waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optcraze

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to Nova but put on waiting list in ICO. My first choice of school is ICO. Does anybody have any idea of what the chances are to be accepted to ICO once you are put on the waiting list?

Members don't see this ad.

optcraze said:
I have been accepted to Nova but put on waiting list in ICO. My first choice of school is ICO. Does anybody have any idea of what the chances are to be accepted to ICO once you are put on the waiting list?

I'm giving up my seat there so I hope it goes to you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
does this mean ICO is done giving out acceptances??? :eek:

hmm maybe i am mistaken..but it was my understanding that they don't actually start "waitlists" until they are done handing out their acceptances? so then if 10 ppl decide not to accept their offer, then the 10 ppl on waitlist would then move up and be accepted?

is that what you meant by they are still giving out acceptances?

i am just curious since i applied to ico..and haven't heard anything from them yet! so if they are starting waitlists..then i must either be declined or put on their waitlist? :confused:

any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

powerpuff said:
hmm maybe i am mistaken..but it was my understanding that they don't actually start "waitlists" until they are done handing out their acceptances? so then if 10 ppl decide not to accept their offer, then the 10 ppl on waitlist would then move up and be accepted?

i am just curious since i applied to ico..and haven't heard anything from them yet! so if they are starting waitlists..then i must either be declined or put on their waitlist? :confused:

I interviewed at ICO in October. The dean of admissions told us there were three possible outcomes with our application. Acceptance. Rejection. Waitlist. Even back then they had a waitlist. I guess it is a way to say "We are still interested in you, but we want to see what else comes along?" I don't know. Good luck! Have you actually called them and asked what the status of your app is?

powerpuff said:

I applied to ICO in August, and i STILL haven't heard back from them. I call them every other week or so and they tell me the same thing: They committee will review your application within the next month. They also said that they were short-staffed for a few months and there are over 900 applicants, so that's why they're a little behind. I would still call them tho.

I don't normally post on these boards (just often look) but I thought this would help... some info that I got from ICO today:

They are NOT done handing out acceptances - in the admission counselor's words, they are "still interviewing applicants and reviewing files." She was also able to tell me that the class is roughly 2/3 full. From last years stats, I would guess that means that of however many acceptances they have already handed out, about 100 people have sent in their deposit for enrollment.

If you want to go to ICO and are still waiting to hear, keep your hopes up... I turned in my app in late September and my interview is scheduled for next week. Crazy! There were some discrepancies with my transcripts, so make sure you follow up very specifically and make sure that ICO has everything they need to consider your app "complete."

Hope this helps anyone!

saraherah said:
I don't normally post on these boards (just often look) but I thought this would help... some info that I got from ICO today:

They are NOT done handing out acceptances - in the admission counselor's words, they are "still interviewing applicants and reviewing files." She was also able to tell me that the class is roughly 2/3 full. From last years stats, I would guess that means that of however many acceptances they have already handed out, about 100 people have sent in their deposit for enrollment.

If you want to go to ICO and are still waiting to hear, keep your hopes up... I turned in my app in late September and my interview is scheduled for next week. Crazy! There were some discrepancies with my transcripts, so make sure you follow up very specifically and make sure that ICO has everything they need to consider your app "complete."

Hope this helps anyone!

Thanks!