vet students wanna take a shot at this "case"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luvNeMoles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
this has nothing to do with vet school, but i was hoping all you vet students could come up with a conclusion using what you all have learned so far to let me know the cause of death for my goldfish. i know it sounds silly but seriously, i went on vacation for a week and left my uncle to feed them every few days. i had a bunch of fish meds on top of the tank and he managed to pick a prescription bottle filled with lysine (it's for my foster cats to boost their immune system; i volunteer at the humane society and the bottle was labeled HUMANE SOCIETY) to "medicate" my fish. it was thursday, when he checks in on them saturday morning they're all dead. i got back from vacation sunday night. the bottle was labeled 1/8 teaspoon a day so i'm assuming that's how much he put in on thursday (it's about 25gallons of water) so..if you're good with chemistry and understand the chemistry in aquaria, do you know if that's a definite cause of death? is lysine toxic to fish (goldfish)? or was it a toxic amount? did it cause asphyxiation? please explain to me how you got to your conclusion. if you doubt that's a cause, i know a couple other possiblities that may have been reason for cause. i just have to know, thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.