Help! My recommender wants a resume?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Natalie22

Reaction score
I recently asked one of the veterinarians I work with for a letter of recommendation. She said she would be happy to and she thinks I would make a great vet, so I’m confident that her letter is going to be great, however she asked me to send her my resume. What am I supposed to put on this? Should I focus on my skills and experiences at my current position at the clinic she works at? Does she want this resume as a reference on what I do at the clinic when writing my letter? That’s the only thing I can think of since I’ve been working PRN this semester so I haven’t had a ton of one-on-one time with her in the past few months. Any advice helps. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It’s just a resume. Don’t over think it. It’s a good idea to always have a resume handy and add your experiences to it a few times a year so you know what you’ve done. Just make one with the standard info like education, work experiences, awards/accomplishments, extracurriculars, volunteerism, etc. She probably just wants to know what all else you do.

Reactions: 8 users