What is a good step 2 score for Peds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pigsinacloth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
DO student who is just looking to match in Chicago or at an institution with a peds cards fellowship. Pretty average student overall with high pass on all my clinical grades, slightly above middle of my class in rankings. Ok research with about 8 posters/oral presentations from college and med school, could maybe have 1-2 pubs by the time apps are due, but this keeps getting pushed back due to things outside my control. Have a couple very good peds letters and some letters from other specialties that I could use.

I am a very goal oriented person because that helps me track my progress on things. So I just want to have a target for what score I should be aiming for as I approach dedicated in a month. Obviously I know highest possible, but that does not really help much because I know it's impossible to know everything. I also just took the amboss SA and got a 235, so IDK if that helps anyone give you an idea of where I am at

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you have link to more recent data? 2023?
That data is freely available from the NRMP if you want to look at all the metrics they collect. That being said, I imagine they only do this level of detail every couple of years because it doesn’t change that much, ie that data was published in 2021 for 2018 metrics.

My eyeballing of all the metrics match my current observations.