UC Davis Vet School grad attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labratoryrat24

Reaction score
How come UC Davis vet does 4-sided tams (which are usually for bachelors) instead of 8 sided tams (doctorates)?

Members don't see this ad.

Does it really matter? My school used the classic four sided hats for everyone too. It’s not something I’ve ever even thought about before. All graduation hats look silly but you wear them for like an hour or two and then never again.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How come UC Davis vet does 4-sided tams (which are usually for bachelors) instead of 8 sided tams (doctorates)?
My school also did the 4 sided caps because the fluffy hats were fabric and there was a concern for how to clean them with covid. One classmate still ordered the fluffy hat because she kept it.

Note that I didn't even know what the fluffy hat name was. So that shows you how much it matters and how much other people will care when looking at your grad photos. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Maybe poofy and fuzzy is a better description.

I think they’re often kinda velvet-y texture but also more floppy than the cardboard square hats. Or at least the ones my residency institution used looked like that.

Reactions: 1 user
My school also did the 4 sided caps because the fluffy hats were fabric and there was a concern for how to clean them with covid. One classmate still ordered the fluffy hat because she kept it.

Note that I didn't even know what the fluffy hat name was. So that shows you how much it matters and how much other people will care when looking at your grad photos. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Prior to covid uiuc still did the regular 4 sided mortarboards and not the tams. My class was allowed to vote for what hat we wanted and we chose the tams. Not sure if 2023 got to vote too or if we were voting in 2022 to change the attire for future classes too. I just thought they were more fun and I wanted the keepsake 😂 I’m still planning on turning mine into a throw pillow but have not done it yet

Reactions: 1 user
Y'all had a graduation? 🤣🤣😭

It could always be worse!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users