vintage ads for psych meds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hurricane

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://community.livejournal.com/vintage_ads/88173.html

This one is my favorite:
98bc4ae8.jpg

And here is an article with links to a couple other foreign language collections.

Members don't see this ad.

I love that one. Funny thing is, with the new black box warnings, we're seeing that this ad was a prediction of the future. It's not too far off.
:laugh:

We have that hanging in our resident's on-call room.

I've got lots of these. I think we had a similar thread on this a while back.

http://community.livejournal.com/vintage_ads/88173.html

Hey
Thats great! If you can post a link to where I can see more vintage drug ad...would be much appreciated. I think they would make a great addition to MySpace ;)

Riz

Members don't see this ad :)
aaagh, the days before the controlled drug act!!! :sleep: Pentobarb for sleep...lovely. There is a lesson here.

;)

I have lots of these vintage psych med ads, but they're too big to thumbnail. Maybe I'll link them to a site so I can show them. I've got a great asian prozac ad you guys have to see.

Anasazi23 said:
I have lots of these vintage psych med ads, but they're too big to thumbnail. Maybe I'll link them to a site so I can show them. I've got a great asian prozac ad you guys have to see.

You should upload them to flickr for the world to see :)

awesome! there is a whole page devoted just to me! i wish i could make one one of these my avatar! thorazine for severe excitement, bring it on!!!!!! :soexcited: i think that is the "severe excitement" smiley! i hope there are enough exclamation points in my post!!!!

:p

AtivanAd.jpg

It says: "In a world where certainties are few...no wonder Ativan (lorazepam) C-IV is prescribed by so many caring clinicians."

Not only is it creepy in that it implies that uncertainty about the future should be medicated away, but that this was from not too long ago (1987).

Last edited:
awesome! there is a whole page devoted just to me! i wish i could make one one of these my avatar! thorazine for severe excitement, bring it on!!!!!! :soexcited: i think that is the "severe excitement" smiley! i hope there are enough exclamation points in my post!!!!

:p

Thorazine for arthritis?! WTF?