Virginia DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curiosity, has anyone heard anything from Radford recently? I know the interviews are next week and I still have not heard anything from them.
I got an email invite last Wednesday from them but one of my friends said they do two rounds of interviews so one before thanksgiving and one after thanksgiving but I am not sure how true this is!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email invite last Wednesday from them but one of my friends said they do two rounds of interviews so one before thanksgiving and one after thanksgiving but I am not sure how true this is!
That will probably make sense because I assume I would have heard something sooner. Hopefully I will hear something before the end of the day tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know when we are supposed to hear back about our status post-interview?
When I spoke to the director of admissions, she said that it would be no more than two weeks before we heard back with a decision! So if you interviewed last weekend we should be hearing by the end of next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted to Emory and Henry!

Reactions: 5 users
I got the email from Shenandoah that my application has moved to full review before sending out invites for interview. Did anybody get that email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone has applied to Hampton University yet?

Reactions: 1 user
They are supposed to send out interview emails this week but I haven’t heard anything

They are supposed to send out interview emails this week but I haven’t heard anything
I haven’t either. The email said they were aiming to send them out early this week, but I got the impression it wasn’t a definite “you WILL hear from us this week”

Reactions: 2 users
I got that feeling too especially since they said that they “expect” to send them out this week

Anyone in this thread planning to attend or applying to MDCHS?

I applied. Apparently some people have already heard from them. I emailed admissions earlier this week and they said that they are still reviewing apps for interviews, so I don’t really know what’s going on

I got the email from Shenandoah that my application has moved to full review before sending out invites for interview. Did anybody get that email?
I also got that email 10 days ago! Still waiting on interview invitation email.

Shenandoah is very behind they have well over 600 applicants. Murphy Deming has done interviews and sent out acceptance letters along with waitlist. They do interviews in increments though.

I applied. Apparently some people have already heard from them. I emailed admissions earlier this week and they said that they are still reviewing apps for interviews, so I don’t really know what’s going on
I got accepted there but I dont think the class is full. My friend has an interview with them in December so I still think theyre looking to fill the class.

Has anybody heard anything from ODU yet? I know they don't do interviews, but has anybody been accepted?

I was accepted to Radford today! But I think this was a super early response because they told me to expect to hear back in two weeks...and it has been three days since my interview.

Hey! I’ve been keeping up with this thread for a week now without an account lol but I’m getting nervous so I wanted to comment. Haven’t heard back from Shenandoah yet. Emailed Linda and she’s out of the office until the 29th.. Is it possible they’re done sending out invites? Waiting on Emory and Henry for the January 11th interview date as well. Has anyone heard from them?

Hey! I’ve been keeping up with this thread for a week now without an account lol but I’m getting nervous so I wanted to comment. Haven’t heard back from Shenandoah yet. Emailed Linda and she’s out of the office until the 29th.. Is it possible they’re done sending out invites? Waiting on Emory and Henry for the January 11th interview date as well. Has anyone heard from them?

I got a message previously that said I would hear back by the 22nd, but haven’t from Shenandoah. I’ve seen a few people say they got interviews, so I’m just telling myself I got rejected. I had sent a follow up email earlier today asking essentially if we are notified regardless of admissions decision, but got the automated response as well. Knowing that they seemed to have a lot more applications than normal, they may be behind.

I went to the first round of E&H interviews and loved the program. I’ve been deferred for a final decision though until after the next round of interviews :(

Last edited:
I was accepted to Radford today! But I think this was a super early response because they told me to expect to hear back in two weeks...and it has been three days since my interview.
Congratulations! I still haven’t heard anything from them and I know the interviews were this past week. How was the interview like?

I got a message previously that said I would hear back by the 22nd, but haven’t from Shenandoah. I’ve seen a few people say they got interviews, so I’m just telling myself I got rejected. I had sent a follow up email earlier today asking essentially if we are notified regardless of admissions decision, but got the automated response as well. Knowing that they seemed to have a lot more applications than normal, they may be behind.

I went to the first round of E&H interviews and loved the program. I’ve been deferred for a final decision though until after the next round of interviews :(
I’m hoping for both of us they’re just behind!! How was your interview for E&H? Did you feel good about it?

Maybe they didn’t send them all out yet, I did try emailing the contact given but she is out of office all week

Congratulations! I still haven’t heard anything from them and I know the interviews were this past week. How was the interview like?
It was pretty laid back. It was just a one-on-one with a faculty member. Then they assign you to a current student who gives you a building tour. They also started something new this year where they assemble a panel of PTs, some recent graduates and others who work in the surrounding community, and you get to ask them questions. It was very informative.

It is possible that more invites will be sent out if people decline their invitation to interview.
The Emory & Henry interview invites are probably in a similar situation- they've already sent out a round of acceptances, so they're most likely waiting to see how many people claim their spot before sending out more interview requests

Reactions: 1 users
It was pretty laid back. It was just a one-on-one with a faculty member. Then they assign you to a current student who gives you a building tour. They also started something new this year where they assemble a panel of PTs, some recent graduates and others who work in the surrounding community, and you get to ask them questions. It was very informative.
That’s awesome and thanks for providing the information. I just hope I hear something from them soon.

Nice!! Thanks for that info it helps a lot. I didn’t hear from Shenandoah or Emory today so I think it’s safe to assume I won’t be getting an invite. Fingers crossed for other schools

Nice!! Thanks for that info it helps a lot. I didn’t hear from Shenandoah or Emory today so I think it’s safe to assume I won’t be getting an invite. Fingers crossed for other schools
Same

Got an invite to interview at Shenandoah yesterday afternoon around 3pm! Some more could still be coming!

Just got an interview invitation to Shenandoah on the 16th!