WAMC-18 AA and 19TS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent10_10

Reaction score
Date of submission: 08/06/2023
Overall GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.5

DAT score (include AA and all sections):
It is very hard for people to give you feedback without a score.
2nd DAT:
18-PAT
16-QR
17 reading
18-bio
16-Gem chem
17-orgo
17 TS and 17 AA

I just took my DAT for the third time and got
a 16 in PAT (THIS is my main concern since it went down) But do schools choose the greater score??
17-QR
18-RC
18-BIO
18- GEN CHEM
20-ORGO
19-TS
and 18- AA
State of Residence: IL

Major: Health Science

Minority
No
Reapplicant? Yes

Shadowing Experience: 250 hours
Volunteering Experience: 150 Hours at the food pantry
and 150 hours at a dental lab
Employment: around 6000 dental assistant hours

LOR type and strength: committee letter and doctor that I have worked with for 3 years.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
Withdrew from physics at community college (due to covid) but retook it at university and obtained an A
School list:

MWU IL and AZ
ATSU-Missouri and AZ
Lecom
NOVA
UIC
Marquette
Creighton
SIU
West Virginia
University of Tennessee

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: 08/06/2023
Overall GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.5

DAT score (include AA and all sections):
It is very hard for people to give you feedback without a score.
2nd DAT:
18-PAT
16-QR
17 reading
18-bio
16-Gem chem
17-orgo
17 TS and 17 AA

I just took my DAT for the third time and got
a 16 in PAT (THIS is my main concern since it went down) But do schools choose the greater score??
17-QR
18-RC
18-BIO
18- GEN CHEM
20-ORGO
19-TS
and 18- AA
State of Residence: IL

Major: Health Science

Minority
No
Reapplicant? Yes

Shadowing Experience: 250 hours
Volunteering Experience: 150 Hours at the food pantry
and 150 hours at a dental lab
Employment: around 6000 dental assistant hours

LOR type and strength: committee letter and doctor that I have worked with for 3 years.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
Withdrew from physics at community college (due to covid) but retook it at university and obtained an A
School list:

MWU IL and AZ
ATSU-Missouri and AZ
Lecom
NOVA
UIC
Marquette
Creighton
SIU
West Virginia
University of Tennessee

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thank you!
why WVU and UT?

Where did you apply before? What did your prehealth advisor or committee say about your third DAT scores? What have they told you about your chances?

By posting a third set of scores, you have provided enough confirmation about your test taking skills. Any additional attempts need to be cleared by advisors or admissions staff (in theory). Since it doesn't appear your drastically improved, you need to provide a better argument regarding your educational journey and preparation.

The state schools will be your best bet. If you are URM, the HBCU dental schools. You could try the large enrollment privates, but understand if you get accepted how much tuition and cost of attendance will affect you for decades ahead. I don't know if anyone (morally) wants to burden you with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Before I only applied to SIU,UIC and Midwestern IL. I applied also to Midwestern Az and Lecom but never filled out the supplemental since I lost hope. Do you know if they look at at the greater score in each section with retakes or the most recent test?

Before I only applied to SIU,UIC and Midwestern IL. I applied also to Midwestern Az and Lecom but never filled out the supplemental since I lost hope. Do you know if they look at at the greater score in each section with retakes or the most recent test?
For screening, schools will average all scores, take the latest attempt, take the best attempt, or superstore all attempts. You should know what these schools do since you are in state and have applied to them before. If they don't tell you, then fine.

The issue is that I don't see a big difference if I superscore or take your average. OC 17 or 20... I'll look at your OChem grades on your transcript, but that doesn't make you any more attractive as an applicant. The consistency of your performance comes through, so your app don't really benefit through these "tricks."