Volunteering at a hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pikaboo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does volunteering at a hospital count as something which will be good to put on a resume before applying to a speciality program ? Or they just care about intern and shadowing positions ?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean hours you volunteered during dental school?

-Fyz

Reactions: 1 user
Yes during my dental school years

•_• hi •_•

Members don't see this ad :)
Call which programs you are interested in and ask. You can ask your advisors as well. Most of my volunteering work was more so dentistry related - as in I was doing procedures or helping with procedures for poor, elderly, kids etc. I put it in my PS.

-Fyz

If you're applying to a GPR or OMFS program, i think it would help. Just make sure you are spending enough time in those clinics and getting to know the dentists and oral surgeons working in the hospital.

I am shadowing two dentists currently but you got me right I am planning on going to OMFS thanks for the help. Another question how many researches are good enough I know as many as I can but just for my own curiosity's sake, and also what's a good bench off mark for the CBSE exam to apply to OMFS

•_• hi •_•