Wake Forest Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Decisions were made on Monday. After decisions are made they have to be verified bythe academic comittee and Dr. Latham Sadler. Usually about a week lag time. NC should receive by monday, and the rest timely after that. I received a call but I'm not sure if that is standard.
Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the clarification, Nyu!! Good luck, everyone :luck::luck:

Decisions were made on Monday ..Usually about a week lag time. NC should receive by monday, and the rest timely after that..

I guess now the real wait (officially) begins! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess now the real wait (officially) begins! :xf:

Yeah, this week was just preparation in anticipation of the real thing. It's game time! I'm drinkin' my Gatorade, eatin' my Wheaties, everything! No time for messin' around. :laugh:

It's Monday, or you can just call it 'D-day'!! :)
..Good luck everyone! :xf:

lol I woke up with 7 privates. I know its easier said than done but relax everyone, you'll know soon. If you get a phone call from 336 today or this week, consider it a very good sign :)

The first years I spoke with did not speak of a phone call, only a letter (a thin, thin letter). And the current post-bacs did not speak of a phone call on this thread (or at the interviews). I think they may have changed how people received the news. Unless they're going back to phone calls this year...

Anything yet? I am outside the country...i hope it's by phone.

Anything yet? I am outside the country...i hope it's by phone.

i havent received anything yet.. then again my mail hasnt come today..

i think they said many people bypass direct admits to other medical schools if they are offered a spot in the program..however at this point most schools require deposits and such by the 15th so i feel like many of the people they initially accept might already be locked in somewhere else.. so it looks good for the waitlisters... just a side note

:luck::xf: :confused:

Last edited:
I've been unable to sleep the last few nights. I can't take much of this anymore!! I feel like a slave to this thread. Every hour I'm checking, and everyday I hover over the mail slot for the mailman to drop some mail in. And when I'm not around for the mail, I'm thinking about it. Incessantly. I just need an answer at this point. Any answer. And a distraction until I get the answer. Anybody have any ideas??

+pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been unable to sleep the last few nights. I can't take much of this anymore!! I feel like a slave to this thread. Every hour I'm checking, and everyday I hover over the mail slot for the mailman to drop some mail in. And when I'm not around for the mail, I'm thinking about it. Incessantly. I just need an answer at this point. Any answer. And a distraction until I get the answer. Anybody have any ideas??

+pissed+

yeah same here.. i mean.. its weird ..people in the OSU thread had no problem contacting nikki and asking questions and posting answers... but here.. it seems no one is contacting ms dockery.. and if they are they arent posting anything.. i sent her an email yesterday ill let you guys knowif i hear anything... i dont get a cell phone signal in the building where i work and i cant call long distance from their phones...so maybe someone should try calling and asking about an update..and if you have and are just lurking..POST SOMETHING!

it slightly annoys me when someones been withholding info..and continually reads everyone else's informative posts..and then their first post is..'I got in!" slightly hating..lol.butmostly annoying..

I was inspired by IkeBoy18 to come out of hiding and contribute to the thread :p

I just spoke to Ms. Dockery and she informed me that the applications are still under review by the admissions committee. She expects them to reconvene and have final decisions by the last week of May. I'm sorry, but I forgot to ask if we would get the decision via email, letter, phone call, etc. I'm assuming from previous years that we will get a letter in the mail.

So, I guess we have more waiting ahead of us....

Good Luck to everyone!!:xf:

Hello All, I also spoke to Ms. Dockery today and she said that while some decisions were made they have not been finalized ( which matches with NYU2004's update). She also mentioned that the final decisions will be made at the end of the month. Whatever that means, we are still waiting. Sorry y'all:(

yeah same here.. i mean.. its weird ..people in the OSU thread had no problem contacting nikki and asking questions and posting answers... but here.. it seems no one is contacting ms dockery.. and if they are they arent posting anything.. i sent her an email yesterday ill let you guys knowif i hear anything... i dont get a cell phone signal in the building where i work and i cant call long distance from their phones...so maybe someone should try calling and asking about an update..and if you have and are just lurking..POST SOMETHING!

it slightly annoys me when someones been withholding info..and continually reads everyone else's informative posts..and then their first post is..'I got in!" slightly hating..lol.butmostly annoying..

this...lmao 2x's

..in due form, my friend...lol

Hello All, I also spoke to Ms. Dockery today and she said that while some decisions were made they have not been finalized ( which matches with NYU2004's update). She also mentioned that the final decisions will be made at the end of the month. Whatever that means, we are still waiting. Sorry y'all:(

Really, this is taking too long.

Thanks for the updates, lisamae and blacksilk. I'll spare Miss Dockery and not call.

Strangely enough, I'm feeling calmer now. I guess if I throw my expectations for an answer off till the end of the month, I'll be pleasantly surprised if something comes sooner. Lowered expectations, haha.

And so, we wait...:sleep:

I am sorry to see that no one has heard yet... it will be soon though. Congratulations to those that got in... and best of luck to those who didn't make it (remember, it's not that they didn't want you, it's just that they don't have enough spots for everyone who interviews.) Don't give up though!

I am sorry to see that no one has heard yet... it will be soon though. Congratulations to those that got in... and best of luck to those who didn't make it (remember, it's not that they didn't want you, it's just that they don't have enough spots for everyone who interviews.) Don't give up though!

Thanks Jenny Penny

So I've been out of the country for sometime and this is my official first post. I am also waiting to find out from Wake whether I am in or not. I am glad I've been gone for some time now because it kept my mind off of the entire process. Good luck everyone!

Ok, so my Mom was thinking out loud and said ..'What if they took so long, past the 05/15 AMCAS deadline, so that they can find out who got in and where they did, then make their decision after that?'

I mean, in retrospect, they said that we were ALL fully qualified to get in but they just didn't have enough spots. And if they really want to increase the diversity in medicine, they'd want to make sure that as many of us as possible get the chance to become Physicians, wherever that may be.

..Does anybody kinda get where I'm going with this?

Ok, so my Mom was thinking out loud and said ..'What if they took so long, past the 05/15 AMCAS deadline, so that they can find out who got in and where they did, then make their decision after that?'

I mean, in retrospect, they said that we were ALL fully qualified to get in but they just didn't have enough spots. And if they really want to increase the diversity in medicine, they'd want to make sure that as many of us as possible get the chance to become Physicians, wherever that may be.

yeah i hypothesized this same thing in the thread somewhere... but it is probably just that they are busy and thats the hold up...i remember during interview day Dr. LS, said that sometimes its just hard for them to organize their schedules and get everything together..

yeah i hypothesized this same thing in the thread somewhere... but it is probably just that they are busy and thats the hold up...i remember during interview day Dr. LS, said that sometimes its just hard for them to organize their schedules and get everything together..

True, makes sense to me.

What's the best part about waiting?

It eventually has to END!!! They can only torture us so long, y'know...so here's to saddling up, settling down, and finalizing those decisions!!!:thumbup:

Everyone needs to take a breath!

Decisions were finalized a while ago... and I asked on Friday (yesterday) if letters were sent out... and they have been.

So just relax... you will know soon.

-MS 2013

Decisions were finalized a while ago... and I asked on Friday (yesterday) if letters were sent out... and they have been.

-MS 2013

im surprised no one has commented..lol..i think were all so tired of waiting and the false alarms that no one wants to get their hopes up.. lol

-MS 2013

Going by what I was told yesterday by a reliable source, the final choices are yet to be made. The committee met today. Really, this has taken way too long.

im surprised no one has commented..lol..i think were all so tired of waiting and the false alarms that no one wants to get their hopes up.. lol

Hey IkeBoy . . . You didn't have to jinx JennyPenny there. (according to Shallcome2pass)

Hey guys. Yeah, it is right that the committee met for the last time today according to Ms. Dockery. I received an email from her on Friday indicating that they were going to meet, and that we should know by the end of the month. I'm guessing the end of the month is this Friday, seeing that Memorial Day (the 31st) is a Monday and they probably won't be opened that day.

Hey guys. Yeah, it is right that the committee met for the last time today according to Ms. Dockery. I received an email from her on Friday indicating that they were going to meet, and that we should know by the end of the month. I'm guessing the end of the month is this Friday, seeing that Memorial Day (the 31st) is a Monday and they probably won't be opened that day.

I see.. well that probably means sometime next week.. mail doesn't get this was I any particular rush.. they would have had to mail it today 2 get here next Monday..

Basically.

I was gone all day today with no internet access, hoping to be greeted by a) some mail and b) some acceptances in this thread. Then I read all of the responses and think, false alarm. Then I see I'm not the only one who's a little...impatient over the sitation and I agree with the others and think, YEAH:mad:!! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm at a loss for words. Clearly I'm going to have to learn patience and handling disappointment/not getting hopes up, because it will get no better with medical school/medicine/life.

Congrats to all of us who get in. Best wishes to those of us who don't.

Last edited:
With good reason, I have pulled my previous post.

Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
Patience is a virtue , but this is too much.:mad: Some of us need to make crucial decisions soon and this is holding things up.

The website does say that decisions will be made by May 30th, so...technically they have the right to take their time...which they are fully exercising.

Still doesn't take away from the suckitudiness, though. If I don't hear something by June 1st, I'm gettin' answers on June 2nd. :laugh:

Last edited: