Volunteer Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbsurf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good hospital in the New York City area to complete "hospital setting" (inpatient) volunteer pre-requisites for PT school?

Also..I've had a lot of outpatient/private practice experience, what am I in store for in a hospital?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
NYC has some of the best hospitals in the world, so you pretty much can't go wrong with any of them. The hard part is getting to know the staff well enough to write you a recommendation (if that's what you are looking for).

Columbia-NY Presby
NYU/HJD
Lenox Hill
Beth Israel
Mt. Sinai
Hosp for Special Surgery
Cornell-Weill
Sloan Kettering
St. Vincents
Bellevue

All the above (and their affiliates) will work. Just look onto their websites and do a search for volunteers. Also, Try finding their rehab depts and contact them directly. Your exposure will depend on what they have available.

Thank You. I'm definitely looking for a smaller program so I can make some contacts and do some networking while I'm there, and I do need a recommendation letter from whoever I work for in the hospital...any suggestions?