Wait for spring grades to send my transcript to AMCAS/AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GettinAfterIt

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've read multiple posts about this question but haven't found a straight answer.

My spring grades post on May 12th, so I could technically send my transcript that day. My cGPA will increase from a 3.34 to a 3.39-3.4, which seems important. My sGPA will go from 3.71 to 3.75.

Is it worth waiting an extra week? If I submit them electronically on the 12th, that gives them 13 business* days to receive and verify before the 31st.

Any input is appreciated!

P.S. Another option would be to send one now and then to send another on the 12th. Would that work?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you want to wait for your latest grades to post, regardless. In this case, though, you are misunderstanding the process.

No one is going to do anything with anything you send them until submissions open on 5/31. There is therefore ZERO advantage to sending a transcript before then!

Verification refers to bumping what you enter into your AMCAS application against what is on your official transcripts. Since they will not see your application until 5/31, no verification will take place before then.

If you want to be verified as quickly as possible, you want to submit to AMCAS whenever it opens on 5/31. As long as your transcript is there by then, it won't matter whether you send it right now, next week, or a few days before 5/31, just to allow time for potential processing glitches. Definitely wait until after your spring grades post. Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, you want to wait for your latest grades to post, regardless. In this case, though, you are misunderstanding the process.

No one is going to do anything with anything you send them until submissions open on 5/31. There is therefore ZERO advantage to sending a transcript before then!

Verification refers to bumping what you enter into your AMCAS application against what is on your official transcripts. Since they will not see your application until 5/31, no verification will take place before then.

If you want to be verified as quickly as possible, you want to submit to AMCAS whenever it opens on 5/31. As long as your transcript is there by then, it won't matter whether you send it right now, next week, or a few days before 5/31, just to allow time for potential processing glitches. Definitely wait until after your spring grades post. Hope this helps! Good luck!!!
Wow, this cleared everything up perfectly. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: 1 users