Virtual Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jh613

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview coming up that will be online. I am feeling good about the actual interview portions of the day, but I'm wondering about the time between. They said that there will be presentations about the program as well as some downtime that I will have access to a "Home Room" with other applicants, faculty, and current students. If this were in person I would have no issue chatting with people and making myself stand out, but in an online format, I'm a bit unsure. Has anyone had any experience with a situation like this? Any advice? Currently, I think I'm going to think up a ton of questions and try and get a conversation going but that seems a lot more challenging online than in person (for me at least).

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like a pretty relaxed environment and isn’t too structured. For my interviews last year we just talked about random stuff like where we we’re from and general casual conversation. Someone’s cat walked on screen and then we all ran to get our pets. It’s also not weird to not join in.

Reactions: 1 users