General Admissions & OTCAS Waitlisted :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otlove1203

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Florida International University still has me on a wait-list since April 2nd. It's about to be four months already and still nothing. I've called and showed up several times, but they really can't tell me much. Fall term starts August 25th... I don't know what else to do anymore. Has anyone ever been through this? I feel so helpless. :(

Members don't see this ad.

All I can say is start prepping for this upcoming year. It's good to keep some hope that you'll get out of the waitlist, but you have to prepare in case the worst happens. You'll be fine, if you want this bad enough you can wait another year (assuming you didn't get in anywhere else)

Don't give up and don't be discouraged. I was waitlisted as well, but I hung in there and was accepted into an OT program. It's easy to get discouraged when you want something so bad and you get a "No". Trust, you will be accepted into school. Don't give up hope. Best to you!!! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for your kind words! @dobber @BowlofSunshine. I called the school today and they told me there was only 3 people on the wait-list. I am one of them. I'm praying I make it!

Reactions: 1 users
I was wait listed as well back in March, and I just got the call a couple weeks ago that I got a spot in the program. There's still time! Keep your chin up!