waht are the UK admission stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bo Peep

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
I am a senior pre med student in the US and I was wondering what type of academic stats will I need to get in to a UK med school?

Members don't see this ad.

They vary. Some look at MCAT but most don't. It would be nice to have SATs. Most 4-year graduate-entry programs require you to be a "home" student, in other words, EU or UK citizen with at least 3 prior years of residency in the EU. In most cases you would need to apply to 5-year programs. A 3.3/4.0 (B+) GPA should be the bare minimum. Note that seats for international seats are very limited and they prefer to accept students from countries where medical education is not as privileged.

Again, check each school's website for details. The list is here:
http://www.chms.ac.uk/schools/index.htm

If you were thinking of applying for 2007, the deadline has passed (Oct 15). There is one school (that I know of anyway) that accepts international applicants for their 4-year program with a deadline in January - Barts and the London - but they require the MSAT which you can only write in the UK.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info JediBookworm. I am planning on applying for 2008 and I would love to apply to several of the grad entry programs. However I guess I might have to look at the 5 year programs:(