Waiting for the Atlantic Bridge Response...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kahutchinson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to know if anyone who applied through the Atlantic Bridge Program has heard anything yet. I applied on Nov 15th to UCD and UCG. Is the only way of notification through mail? Also, what happens if the letter gets lost in the mail?! Does anyone know if we can contact the school directly and ask if we got accepted (if we didn't receive any notification by April)?

Thanks,
Katie :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Katie,
I applied thru ABP in September, interviewed with RCSI last month, and haven't heard anything else. As far as I know, all the other schools are sending out their first round of admissions at the end of this month. They'll send out a second round a couple months after, and so on until all the seats are filled. If summer starts and you haven't heard ANYTHING, chances are that you're still on the waiting list. Of course, this is all very unhelpful and us in an unpredictable situation. Email Peter Nealon at the ABP, he'll be able to give you the most info about your overall status. Good luck!

Hey Postmodoc,

Thank you for the reply. I am a bundle of nerves waiting for the response from Trinity. That is my dream school!! I will definitely reach Peter at ABP. Thanks again for your help.

Katie

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from RCSI yet? I interviewed in Toronto a little more than two weeks ago, and was told by ABP that we should expect a response within 2 - 3 weeks. I'm waiting in anticipation!

Back in the day, I called ABP and asked about acceptances and was told of my acceptance before my admissions package. This was in February.

Hi Arb,

For what schools did you hear about the acceptance in February? This wait is pure agony...its like our lives are put on hold until we are told of the outcome. Also, one poster mentioned that the program organizes everything so that you only get one acceptance to a school and not the rest (that is, if you get accepted at all). Is there truth in that?

I talked to Peter Nealon recently. Expect a response sometime today. If not shoot him and email or a phone call and he should be able to tell ou the result. From what I was told, they recieved results from RCSI yesterday. I hope my info was accurate lol.

Do they only use federal express/a courier service for acceptances?

They use FedEx if you specified it on your app. Offers are out!

right, but just for acceptances or do they send rejections that way too?

right, but just for acceptances or do they send rejections that way too?

I believe you just get rejections by email and by regular post. You only get FEDEX if you got accepted to a school (and requested FEDEX on your ABP app)

But I think that he/she was just talking about RCSI offers being out. As far as I know, I haven't heard about any rejections/acceptances from any of the other Irish schools. Anyone?

I believe you just get rejections by email and by regular post. You only get FEDEX if you got accepted to a school (and requested FEDEX on your ABP app)

But I think that he/she was just talking about RCSI offers being out. As far as I know, I haven't heard about any rejections/acceptances from any of the other Irish schools. Anyone?

Okay, so I called ABP and they said that we should get our acceptances/rejections in the next "fortnight" for Trinity College Dublin!!! I am sooo anxious I can hardly take it... University of Galway should take another 2-3 weeks...

Okay, so 2 weeks for Trinity, 2-3 weeks for Galway, what about Dublin and Cork? Does anyone know how many seats are open for each of these?

Members don't see this ad :)
Only a few more weeks of torture (hopefully). No big deal. lol

Okay, so 2 weeks for Trinity, 2-3 weeks for Galway, what about Dublin and Cork? Does anyone know how many seats are open for each of these?

Hey, where did you hear that Trinity is 2 more weeks? I was told they would come like in the next few days...

Isn't a fortnight=14 days? Well..I hope I am mistaken, it would be nice to know as soon as possible!

I hope we all hear good news...

Anyone know if they send an official rejection letter? Or is that done through email? Lets cross our fingers though! If all goes well, 2 weeks is worth the wait =)

I called ABP, got a waiting list for RCSI (I wasn't expecting that, I guess my interview was not as good as I thought). They said the rejections for Cork have already been sent out, and my application has gone further into the admissions process and is still viable for acceptance. That is all the info they gave me...still slightly disappointed by the RCSI waiting list though :(. goodluck all. cheers.

Thanks for the information! I was just wondering how rejection letters were sent out by Cork, was it through e-mail? Thanks in advance!

My application package finally reached the ABP! And I was so nervous because the online postal tracking system was off, so I was anxiously checking that all week. Now I just have to wait to hear of any acceptances/rejections.

Acceptances for either UCD or UCC are going out now. I got an email from ABP yesterday asking me to confirm my mailing address so they can fedex my package. I only applied to those two schools through ABP, so it has to be one of them.

Oh sweet! Congrats on the acceptance. My guess is its Cork if they're already sending out rejections. I just hope I'm not one of them but I guess I have to wait and see on Monday. Ughh

Does anybody know when UCD will release their decisions for the GEP?

I have a package being delivered this morning from ABP - hoping it's UCD!

Nope :( UCC!

Hey there, UCC is a great school and Cork is a very liveable city. I was initially very disappointed that I didn't get into one of the Dublin schools, but Cork is way cheaper, not as dirty, and you can visit Dublin when you want to go to a concert or whatever. I loved my 5 years in Cork (although I have to admit I hated it for about the first 6-8 weeks) and I really miss it. Congratulations on your acceptance,
M

Keep us posted! Was it UCD???

Acceptances for UCD are going out also. I am declining my acceptances at UCC and UCD, though. It's even more expensive than US schools, and not even comparable to Duke-NUS...

Hmm...I just received another one! Who could it be? UCD?

md2b17, congrats!

i'm just wondering how you know you've received another one? do you check your credit card to see if it was billed? or does the abp email you?

Thanks! It's so crazy, never expected to get this many....

I only know that I've received something because FedEx calls my cell phone when they arrive at my apartment ;) I'm never there (I work full-time), but when I get home I find the slip on my door.

Any thoughts about UCD vs RCSI? I've read a few other threads where people mentioned that RCSI provides more support for North American licensing exams, etc.

I only know that I've received something because FedEx calls my cell phone when they arrive at my apartment ;) I'm never there (I work full-time), but when I get home I find the slip on my door.

Any thoughts about UCD vs RCSI? I've read a few other threads where people mentioned that RCSI provides more support for North American licensing exams, etc.

If money is not an issue. Then RCSI is better IMO.

I'd go to UCD - very good program, much less expensive and you can study for your North American exams on your own. They are more geared towards the American system than the Canadian one, so if you are Canadian they're not much help. The UCD grads we have in my program do very well. Cheers,
M

Got my letter from RCSI about a week ago, and my UCD acceptance came today:) I'm going to go to RCSI though because they offered me a 5-year program whereas UCD offered the 6-year program. Anyone else heading to RCSI, would be fun to know people before leaving...

Hi everyone! Thanks for the RCSI vs. UCD advice. I am leaning towards RCSI because I am Canadian, and ultimately my goal is to come back to Canada. But still...undecided :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! Thanks for the RCSI vs. UCD advice. I am leaning towards RCSI because I am Canadian, and ultimately my goal is to come back to Canada. But still...undecided :rolleyes:

Hey md2be, might see ya at RCSI then, what program are you going for (6-4 year) and what are your plans for housing?

see you at RCSI (GEP 4 year program) in September!

Me too! Look forward to meeting all of you in September.

I'm planning on buying a two person house/apartment in the city center Dublin 2 area, and that way I can rent out the other room and hopefully sell it at the end of my time, either breaking even or making money (fingers crossed).
There has been a lot of back and forth over the residence idea, a local family doc that graduated from RCSI advised against it for me, and considering I've already done the whole res. thing I'm really excited to get my own place!

Paid my deposit to the 4 year GEP at RCSI :)

See you all there! From BC, Canada.

I think I'll be going for RCSI (as a Canadian student, looking to match back in Canada!) - any RCSI GEP'ers that would like to keep in touch (and exchange ideas about accommodation, moving to Dublin, etc), send me a PM with your email!

Wait, you received offers from both UCD and UCC? I thought only one school could offer admission?

Looks like that is proof enough to debunk that myth. You can get accepted to multiple schools.

i was also looking into renting an apartment in dublin 2, definitely not doing the whole residence thing because i'm used to living in nicer places now haha. that being said, i have a lot of relatives in Ireland and will most likely live with my cousin just outside dublin for the first 2 months or so and then find a place

Hi everyone,

I got an RCSI offer for the 5 year program or 6 year, based on my marks in first year university (they'll take off that extra year). If anyone else is going for anyone of these programs, I'd love to get in touch and discuss rooming options as well! From Toronto, ON btw =)

Good luck to everyone and congrats on the offers! =)

Hi everyone,

I got an RCSI offer for the 5 year program or 6 year, based on my marks in first year university (they'll take off that extra year). If anyone else is going for anyone of these programs, I'd love to get in touch and discuss rooming options as well! From Toronto, ON btw =)

Good luck to everyone and congrats on the offers! =)

Skipping a year?
Can I ask trinity to do that for me?! (4 years instead of 5) Because I will be with high school grads in class. Can't they count some of my undergrad courses?

Skipping a year?
Can I ask trinity to do that for me?! (4 years instead of 5) Because I will be with high school grads in class. Can't they count some of my undergrad courses?

Are you a graduate?