Waitlisted at CSUN - what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I been waitlisted at CSUN (the only place I applied). If I remember letter correctly it said that I am one of 90 people on the waitlist, it did not give my rank, and it instructed me not to call for an update. Frustrating. :mad: According to my friend who graduated from the program a few years ago, they accepted people as late as the first week of school.

So, has anyone heard anything from CSUN? CSUN's website doesn't seem to have any additional information about the waitlist. My work knows I'm applying to PT school. How do I tell them that I'm wait-listed and may not have an answer until sometime in August?

Members don't see this ad.

I am truly sorry you did not get accepted into the school you applied for. It would be hard to tell what your chances are of getting called from the list of alternates with out knowing your position on the list. I suppose the only thing you can tell your work is what you know at the moment. Don't feel embarrassed for being listed as an alternate, the work you have done to get to this place is admirable. If you don't mind some advice I would recommend applying to more than one program next year, that is if you don't get accepted as an alternate.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but I don't think there is much you can do given that they told you not to call or anything. It is a big gamble when you apply to one school, but it is an accomplishment to make it to the waitlist in itself. At least you still have a chance and weren't rejected. I have heard of others applying to several schools and being rejected from all of them. Good luck to you and keep hope alive!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you dont mind going out of state there are still some schools whose deadline has not passed. The cost of living would also probably be less in those areas but tuition is definitely going to be more than what you would pay at CSUN.

I'm a current student at CSUN. I applied to 4 schools and was accepted at 3 but only waitlisted at CSUN. I think that being a cheaper school it has a high amount of applicants.

I was #9 on the list. Another classmate was #34 and found out around July that he was accepted. We had one student notified the first day of class that a spot had opened up (first day is basically intro's and syllabus review anyways)

I'm surprised that they did not give you a waitlist number, but there is still a chance to get in as late as the first day of class.

im at csun right now and i know that most people from my class were from the standby list. It's not 100% but you still have a chance