This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! So I just recently received the Bluefield College Portal Account Information email with a MyBC account. Is this the email everyone's been referring to in regards to acceptance? If so, when you login what does it look like? I haven't received any other communication from them! Unsure of whether or not to get my hopes up just yet! :wacky: Haha. Ahhhhh really hoping I've received an acceptance!
You're in.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi everyone! So I just recently received the Bluefield College Portal Account Information email with a MyBC account. Is this the email everyone's been referring to in regards to acceptance? If so, when you login what does it look like? I haven't received any other communication from them! Unsure of whether or not to get my hopes up just yet! :wacky: Haha. Ahhhhh really hoping I've received an acceptance![/QUOTE]

Finally hear back and it looks like I got in!!!! Received acceptance email from Sheila about 30 mins ago. If anyone is looking for a female room mate PM me

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! So I just recently received the Bluefield College Portal Account Information email with a MyBC account. Is this the email everyone's been referring to in regards to acceptance? If so, when you login what does it look like? I haven't received any other communication from them! Unsure of whether or not to get my hopes up just yet! :wacky: Haha. Ahhhhh really hoping I've received an acceptance!
Ok so basically they told me that if you receive the account log in that means you're accepted. The only reason I received an email was because I called them and told them that my apartment is prone to losing letters so please email the info.

FINALLY GOT THE ISSUE RESOLVED! You guys were right it's FACE TO FACE. It was so ridiculous because I called again and the person told me it's online and in person and I was sooo confused so I asked her again to be sure and she told me to wait and she'll ask her supervisor who confirmed that it's only face to face in person! Sorry for any confusion guys, but yes it's not online.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

[/QUOTE]

First off - thank you all for the responses! Yay! So excited. Secondly - sure thing! 3.55 overall, 3.2 science, MCAT 500. I also have a graduate degree so those stats include that GPA calculation in there.

Just got the official email regarding my acceptance! :) For those of you still waiting, don't lose hope. I was verified April 20th! Totally thought I had lost my chance given how late I applied. Good luck to all!

Hey everyone! I've been stalking this thread for quite some time now, and it's been a great source of comfort while waiting to hear back about the program. Thanks to everyone for that. I'm excited to have an actual account now, instead of lurking anonymously... :bag:

I was just wondering, do you all think it's feasible to commute to this program? I live about forty minutes away, and not having to relocate would be a huge weight off my shoulders. I've been searching for information about when classes typically start in the morning, but I haven't really found anything yet.

It would suck tremendously to commute that far. Not impossible, but an hour and a half of driving each day is a lot of lost time that could be spent studying or relaxing from it. I would strongly recommend against it. Most days will start at 8.

Any guys still looking for a roommate that are interested in splitting a 2 bedroom apartment?

Hi Guys! A little new to SDN and this thread, but I just wanted to say I also just got my acceptance letter this afternoon! I'm super pumped to start it in the fall. I was hoping to see if anyone that was accepted was still looking for a female roommate? Or is it too late to be looking for an apartment? Also, when do classes start?

Congrats to everyone who got in, can't wait to see you all!

Hi Guys! A little new to SDN and this thread, but I just wanted to say I also just got my acceptance letter this afternoon! I'm super pumped to start it in the fall. I was hoping to see if anyone that was accepted was still looking for a female roommate? Or is it too late to be looking for an apartment? Also, when do classes start?

Congrats to everyone who got in, can't wait to see you all!

I am!! Message me and let me know!

For people who just finished the program, how long was your christmas/winter break?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lets add Thanksgiving in there too.

So I checked the course schedule on the MyBC account. It states that all courses are ending on November 20. I've been trying to call to confirm but it's automatically going to voicemail. So I was hoping the previous students can shed some light on this.

It would be great if we can end in November though.

So I checked the course schedule on the MyBC account. It states that all courses are ending on November 20. I've been trying to call to confirm but it's automatically going to voicemail. So I was hoping the previous students can shed some light on this.

It would be great if we can end in November though.

According to the previous years, the academic calendar on VCOM's website showed classes ended just before Thanksgiving.

For people who just finished the program, how long was your christmas/winter break?

A week for Thanksgiving. Christmas depended on whether you had to take the MCAT or not. I had already done it, so I had 6 weeks off, then still didn't need to study for another 2 after classes started so 8 weeks without studying.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the deadline that the program should notify you by? Thank you!

A week for Thanksgiving. Christmas depended on whether you had to take the MCAT or not. I had already done it, so I had 6 weeks off, then still didn't need to study for another 2 after classes started so 8 weeks without studying.
What do you mean you still didn't need to study for another 2 weeks after classes started?????????

What do you mean you still didn't need to study for another 2 weeks after classes started?????????

Even though lectures started, there wasn't a test until like 3 weeks into it. I never studied more than a week in advance for a test unless it was finals week.

Even though lectures started, there wasn't a test until like 3 weeks into it. I never studied more than a week in advance for a test unless it was finals week.
do you know when this program starts in the fall. if not do you remember when it started for you. On the website it says Aug 20 is the first day of classes for traditional and graduate but on the acceptance letter it says "matriculating july 23" not quite sure which is correct

do you know when this program starts in the fall. if not do you remember when it started for you. On the website it says Aug 20 is the first day of classes for traditional and graduate but on the acceptance letter it says "matriculating july 23" not quite sure which is correct

Mine was July 25th.

Hi @kelminak , I was wondering if you'd be able to provide any insight on how many individuals from your class were accepted for matriculation into VCOM in both the fall and spring semesters? Also, how long did it take for you guys to find out regarding your acceptance into VCOM? Thanks!

Hi @kelminak , I was wondering if you'd be able to provide any insight on how many individuals from your class were accepted for matriculation into VCOM in both the fall and spring semesters? Also, how long did it take for you guys to find out regarding your acceptance into VCOM? Thanks!

55 at Fall, nearly 80% at any med school by Spring. In the Fall it was fast, within a week maybe? I don't remember.

Hey everyone, I just received the MyBc login email and now I guess I'm waiting for letter.

So they actually sent me a follow up email of acceptance with all the directions that are probably included in the mailed letter. I need a roommate so please let me know if you are looking for female roommate!

Hi everyone I’m looking for a male roommate and also currently looking for housing. PM if you are interested!

Hi everyone I’m looking for a male roommate and also currently looking for housing. PM if you are interested!
go to the class Facebook page, some students are looking for roommates. Good Luck!

Can someone explain how the school will place you if you meet benchmark?

Can someone explain how the school will place you if you meet benchmark?

They place you mostly on region. If you're from a few states (I can't remember which), you can appeal to stay at the Virginia campus. Otherwise, you're extremely likely to be put at the other two campuses. They let you give a preference list. If you get in in the Fall, you're likely to get what you want between Spartanburg and Auburn.

I'm not 100% on the Spring one, but the way they explained it is that you're put on a waitlist to join a campus and if you don't get in, they guarantee a spot for the next year. That next year thing doesn't happen anymore since the Auburn campus opened so many available seats for them.

Let me know if that makes sense.

They place you mostly on region. If you're from a few states (I can't remember which), you can appeal to stay at the Virginia campus. Otherwise, you're extremely likely to be put at the other two campuses. They let you give a preference list. If you get in in the Fall, you're likely to get what you want between Spartanburg and Auburn.

I'm not 100% on the Spring one, but the way they explained it is that you're put on a waitlist to join a campus and if you don't get in, they guarantee a spot for the next year. That next year thing doesn't happen anymore since the Auburn campus opened so many available seats for them.

Let me know if that makes sense.
Thanks, makes since. So I guess its pretty much a waiting game to find out where you go?

Last edited:
Is the 2 weeks mark when we should make a decision by start by the time our acceptance through email or via mail?

Hey everyone! So I went to Blacksburg yesterday and I ended up signing a lease because all the apartments near VCOM were all leased up. I am looking for two male roommates to live with me at Cedar Field Townhomes (about a 5 min drive to our MABs building), it is a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath townhome. The rent is 1500 total so split three ways would be 500 per person plus utilities (trash is the only thing included). Please message if you are interested and want more details! I will also be posting this on the facebook page.

Thanks, makes since. So I guess its pretty much a waiting game to find out where you go?

Yes if you don’t appeal but you’ll find out pretty quickly. I think once my appeal was rejected I knew within a week.

Hi guys, if the program starts in July 25th then is it too late to get notified of acceptance?

Hi guys, if the program starts in July 25th then is it too late to get notified of acceptance?

Considering someone got accepted this morning a couple posts up, probably not.

na i just got accepted this morning and submitted my transcript last week

Congratulations! Also Sheila told me that the date from when the 15 day deadline starts is the date on your acceptance letter via post-mail. If you haven't received your letter, you can definitely start working on the matriculation requirements which can be found on the Bluefield website.

Congratulations! Also Sheila told me that the date from when the 15 day deadline starts is the date on your acceptance letter via post-mail. If you haven't received your letter, you can definitely start working on the matriculation requirements which can be found on the Bluefield website.
the deposit deadline is 15 days from the date on your letter

Hi all, so sorry to hear that some of you are still waiting. I got rejected from the DO program after applying early and rejected from the MABS program after transferring my application and waiting eight months. I was told by DO to get more clinical experience (I thought I was solid with ~1500 hours of EMS and some DO shadowing experiences), my stats are 3.6 GPA, 3.5 sGPA, and 494 MCAT. I'm debating whether or not to reapply to DO or just go straight for MABS next cycle, given the poor luck that transfers seemed to have this cycle. I'm applying at other schools, but I want to go to VCOM. I'm from appalachian Virginia and went to Virginia Tech. I know my MCAT is low, which is why I was hoping for the program, and I don't want to retake the MCAT, but I'm willing. Any advice on applications/how to become a better candidate?

It's literally just the MCAT dude. It's going to be the start of many standardized tests you'll have to take. If you retook it and blew it away, you'd open a tremendous amount of doors both MD and DO. You might consider blowing a chunk of money on something like a Kaplan course. It's a lot now, but when the fate of your future in on the line and you'll be making a tremendous amount more in the future, would it be worth it? Beyond that, there are lots of free resources online if you hunt them down on here and reddit. I think even UWorld offers MCAT materials, but I don't know how good it is considering how new it is (they are the gold standard for the USMLE though). It would be worth the time to spend 3+ months studying + working part time if you have to.

You have almost 4x the amount of clinical experience it took me to get into the post bacc. It's definitely not your clinical experience.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey!
I found out I got into the program on June 14th and was wondering if anyone has any housing recommendations. I'm from NJ so it's going to be hard looking for an apartment, but I am driving down this week to visit the campus and Blacksburg in general. I could potentially be looking for roommates so if anyone here has another space or something please let me know (I am a female). Congrats to everyone who has gotten in!