Video Board Review Courses for Peds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Woot!

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there!
Ive been searching through some old threads about what does and doesnt work for studying for the boards. I like watching video's but before spending a large sum of money on a review course I was wondering if people could weigh in and help me.

I know there is the UCLA review course and the Medstudy review course (both video lectures). Are there any others people would recommend?

If it came down to UCLA vs Medstudy what would you choose?

Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine used the Medstudy videos for the 2012 boards and felt they helped a lot. I borrowed the discs and used them a bit for my 2013 boards, but did not have enough study time to really use them all that much. They were good for when I was too tired to read or do questions and wanted more passive learning, but I am not sure how much I learned from just watching. But I am also the type of person who did not learn much from sitting through lectures in medical school, and learned more from reading on my own and not attending lecture. I would say if you learn from watching lectures, they would be a really good tool. Another friend bought the UCLA board review audio (not the video) and thought it was good content, especially useful while commuting. Hope that helps.