Technology Verizon customers, what smartphone are you using?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Krahis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my contract is up, I'm looking for a new phone and think I'm finally going to switch over to a smartphone. However, I'm looking for one that will support the important medical apps. Palm announced they're no longer making PalmOS, so I've been thinking of staying with Windows Mobile.. I was looking at the Treo 700wx, but I'm looking for more input. What are you verizon folks using these days?

Members don't see this ad.

Why not get an iPhone?

I have no desire to switch to AT&T. I'm also not a huge Apple fan. In addition, an all touch screen? No thanks; I enjoy keys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to suggest a Storm then as it's the latest greatest phone but I guess not without keys.

I was going to suggest a Storm then as it's the latest greatest phone but I guess not without keys.

You know, I actually went down to the Verizon store the other day and played with the Storm. That "SurePress" feedback was actually pretty neat. I'm still not sure if I could text without looking at the phone but it does, at least, provide some sort of tactile feedback. Who knows, maybe I'll get one. It seems that medical apps are still somewhat sparingly available for the Blackberries, though. I imagine this will become less of a problem in the future as the devices become more ubiquitous.

forget the storm. my buddy got one and returned it in less than 24 hours. go with the omnia instead. that's what i did and i love it. no regrets.

forget the storm. my buddy got one and returned it in less than 24 hours. go with the omnia instead. that's what i did and i love it. no regrets.

eww

windows has its own home screen, address book, internet explorer, and media player. and because it's so clumsy, samsung decides to offer its own take of a home screen, address book, web browser, and media player on top of what windows offers. what a mess

not to mention, check out the keyboard

showimage.php

The person who designed that should be beaten with red hot pokers. Who puts the space bar to the far right :confused::confused:

eww

windows has its own home screen, address book, internet explorer, and media player. and because it's so clumsy, samsung decides to offer its own take of a home screen, address book, web browser, and media player on top of what windows offers. what a mess

not to mention, check out the keyboard

showimage.php

The person who designed that should be beaten with red hot pokers. Who puts the space bar to the far right :confused::confused:

LOL I had the same thought when I took a close look at this thing this weekend.

blackberry-pearl.jpg

Anybody used one before? I don't really understand the rationale behind a two-lettered key QWERTY, but I guess you get used to it.... And the curvature? :wtf:

I heard the Pearl (BlackBerry pictured above) is quite buggy with memory leaks. The 2-lettered QWERTY is also hate it or love it.

I believe the Storm offers the best of both worlds. If you like that 2-lettered style, it offers that in portrait mode. And turn it horizontally for a full regular QWERTY keyboard.

If you absolutely need hardware keys, the BlackBerry Curve offers a regular full sized QWERTY keyboard and I believe it is more stable than the Pearl and even the Storm.

If you want something thin, I suggest one of the Samsungs (Saga or Omnia)

If you don't mind something a bit thicker, then go with the HTC Touch Pro. This is probably one of the best slider phones out there.

Samsung Omnia is the best choice out of all

If you want a keyboard then htc touch pro is your option.... but itz thick..
wait for htc diamond i guess.

And of course you got a choice of Samsung SCH-i760... they have it now ...I like this phone

I have a Treo 700wx. Having a hard keyboard was a must for me, otherwise I would have stayed with my trusty Palm T3 and Moto 815. I use epocrates and PEPID, plus a ton of cracked skyscape apps. All the apps freeze at one time or another, but with as many apps as I have on there, I'll deal with the occasional freeze.

Will probably get the iphone when I have money. But for now, works gud.