UWorld vs. COMBANK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice lol. Bone wizard award right here

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
They did a study at my school and found those that used COMBANK had lower scores than those that used any other resource, and were lower than those that only used school-provided Kaplan resources. The highest scores went to UW, next to baseline resource users, then Comquest and COMBANK were both below the Kaplan baseline. Another previous study at MSU showed students with UW performing the best and COMBANK users performing worse than those that used no question bank at all.
How can it be possible that using COMBANK results in performing worse than no question bank? Also, who the hell takes a board test without doing a qbank?

How can it be possible that using COMBANK results in performing worse than no question bank? Also, who the hell takes a board test without doing a qbank?

I agree not sure if anybody does comlex without ANY q back. But it is combank so I’m surprised half of us come out without a TBI after doing some of their questions

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Predictors of Scoring at Least 600 on COMLEX-USA Level 1: Successful Preparation Strategies | The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association

Who knows. Here is one study on it that shows some revealing data. The study I was referring to previously is probably a decade old plus at this point, it really isn't applicable anymore. I'll see if I can find it though.

Dumb question potentially but can I use this without downloading anki? I hate omm and think omg omt is trash soo I'm trying to find a source for my omm comat next month.

Thank you darling :)

I don’t think so but I’m not an exactly an expert on all of that lol I think I’ve heard of a quizlet—>anki creator but I’m not 100% sure on that

We need a sticky post saying never to use combank or quest for step or comlex and just use uworld. I swear those companys steal people’s money by making them think they need comlex specific bank. It’s as bad of a deal as aftermarket warrentees

Reactions: 1 users
We need a sticky post saying never to use combank or quest for step or comlex and just use uworld. I swear those companys steal people’s money by making them think they need comlex specific bank. It’s as bad of a deal as aftermarket warrentees

Them and companies like DIT that charge outrageous amounts for "prep courses." They prey on stressed and neurotic medical students. I had to talk a friend off the ledge. He is insistent that he wants an organized course so I told him to buy Uworld, FA, Pathoma, and Sketchy, then put those into Cramfighter. Viola, instant organized schedule lol

Reactions: 4 users
Comquest was great for level 1. Far superior to uworld. Wish i did more of it and less of uworld for my boards.
I’m glad it helped you but the majority seem to like uworld. Didn’t use comquest for step 1 but am for psych/peds comats and it’s disappointing. Bought the package deal we had at our school and feel duped lol

For step 1 I’m looking through the looking glass of one who took step and comlex and quest would just get in the way of step without a doubt

I guess I can’t argue if somebody found it helpful. If we were all the same we would all be driving the same cars

But since we are here subaru ftw

I guess I can’t argue if somebody found it helpful. If we were all the same we would all be driving the same cars

But since we are here subaru ftw

4-runner, offroad tires, and lifted ftw

edit: although I do love Subis

I got a f1fiddy. Wife has subi. I’d rather have a subi crosstrek

I dunno I took both with usmle happening during my first rotation, I thought quest was great for step as well. I've liked it a lot so far for 3rd year as well. Just my experience.
I have enjoyed COMquest a lot during my 3rd year as well. I think it imitates our boards question length and 'hiding' of key words very well. And the explanations are certainly heads and tails above COMBANK. The only thing is I didn't like their OMM as well as COMbank tho. But outside of Saverse no one really gets it right.

They did a study at my school and found those that used COMBANK had lower scores than those that used any other resource, and were lower than those that only used school-provided Kaplan resources. The highest scores went to UW, next to baseline resource users, then Comquest and COMBANK were both below the Kaplan baseline. Another previous study at MSU showed students with UW performing the best and COMBANK users performing worse than those that used no question bank at all.

So not that I don't believe you, because COMBANK is absolute trash, but can you link the study?