senior year grades post acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medanxious

Reaction score
Hi--I'm grateful to have an acceptance to one MD program. I am going to be committing to them.

In the acceptance letter, there is a condition about maintaining my grades at a level similar to that of mine at time of interview.

I am currently taking a challenging class in my senior spring. At worst I may get a C, at best a B and likely a C+/B-.

At interview I had 3.9 with only an A- or two.

Could this bad course grade result in the offer being questioned or rescinded?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this in pre-req/science coursework?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it's in an engineering course for my major (it's not math either)
To be honest, I don't think you'd be at risk of being rescinded. Don't go out and get a D or F, but I don't think schools will put that much weight on it.

Reactions: 1 users
I think its only one course that shouldn't be an issue. bumps happen along the road. I think it is there so that schools don't accept students who actually slack at the end of the year. plus i don't think it is frequent and an institution wouldn't want to waste their precious resources on what a student did in their last quarte/semester of school.

Reactions: 2 users
Doesn't matter as long as you pass

You can probably even fail a couple of things as long as you graduate but I wouldn't push it. Besides if you got into med school you should be able to pass an undergrad class just by sleeping with the textbook under your pillow

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Doesn't matter as long as you pass

You can probably even fail a couple of things as long as you graduate but I wouldn't push it. Besides if you got into med school you should be able to pass an undergrad class just by sleeping with the textbook under your pillow
Thanks hollow, gonna stop going to all my classes

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user