Vote today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unfortunately, in many states, your vote is completely useless. One vote doesn't make a difference because elections are rarely won by one vote. The electoral college makes useless voting even more common. See how the Presidential candidates didn't visit 40 of the 50 states during the final few days.

If you get into a car accident on the way home from the polls, you will or should regret voting. If there is a patient in the ER and you sneak off to vote and the patient complains to the chair, that's another reason to regret voting.

On the other hand, I risked a car accident or other disaster and did vote.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you ever want to get really political about something and you write to your political leaders and such they can look up to see if you are a voter or not. If you are then your voice will carry more weight than if you are a non voter.

The presidential election is not the only thing that counts. All those local elections and state measures are important too.

But alas.. the voting is over. It was an hour of waiting. Man!... next year absentee all the way!

I did early voting this year and I will do it from now on... much much better!

Andrew_Doan said:
If everyone was apathetic like you described above, then it does matter.

Call me apathetic but I did vote and I did contribute to the campaign, both political and to the American Academy of Ophthalmology's Ophthpac.