-24 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timetocry

Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
Taking in January!
State of Residence: TX

Undergrad Attended: irrelevant
Major: Biochemistry
Minor: Sociology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100+ ( general dentistry, periodontics and general biological dentistry)
Volunteering Experience: 100+ , Hospital volunteering , the orgs I was in had a few misc volunteering things
Employment: Starting a full time RDA job soon
Research: TBI research (2 years, 20 hours/week) + disease prevention (1 year 10hrs/week)
Other Extracurriculars: leadership positions in pre-health org, service org, spearheaded an inclusivity project in an org that is ongoing.
Relevant Honors or Awards: University Honors all semesters (Graduated this semester)
LOR type and strength: 2 science profs and likely dentist I will be working under
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
I was pre-med until last December and had a change of heart after finally deciding to expand my career options and shadowed a dentist so currently trying to find ways to make my application standout for dental school. My resume is very pre-med heavy since freshman year of college and all dental stuff was done within this past year (and is something I will be continuing). I am taking a gap year, just graduated!

School List

As of right now can I get some general advice on where I can improve my application (aside from taking the DAT lol, my goal is to score 20-23 but let me know). I plan to apply to all the Texas schools but not sure about which OOS!.

Members don't see this ad.

Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections): Taking in January!
State of Residence: TX

Undergrad Attended: irrelevant
Major: Biochemistry
Minor: Sociology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100+ ( general dentistry, periodontics and general biological dentistry)
Volunteering Experience: 100+ , Hospital volunteering , the orgs I was in had a few misc volunteering things
Employment: Starting a full time RDA job soon
Research: TBI research (2 years, 20 hours/week) + disease prevention (1 year 10hrs/week)
Other Extracurriculars: leadership positions in pre-health org, service org, spearheaded an inclusivity project in an org that is ongoing.
Relevant Honors or Awards: University Honors all semesters (Graduated this semester)
LOR type and strength: 2 science profs and likely dentist I will be working under
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: I was pre-med until last December and had a change of heart after finally deciding to expand my career options and shadowed a dentist so currently trying to find ways to make my application standout for dental school. My resume is very pre-med heavy since freshman year of college and all dental stuff was done within this past year (and is something I will be continuing). I am taking a gap year, just graduated!

School List

As of right now can I get some general advice on where I can improve my application (aside from taking the DAT lol, my goal is to score 20-23 but let me know). I plan to apply to all the Texas schools but not sure about which OOS!.
what is TBI?

Members don't see this ad :)