VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone. In hopes of reducing the anxiety level for some of you, we wanted to let you know that the first preliminary acceptances from interviews on 1/19 and 1/26 will be sent out to some of you by email within the next several days (official acceptance letters are sent after a successful background check). For those who interviewed on 2/2 and 2/9, it will probably be another couple weeks before anyone is notified.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. In hopes of reducing the anxiety level for some of you, we wanted to let you know that the first preliminary acceptances from interviews on 1/19 and 1/26 will be sent out to some of you by email within the next several days (official acceptance letters are sent after a successful background check). For those who interviewed on 2/2 and 2/9, it will probably be another couple weeks before anyone is notified.

Thank you for the update!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOO 1/19 Interviewers! i just got my email! keep a look out! :):D:)

does anyone know when the background email will be sent out?

I interviewed on 1/26 and I received my preliminary acceptance email today!!! :D

D: I'm so stressed out. I was interviewed on 2/2... :( Hopefully I'll get in.

We will probably get the information packets in the next week, it should include instructions for signing in the site for the background check (if not provided by email) and vaccinations. Does anyone know the matriculation fees? That'll be in the packet too. These are my assumptions based on other acceptances.

Interviewed 1/19

To everyone who was accepted, what were your PCAT scores? I did pretty bad on the PCAT so i'm a little worried that's going to mess up my chances.. =/

Members don't see this ad :)
To everyone who was accepted, what were your PCAT scores? I did pretty bad on the PCAT so i'm a little worried that's going to mess up my chances.. =/

My stats
GPA: ~3.00
PCAT: 92 composite with >90 in chem and bio
2 years pharmacy tech.

My GPA was a little lower than I wanted so I would just hold tight and see what they say. I know easier said than done but if the rest of your application is strong I think you still have a good chance :)

once the background is completed does anyone know how long the final acceptance will take?

I was accepted 1/29 and was sent my background check via email 2 days later. It took 2 days for the background check to clear. I released my results the same day to VCU but I haven't received any notices of a final acceptance yet =\

once the background is completed does anyone know how long the final acceptance will take?

When I was accepted in Oct, it took about 2-3 weeks. It's snail mail so it might take a little while!

match stats thread might help with pcat question

Last edited:
Dear VCU Admissions,
I had my interview on 1/26. If I didn't get any email from VCU, what would it really mean? Did I get in the waitlist? I heard from the interview that VCU would let me know if I don't get accepted. What is my chance now? Sorry for all the questions, I am really nervous now at my situation.

Dear VCU Admissions,
I had my interview on 1/26. If I didn't get any email from VCU, what would it really mean? Did I get in the waitlist? I heard from the interview that VCU would let me know if I don't get accepted. What is my chance now? Sorry for all the questions, I am really nervous now at my situation.

Once the Admissions Committee makes a final decision (i.e., Accept or Reject) on a student's application they will be notified. Applicants who have interviewed, but have not received written notification from us will remain under consideration until the end of the application cycle. After the class roster is finalized (mid to late May), all remaining students will be notified in writing. Some will be asked if they want to be put on the waiting list to be considered if spots open up during the summer.

Has anyone who's been preliminarily accepted from the 1/12 interviews gotten the official letter of acceptance or an information packet yet? I haven't received anything yet and I already released my certiphi. I already got the official letter of acceptance from UMD and I really want to secure my spot 100% at VCU before I decline another good school.

Has anyone who's been preliminarily accepted from the 1/12 interviews gotten the official letter of acceptance or an information packet yet? I haven't received anything yet and I already released my certiphi. I already got the official letter of acceptance from UMD and I really want to secure my spot 100% at VCU before I decline another good school.
I called earlier this week to ask the same thing and I was told that it can take between 20-25 days from the receipt of our background check to get an official acceptance letter. I released my background check on 2/4 and I haven't received anything yet either so hopefully it'll come within the next week...

congrats to everyone that got in! and to everyone still waiting...HANG IN THERE! just got my email last week (applied sept, interview oct).

can't wait to meet everyone next fall!

I called earlier this week to ask the same thing and I was told that it can take between 20-25 days from the receipt of our background check to get an official acceptance letter. I released my background check on 2/4 and I haven't received anything yet either so hopefully it'll come within the next week...

Thanks. I hope it gets here soon. I went back to double check certiphi and even though I authorized the release on 2/4 they did not release it to the schools until 2/14. So 20-25 days means mid to end of March for official letter..............:eek:

Thanks. I hope it gets here soon. I went back to double check certiphi and even though I authorized the release on 2/4 they did not release it to the schools until 2/14. So 20-25 days means mid to end of March for official letter..............:eek:
I called and spoke with Dr. Ballentine again today. He said that my letter was mailed on 2/13 so I'm guessing it got lost somewhere in the mail. He thought it was strange and said that if I didn't receive anything by Monday to call them so they can resend it since the deadline to submit a deposit is March 6th. He was nice enough to email me a copy of my letter though so that I can have peace of mind knowing that I'm officially accepted :)

Also, do any of you guys have any pre-requisites that still need to be taken? My list says I still need 1 semester of English since they don't accept credit by examination but they'll give me credit for it if I got a 3 or above on my AP test. I don't even remember if I took the AP English exam or not because it's been so long...

I called and spoke with Dr. Ballentine again today. He said that my letter was mailed on 2/13 so I'm guessing it got lost somewhere in the mail. He thought it was strange and said that if I didn't receive anything by Monday to call them so they can resend it since the deadline to submit a deposit is March 6th. He was nice enough to email me a copy of my letter though so that I can have peace of mind knowing that I'm officially accepted :)

Also, do any of you guys have any pre-requisites that still need to be taken? My list says I still need 1 semester of English since they don't accept credit by examination but they'll give me credit for it if I got a 3 or above on my AP test. I don't even remember if I took the AP English exam or not because it's been so long...

Hey thanks for the info. I got my letter today! They said I still need Anat/Phys 2 but its part of my academic update on PharmCAS. Which PharmCAS just mailed out. For the AP score, I went to the registrar's office at my undergrad and they pulled up my AP scores. As long as you submitted the scores for college credit they should still have them on file. If you didn't submit them to your college, you have call and pay a fee to the AP people for them to pull up your records.

just wondering if the admissions committee has made decisions regarding those who interviewed on 2/2? or when should we expect to hear?

I have my interview on 2/2. We may hear back after Spring Break because VCU's SB starts first week of March.

Does anyone know if VCU is still in the process of sending out interview invitations? I applied late and took the January PCAT so I know my chances are lessened but I was just wondering if I should still be expecting to hear from them. My gpa is 3.85 and pcat score was 91% with a writing score of 4, however I really don't have much pharmacy experience and I am an out of state applicant so I'm sure that hurts my chances too. :/

Hello. To those who have been accepted and decided to attend here, do you know when we find out our student ID information? I was trying to access the housing site but you have to log in to see it.

Has anybody who interviewed on 02/02 or 02/09 heard back yet? I know they say a watched pot never boils but I can't stop checking my email! :confused:

Hello. To those who have been accepted and decided to attend here, do you know when we find out our student ID information? I was trying to access the housing site but you have to log in to see it.

We usually send out student IDs all at once after the class roster is completed (late May - early June). Students who want to arrange for on-campus housing can send us an email at [email protected] and we will give you your student I.D. early.

Has anybody who interviewed on 02/02 or 02/09 heard back yet? I know they say a watched pot never boils but I can't stop checking my email! :confused:

Hi everyone. The first preliminary acceptances from interviews on 2/2 and 2/9 will be sent out to some of you by email within the next several days (official acceptance letters are sent after a successful background check). For those who interviewed on 2/23, it will probably be several more weeks before anyone is notified.

Thank you for easing my nerves a bit, VCU Admissions! Keeping my fingers crossed...

Just got acceptance email!!! (Interviewed 2/2) Now I have to decide UMB or VCU with instate tuition.

Last edited:
Just got accepted! (interviewed 2/9) 1 more interview left and then a big decision to make :)

Hello VCU Admissions, are interview invitations still being sent out?

Ugh, I'ven been checking my email religiously... :(

me too =/ I was actually interviewed back in September but I only just took the PCAT in January for the first time and I'm not even sure if VCU has received my scores yet.. and I didn't do so hot on them

Sorry Billy, but we may not have received your PharmCAS application yet. When we receive applications from PharmCAS we send out an email notifying applicants that their application was received.

Hello VCU Admission,

How long does it usually take to receive a confirmation email? I e-submitted my application back in 1/19 but it didn't get send out until 2/27. So far, I haven't receive any confirmation emails or interview calls yet. Does that mean I wasn't qualify?

Hello VCU Admission,

How long does it usually take to receive a confirmation email? I e-submitted my application back in 1/19 but it didn't get send out until 2/27. So far, I haven't receive any confirmation emails or interview calls yet. Does that mean I wasn't qualify?

PharmCAS sends out applications to Schools in batches once or twice a week and we try to send a confirmation email to a student when the application is received from PharmCAS before it is ever decided if a student will be invited for an interview or not. It is not uncommon for emails to be returned for a variety of reasons (e.g., email address no longer in use, email was recongnized as spam, mailbox is full). Your issue appears to be some problem with PharmCAS.

I have officially decided that this is where I will be attending next year!!! I was wondering what those accepted were thinking about as far as living situation goes? I am trying to decide if I want a roommate or not! I am a member of the facebook group, but it is a little dead :(

How long does it usually take to get the Background check email? I got my preliminary acceptance email a little over a week ago.

Mone only took a few days. Maybe a week at the most.

Sooo...should I be worried that I haven't gotten it yet? And if I've already done one for another pharmacy school, would that mean I don't have to do another one?