This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have experience with entering in study abroad credits? I did a study abroad program sponsored by my university where I took one class that was taught by my university's professors and another class that was taught by the foreign university's professors. The first class I entered as regular coursework that I figure I'll mark as "study abroad" when I'm finalizing transcripts, but I'm confused about what to do about the second class.

Study Abroad at an Overseas US Institution
If you studied at a school on the Overseas US Institutions List (see list at the end of the page), you need to:
  • Add the school in the Colleges Attended section and add any courses you completed at the school in the Transcript Entry section. Make sure you mark these courses as Study Abroad during Transcript Review.
  • Arrange for the Overseas US Institution to send your transcript directly to VMCAS.
Study Abroad at Another US Institution
If you used another US institution's program to study abroad, studied via Semester at Sea, SIT, or a CEA study abroad program in their Global Campus Network, you need to:
  • Add the school in the Colleges Attended section and add any courses you completed at the school in the Transcript Entry section. Make sure you mark these courses as Study Abroad during Transcript Review.
  • Arrange for the school to send your transcript directly to VMCAS.
Study Abroad via Any Other Method
If the two options above do not apply to you, you need to:
  • List the courses with the rest of your undergraduate coursework at the home institution which you were enrolled in during your study abroad in the Transcript Entry section. Do not report the study abroad school as a foreign institution.
  • Add the phrase "Study Abroad" to the title of each study abroad course entered. Make sure you mark these courses as Study Abroad during Transcript Review.
No additional transcripts or evaluations need to be submitted for these courses.
Note that VMCAS does not recognize study abroad company transcripts. If you studied abroad via a company such as IES, ISA, CIEE, DIS, etc., complete the steps above to properly report your study abroad coursework.

This is off of VMCAS's help center. I know that the first one doesn't apply since it wasn't at an overseas US institution, but I'm stuck on which one it would more likely be? I'm leaning towards the third option, but the issue is on my official transcript, it records my regular course as a regular summer course (albeit study abroad) but the other one is listed under "Transfer Credit from xxx University" and just lists the hours received, not any course name. However, I did study abroad via one of the companies they listed, so I'm feeeeeling the third option and not reporting the foreign school as another institution? Idk, if anyone has any advice or remembers how they entered theirs, that would be great- will probably throw an email at VMCAS too just for completeness's sake but the last time I asked them a really complicated question they didn't really understand what I was asking, so hopefully I can crowdsource enough advice to piece things together.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it appropriate to start making "University Name" c/o 2025 threads now?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I wanted to know when you have to write down your experiences and then have a description for them on the VMCAS application. How much do you write for the description? a paragraph or 2 or a couple of sentences?

I personally wrote a few sentences, describing my duties/responsibilities and how the experience helped me develop a particular attribute (leadership, communication skills, ethical standards, etc.).

Reactions: 3 users
If I’m taking courses this summer, do I have to wait for those grades to come in before I get my transcripts verified? My college just pushed the end date for summer classes back a week and I’m not sure how close I want to cut it!

Also another dumb question but can you get your transcripts verified without submitting the whole application?

Is it appropriate to start making "University Name" c/o 2025 threads now?
EEK! So exciting! I can't believe it's our turn, guys! Who else has been watching previous years' threads the past couple of years! I'm hoping when times get stressful throughout this next year, we can all remember this excitement we're feeling right now!! :)

• Love
If I’m taking courses this summer, do I have to wait for those grades to come in before I get my transcripts verified? My college just pushed the end date for summer classes back a week and I’m not sure how close I want to cut it!

Also another dumb question but can you get your transcripts verified without submitting the whole application?
1) I don't think you have to wait for your summer grades for VMCAS to verify your transcript. You can put those grades in the same as for upcoming fall and spring grades that you don't have grades for. Just make sure that those summer grades are sent to VMCAS. VMCAS is mostly checking that you inputted courses correctly and they can insert your grade later. It doesn't really matter when your transcript is verified even if summer grades somehow delay verification status. Vet school is not like Med school admissions where timing of submission matters.

2) You have to submit your whole application for your transcript to get verified sadly but VMCAS is not as strict on verification imo as it feels like from their instructions online. So don't worry too too much.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Yep, you can put them as “in progress” classes when you submit.
And you can submit one school’s supplemental stuff and the main vmcas app first and you’ll get in line for verification and still be allowed to finish the other schools’ supplemental stuff and submit them later, if you want.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Darn, guys! I just read on Cornell's website that you have to have lived in NY for 12 months prior to matriculation to be considered an in-state student. I have lived in NY my whole life up until this past year, after graduating college (in Vermont), I was offered a job that would teach me a lot more, clinically, and the doctors really are great about mentoring, and teaching me during cases, unlike the job I was offered in NY which was essentially a kennel assistant in their doggy daycare at the hospital. Just bummed that I don't have an in-state school, now! :( I definitely feel my job was worth it, though!

• Sad
Darn, guys! I just read on Cornell's website that you have to have lived in NY for 12 months prior to matriculation to be considered an in-state student. I have lived in NY my whole life up until this past year, after graduating college (in Vermont), I was offered a job that would teach me a lot more, clinically, and the doctors really are great about mentoring, and teaching me during cases, unlike the job I was offered in NY which was essentially a kennel assistant in their doggy daycare at the hospital. Just bummed that I don't have an in-state school, now! :( I definitely feel my job was worth it, though!

Does Vermont have any contract seats with any schools? Might be worth looking into :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Vermont have any contract seats with any schools? Might be worth looking into :)
Unfortunately, I don't believe so, but I will try to do some digging and see if I can find more information! It was more of a surprise, than anything! I do feel my job allowed me to learn more about the field, and to gain hands-on experience, compared to the job I would have had back in NY, keeping me a resident. I just know that I now will have no choice but to face OOS tuition costs.
As a question to build off of this, do schools typically offer a good amount of scholarships for students to apply to, once in school? How much does the average student who applies to scholarships typically get?

Also, a question that pulls this thread in a different direction, but those who have applied in the past, how did you tackle the school applications/essays/etc? I am applying to 8-10 schools, and there are so many essays I don't know where to start and how to stay organized! I would love and appreciate any advice that can be given :)

Also, a question that pulls this thread in a different direction, but those who have applied in the past, how did you tackle the school applications/essays/etc? I am applying to 8-10 schools, and there are so many essays I don't know where to start and how to stay organized! I would love and appreciate any advice that can be given :)
I pulled the questions from all of my supplemental apps and pasted them into a word doc. I felt it was a lot easier to dump my thoughts there and edit, edit, and edit some more. Then I copy/pasted the final versions into VMCAS.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I pulled the questions from all of my supplemental apps and pasted them into a word doc. I felt it was a lot easier to dump my thoughts there and edit, edit, and edit some more. Then I copy/pasted the final versions into VMCAS.

Yep same. I also focused on the VMCAS essays first, because you need these done regardless of the school(s) you apply to. Then moved on school by school (did first choice supplemental first, second choice second, and so on). During the cycle the schools I was applying to did change, so this was helpful for me personally!

• Love
I like the word document idea a lot! Thank you, guys! :)

As a question to build off of this, do schools typically offer a good amount of scholarships for students to apply to, once in school? How much does the average student who applies to scholarships typically get?

I have applied to scholarships every year through the school and received my first one this spring going into fourth year, and I got it probably because I was the only one who applied for it. In total, I have probably applied to 30ish scholarships while in school, including 5 this year, to get this one scholarship. I also received a scholarship through our chapter of Omega Tau Sigma to be used for externships, but I have done a ton for our chapter, so that's why it was awarded to me.

There is absolutely no reason *not* to apply to scholarships other than lost time. During our scholarship meeting this year, we were told that there are several scholarships that go unearned just simply because people don't apply for them. Starting this year, we aren't told what the scholarship is worth so that they don't get 200 people applying for the scholarships worth half of tuition and 0 people applying for the scholarships worth a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars.

The scholarship I got, I was relatively sure I would get since I am one of the only people who participates in that field, so I was probably one of the few, if not the only person, who applied for it. There was another where I thought I had a decent chance, but there were others that would get it if they applied for the same one (which is exactly what happened; the person I thought would get it got it and totally deserved it!). The other three were very non-specific in their requirements (literally, the requirement for one was "Is a veterinary student"), so I went for it cause I had time to write the essays over Christmas break.

Between my school scholarship and my OTS scholarship, I got 2300! So I always say definitely apply for whatever scholarships you qualify for, but don't count on getting anything, and what you're going to get will probably make up for a couple months of rent.

Looking at the email list, I would say that somewhere around 100-150 people get scholarships at my school per year. People are able to get multiple scholarships. One girl in 2020 received 4 scholarships the spring she entered fourth year.

• Love
I have applied to scholarships every year through the school and received my first one this spring going into fourth year, and I got it probably because I was the only one who applied for it. In total, I have probably applied to 30ish scholarships while in school, including 5 this year, to get this one scholarship. I also received a scholarship through our chapter of Omega Tau Sigma to be used for externships, but I have done a ton for our chapter, so that's why it was awarded to me.

There is absolutely no reason *not* to apply to scholarships other than lost time. During our scholarship meeting this year, we were told that there are several scholarships that go unearned just simply because people don't apply for them. Starting this year, we aren't told what the scholarship is worth so that they don't get 200 people applying for the scholarships worth half of tuition and 0 people applying for the scholarships worth a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars.

The scholarship I got, I was relatively sure I would get since I am one of the only people who participates in that field, so I was probably one of the few, if not the only person, who applied for it. There was another where I thought I had a decent chance, but there were others that would get it if they applied for the same one (which is exactly what happened; the person I thought would get it got it and totally deserved it!). The other three were very non-specific in their requirements (literally, the requirement for one was "Is a veterinary student"), so I went for it cause I had time to write the essays over Christmas break.

Between my school scholarship and my OTS scholarship, I got 2300! So I always say definitely apply for whatever scholarships you qualify for, but don't count on getting anything, and what you're going to get will probably make up for a couple months of rent.

Looking at the email list, I would say that somewhere around 100-150 people get scholarships at my school per year. People are able to get multiple scholarships. One girl in 2020 received 4 scholarships the spring she entered fourth year.
Are scholarships mainly geared toward students entering 4th year at Illinois? Or are these just the students/situations, in particular, you know about? Thanks so much for such a detailed response, by the way! :)

Are scholarships mainly geared toward students entering 4th year at Illinois? Or are these just the students/situations, in particular, you know about? Thanks so much for such a detailed response, by the way! :)

Oh no, there are scholarships for every year. The only ones that seem to be limited are those that are for incoming first years starting in the fall that are recruitment scholarships. A guy in 2020 that I know received a 5k scholarship as an incoming first year. Some scholarships are reserved for specific years, like scholarships 4th years can earn for being particularly gung-ho/knowledgeable during specific rotations, or during second year for having the highest parasitology or pathology grade. Just depends!

A few schools seem to offer scholarships to first year students, but I think it’s more common for schools to mostly award them to second through fourth year students. They’re usually not a ton of money but anything helps...where I went to school most were 1000-2500 with a few in the 5-10k range and the big daddy one awarded to an outstanding graduate was like 50,000. There are definitely exceptions to that, but for most people it won’t make a huge dent in the loans.

Did you change your drivers license and everything? Or do you still have everything as NY and you just haven’t lived there in a year?

Did you change your drivers license and everything? Or do you still have everything as NY and you just haven’t lived there in a year?
I still have my NY drivers license, I just haven't lived there since May of last year, but based off of their website, it appears I am no longer considered a resident. I guess I should have seen it coming. I took Genetics online, this past semester, through a SUNY school and really had to fight to get instate tuition. They said that I just met the cut off, and had I chosen to take the course in the summer, they would have considered me out of state.

I still have my NY drivers license, I just haven't lived there since May of last year, but based off of their website, it appears I am no longer considered a resident. I guess I should have seen it coming. I took Genetics online, this past semester, through a SUNY school and really had to fight to get instate tuition. They said that I just met the cut off, and had I chosen to take the course in the summer, they would have considered me out of state.
I’d definitely check with them about it. The residency form I just looked at says you can be a resident of NY but working in a different state. It also says if you answered no to certain questions to call the vet school admissions to discuss, so I’d definitely talk with them and see if they’ll consider you a resident if you do answer No for those ones

When inserting our transcripts manually on the application do we put in the classes we plan to take in Fall and Spring after the application is submitted? ex. would I insert the classes I am planning to take this fall and next spring and put them as "planned/in progress" ?

When inserting our transcripts manually on the application do we put in the classes we plan to take in Fall and Spring after the application is submitted? ex. would I insert the classes I am planning to take this fall and next spring and put them as "planned/in progress" ?
Definitely put any prerequisites you are still planning to take in those semesters so schools know you do plan to take them.
If you’re not taking any prereqs, id still put whatever you’re tentatively taking those semesters if you’re still on school so that they can see you’ll still be taking classes.

Definitely put any prerequisites you are still planning to take in those semesters so schools know you do plan to take them.
If you’re not taking any prereqs, id still put whatever you’re tentatively taking those semesters if you’re still on school so that they can see you’ll still be taking classes.
Thank you! 4/5 of the courses I am taking in the fall and next spring are prerequisite courses so I will definitely list them!

Any previous Auburn applicants or current Auburn students, how strict are they on the Cell Bio requirement? I didn't take it because my in-state doesn't require it and I couldn't fit it in. Some of my classmates applied to Auburn last cycle and said they didn't take Cell Bio, but they were also ultimately rejected without being told any specific reason. I would love to apply, but don't want to waste $120 if I don't even meet the pre-reqs.

Any previous Auburn applicants or current Auburn students, how strict are they on the Cell Bio requirement? I didn't take it because my in-state doesn't require it and I couldn't fit it in. Some of my classmates applied to Auburn last cycle and said they didn't take Cell Bio, but they were also ultimately rejected without being told any specific reason. I would love to apply, but don't want to waste $120 if I don't even meet the pre-reqs.
Best bet is to contact the school and see if any of your courses would meet the requirement. Generally though if you don’t have a prerequisite completed and aren’t planning on taking it, you don’t meet their requirements for admission.

Not an Auburn student, but looking at their prospective students brochure, I'd say that a requirement is a requirement. They were pretty specific about the type of class they're looking for.

they are S T R I C T!! You also have to have 2 of the 4 that follow done before submitting your application: Ochem 1, Ochem 2, Physics 1, Biochemistry. I did not find it out until I emailed their admissions team!

I’m not sure about Auburn’s requirements but on your application you can list under Spring 2021 semester that you expect to take Cell Bio. If you don’t get accepted/an interview, you can decide not to take it. What you list for expected coursework is tentative and if you don’t take it it only really matters for schools that have that class as a prerequisite.

If you have questions, you can always contact admissions at the school. Most of the vet schools I’ve contacted with questions have been extremely nice and helpful. So don’t be afraid!

Yep same. I also focused on the VMCAS essays first, because you need these done regardless of the school(s) you apply to. Then moved on school by school (did first choice supplemental first, second choice second, and so on). During the cycle the schools I was applying to did change, so this was helpful for me personally!
Same here - I pulled them all into a Word doc, separated by school & including word/character limits to stay organized. I also started with the general VMCAS essays, then moved on in no particular order. I did put some essays at the end of my list for schools I wasn't sure would make my final cut to eight schools. I worked 3 hours daily for about a month, and I was able to get them all done over that period of time, but...try to avoid doing this. It was rather miserable and stressful! I'm a quick writer, so I was able to get it done & still get good feedback from friends/family/vets, but if you're a slower writer you'd definitely struggle.

I've got virtually the same plan this year, but I'm starting in June as opposed to August! Already have my doc set up, working on my plan for getting each essay done over the next few months. I work best with a very-detailed-but-flexible schedule, so I can be sure I'll be able to stick to it. Make sure to allow some time to take a deep breath, relax a little, and be able to send your essays to colleagues with enough time for good review. And, if you can, take the time off for a vacation this summer, during which time you don't even THINK about your essays! It can help to let things sit and then come back to them with fresh eyes/mindset!

Also, as an aside, even if the VMCAS page for each individual school doesn't mention a supplemental application or fee, CHECK EVERY SCHOOL'S WEBSITE! There were a couple sneaky ones, and I didn't even know I'd missed one until they informed me a week after the deadline!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else having trouble finding the motivation to write your essays and what to put in them? How are you motivating yourself?

I knew I needed to stay organized since I was going to tackle this while taking summer courses and a full-time internship so I went rogue and created a google folder for VMCAS, then I created multiple sub-folders to stay organized: For example, I created a spreadsheet for schools that have portals and I put username, password, the link for access for each school. I created one for all the schools I applied to and listed deadlines, requirements, app fee, a "Done" column, etc. I had a folder for correspondence from schools for accepted/denied/interview date, last year's acceptance/rejection dates so I would have a general idea of when I might hear back. I had a folder for my experiences, jobs, volunteer info, etc. and I typed up the descriptions and dates there before I copied and pasted into VMCAS.

I also created an essay folder. Before I started writing I created a google doc for each question. I copied and pasted each VMCAS question, as well as made docs for each school for the supplemental school questions and copied and all of those. I worked through the general VMCAS Q's first and then worked through one school at a time BUT many of the supplemental app questions are similar and for me, having everything on google docs allowed me to toggle between everything easily. It took me a bit to create all the folders, docs, spreadsheets, etc. but it was worth it. I was attached to my Google Drive for months, but it helped me stay organized and gave me easy access where ever I was to add/edit info. I was so paranoid that I would miss a step or forget something that keeping it all in one spot helped me. Lots and lots of editing those essays but I was happy with what I ended up submitting and my checksheets/spreadsheets kept me from missing anything important with the process. That was probably the MOST organized I ever was! LOL!

***Side note: Someone earlier mentioned that you need to check individual school websites for supplemental fees, etc. I 100% agree! To be safe and to make sure you don't miss anything search every school website you are applying to so you make sure you have everything covered! That also helps you become more familiar with the school(s) you are applying to. a win/win!

to stay organized: For example, I created a spreadsheet for schools that have portals and I put username, password, the link for access for each school. I created one for all the schools I applied to and listed deadlines, requirements, app fee, a "Done" column, etc.
@biomajor2019
100% definitely recommend making a check list. I was worried about forgetting about something (sending GRE scores, transcripts, extra supplemental forms, supplemental payment, supplementals that were released later than the main app was due). It's good to keep track of what you have to get done.

I utilized a Google Doc for writing my personal and supplemental essays since you are able to easily look back at your history if you want to look at an earlier version, easily be able to get edits/comments from readers and access your essays from any computer.

Choosing schools to apply to is so difficult and stressful, I kinda don't know where to look. I have some schools in mind, but I have a low cGPA and high last 45 GPA and I need to apply smart. Is there a resource or maybe some advice as to where to look?

Choosing schools to apply to is so difficult and stressful, I kinda don't know where to look. I have some schools in mind, but I have a low cGPA and high last 45 GPA and I need to apply smart. Is there a resource or maybe some advice as to where to look?
Definitely look on the invidivual schools websites and see who weighs last 45 more than cumulative. Also, if you post in the What Are My Chances subforum, you can get some feedback on your stats.

There are probably some other schools I'm not thinking of. Michigan State used to be another option that weighed science and last 45 hours GPAs much more heavily, but I also know that they've drastically overhauled the process since then. I can't recall the exact details of how things work there at the moment. Applications were five years ago for me, ha.
They don’t really consider GPA at all beyond you having at least a 3.0 prereq (maybe it’s science?) and last 36

You could also consider schools like Midwestern or Illinois, both of which are on the more holistic side and have been a bit friendlier to those with lower cumulative GPAs (or otherwise spotty academics) in the past. Stay away from schools like Texas A&M and UGA unless they happen to be your IS school; competition for OOS spots at those schools is extremely fierce and they consider cumulative GPA strongly.
Illinois does still factor both cumulative and last 45 gpa in. If you don’t meet their unknown GPA cutoff for that cycle they won’t move you past the academic stage. Once you make it to interviews, it’s only your interview and the rest of your app considered, not GPA or GRE anymore.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned (or maybe I didn't see it), but what is going to happen with interviews? I know that this pandemic is far from over and there is a high chance that a second wave is most likely going to happen. I wonder what vet schools are going to do with interviews. I wonder if interviews will be online due to the fact that people will be flying from all over and the schools see it as a potential risk of exposure. I guess it's something that has just graced my mind. :shrug:

Not a question or rant, but it's 12am so peak productivity hour, and after MONTHS of mental/emotional turmoil over VMCAS essays and just generalized fear of even starting them, I finally sat down, told myself to just write the goddamn thing no matter how bad, and finished the first draft of the first essay! I am very excited and proud of myself :D . To anyone else struggling like I have: just sit down and write it, even if it's horrible! It feels really good just to have a first draft.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned (or maybe I didn't see it), but what is going to happen with interviews? I know that this pandemic is far from over and there is a high chance that a second wave is most likely going to happen. I wonder what vet schools are going to do with interviews. I wonder if interviews will be online due to the fact that people will be flying from all over and the schools see it as a potential risk of exposure. I guess it's something that has just graced my mind. :shrug:
I'm honestly a little surprised that this hasn't become more of a thing before now. It's SO much cheaper and accessible to have video interviews be done remotely, for both schools and for applicants. It would go a long way to diversifying the field of candidates if people didn't have to pick and choose what interviews they can attend based on airline costs. It would also allow much more flexibility for people to fill up interview spots, making things much more efficient if folks drop out. I understand it's used as a measure of interest and dedication to the school, but there are certainly good reasons to not be able to physically attend an interview across the country that aren't at all related to someone's interest level.

Not a question or rant, but it's 12am so peak productivity hour, and after MONTHS of mental/emotional turmoil over VMCAS essays and just generalized fear of even starting them, I finally sat down, told myself to just write the goddamn thing no matter how bad, and finished the first draft of the first essay! I am very excited and proud of myself :D . To anyone else struggling like I have: just sit down and write it, even if it's horrible! It feels really good just to have a first draft.
WHOO HOO, that's the way to do it! That's the way you have to start sometimes - just plunk something down on a document, and then you can rework it and revise it and even start over if you really need to. But most of my creative friends who write/draw/create art/compose music try to live by the adage of "Do not critique something until it is finished", and it makes it a lot easier to just let things flow.

In addition to Elkhart's list (and I think he actually got all the ones that I know of that lean more heavily on last 45), you can also do a search here for "last 45" in the thread titles - it's a question that has been asked and answered a lot over the years, though we never managed to compile a succinct list. Obviously you should always double check with the school's info on their application process, but I think it's a good jumping off point.
It's hard to predict this far out from interview season, but I imagine they would do online interviews if necessary. You miss out on some aspects of the process as a prospective student (for instance, I fell in love with my school when I interviewed, and part of that was getting to experience the atmosphere of the place), but they'll make it work for sure. We've already done some Zoom interviews in past cycles for people who couldn't travel due to bad weather or short notice and things like that.
This is great advice! In any writing project, often the worst part is staring at that blank page. So my advice would be just start writing. Don't try to edit as you go, it's called a rough draft for a reason. Just get something down on paper, and go from there.

If you struggle with editor's paralysis, I'd suggest handwriting your first draft, in pen. It's a lot harder to sit and dwell over every single word when you can't just delete things easily ;)

In addition to Elkhart's list (and I think he actually got all the ones that I know of that lean more heavily on last 45), you can also do a search here for "last 45" in the thread titles - it's a question that has been asked and answered a lot over the years, though we never managed to compile a succinct list. Obviously you should always double check with the school's info on their application process, but I think it's a good jumping off point.

It's hard to predict this far out from interview season, but I imagine they would do online interviews if necessary. You miss out on some aspects of the process as a prospective student (for instance, I fell in love with my school when I interviewed, and part of that was getting to experience the atmosphere of the place), but they'll make it work for sure. We've already done some Zoom interviews in past cycles for people who couldn't travel due to bad weather or short notice and things like that.

This is great advice! In any writing project, often the worst part is staring at that blank page. So my advice would be just start writing. Don't try to edit as you go, it's called a rough draft for a reason. Just get something down on paper, and go from there.

If you struggle with editor's paralysis, I'd suggest handwriting your first draft, in pen. It's a lot harder to sit and dwell over every single word when you can't just delete things easily ;)

That is an excellent idea regarding finding schools to apply! Thank you for that idea WildZoo! Now that finals are over, I can now properly research more schools that can be in my favor. Honestly the possibility of interviews being online is very bittersweet for me, it's great because I can save money on travel expenses but it's not great because that means I can't explore the campus and the area and see if it is right for me. It's funny to imagine wearing pj bottoms during an interview though. :laugh:

Experience section: Sentences or bullet points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Experience section: Sentences or bullet points?
Whatever works best for you! I wrote sentences for mine because I just personally didn't like how what I was writing sounded in bullet points, but I know a lot of people who used bullet points because they ran out of room when trying to do full sentences.

fun fact that I wish I had known the first time I applied:

Michigan State prefers sentences--a short narrative that explains what you learned and how you grew as a professional from the experience

Obviously not everyone is going to cater their application to MSU, but if it's your top choice please keep that in mind!

happy to help anyone put these together! pm me if you need help!

• Wow