VCOM Class of 2011!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey VCOM 2011ers! I was wondering how long it took to get a response from VCOM after sending the $1200 deposit in to reserve your seat?? I sent in my deposit this past Friday, over the Thanksgiving break. I'm contemplating if I should call them soon or just wait a little longer? Should I be expecting an e-mail confirmation :confused: and when should I receive more information to setup my e-mail address with VCOM? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey dr. Ed I sent Megan an email...

This is how it went down.

ME: I was wondering if I should expect some type of confirmation that I sent in
the Pre-Check application (I sent it in a few weeks ago).

MEGAN: I am pleased to confirm we received your profile from Pre-Check :) I
forwarded your file onto the Registrar's Office. Once your VCOM PID is
created, they will send an official welcome letter - hopefully soon!

Got her email on the 25th of Nov and I would say I sent the Pre-Check in November 10thish

I would like to hear what the 2011ers have to say though- "soon" can have many meanings sometimes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email from megan shortly after. Maybe things are backed up b/c of the holiday, just give it some time or just shoot her an email, Megan won't mind she's great with quick responses

I spoke too soon.. I just got an e-mail today from Megan welcoming me to class of 2012. That's what I was waiting for. My biggest worry was them not receiving the money by Dec 14 for whatever reason and then forfeiting my seat, now how crazy would that be :scared:???

I spoke too soon.. I just got an e-mail today from Megan welcoming me to class of 2012. That's what I was waiting for. My biggest worry was them not receiving the money by Dec 14 for whatever reason and then forfeiting my seat, now how crazy would that be :scared:???

How Funny! I have been worrying about the same thing!! I just mailed my deposit off on Monday. Hopefully I will receive a welcome e-mail by the end of the week.

What was included in the e-mail? Did you get a VCOM email address yet?

How Funny! I have been worrying about the same thing!! I just mailed my deposit off on Monday. Hopefully I will receive a welcome e-mail by the end of the week.

What was included in the e-mail? Did you get a VCOM email address yet?

Megan talks about getting on the housing listserv if you are interested in obtaining housing. Then talks about that you will receive your e-mail address "within the next month" from the registrar which is after they receive your processed precheck application. I just found out that you can check your precheck application status by going to website www.precheck.com , select studentcheck on left, then students, read the paragraph at the top and follow the instructions.

Megan talks about getting on the housing listserv if you are interested in obtaining housing. Then talks about that you will receive your e-mail address "within the next month" from the registrar which is after they receive your processed precheck application. I just found out that you can check your precheck application status by going to website www.precheck.com , select studentcheck on left, then students, read the paragraph at the top and follow the instructions.

Thanks alot for the info.
I found out (via precheck.com) that my precheck application status is "completed." :D

I'm graduating from VCOM in July and selling.

I have a 3BR 2.5BA Townhome for sale that is within 10 minutes of VCOM. It was built 2006 and is in excellent condition with a 10 year home warranty. Go to http://www.macneal.org for full details or email me at [email protected]

Good Luck Class of 2012!

How many of class of 2011 used recordable devices?:confused:

We have a person of two who volunteer to record each lecture for us. We have podcasts which are available on our classes blog at www.vcomdo.com We can go to a particular classes website and listen to the lecture we would like. It works out well if you miss information and would like to hear what the professor said again.

Greetings VCOM Class of 201:)

I am a current second year and am looking to sell my townhouse since I will be moving away on rotations.

3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom in Oak Tree Townhomes; Less than 10 minutes to VCOM or VT...Convenient to all shopping and restaurants! Check it out at: www.freewebs.com/vcomvt!

I look forward to meeting you all at Accepted Student's Day!

Lisa Dodd, OMSII
[email protected]
(804) 761-3328