"UW-Madison-School of Pharmacy or UM-Twin Cities-College of Pharmacy C/O 2019"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm.D - Badger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I need your thoughts and opinions about which school to attend. I have always wanted to go to the University of Wisconsin - Madison - School of Pharmacy (Ranked #5), and after getting accepted to the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities - College of Pharmacy awhile back (Ranked #3), I have been so torn between both schools. I already have my interview lined up, a month in advance, prior to getting an Official Interview invite from Madison (They have a traditional application cycle). I get instate tuition rates for both schools. Madison is $16,294 per year, while Minnesota is $24,500 per year. I don't want my decision to be based off money for choosing a school. I know there is so many factors to take a look at, but it has just been so difficult to think about. I never thought I would be in this position, but it's so awesome to be in this position. What do you think about each school? If you were accepted to both, which school would you attend?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why are you considering UM? Your username indicates you would prefer UW and its 8k cheaper. Ranked 3rd compared to 5th should have little to no bearing on your decision.

Haha I know! I made this account way before I fell in love with U of M. I know it's cheaper but I like the idea of moving to a new place, I like the curriculum, and I feel like there are more opportunities in Minnesota. lol Then again, I've always wanted to be badger! Haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you want to work after graduation-Minnesota or Wisconsin?

How have you lined up an interview before the official invites? ...Interesting!

I feel like I would like to stay in Wisconsin since family and friends live here, but I feel like moving out of Wisconsin would be great as well, so I guess it really doesn't matter. Minnesota has this awesome loan forgiveness program that I would like to go for working in a rural area which would be cool.

So, from the start of this journey, I always have wanted to go to Madison. I would attend every open house, travel out to Madison to meet with the Director of Admissions as much as I could, and email to keep him updated. I have been doing that consistently for a little over 2 and half years. A couple of the people there now know me well, and I made it clear that I really wanted to attend Madison. This year since I applied, I kept him updated with how other schools went, and I told him about my acceptance to every school I applied to and about Minnesota at the last open house. He straight up told me I'M GETTING AN INTERVIEW. I sent him a follow up email about which day and time I wanted, and he already put me down on the schedule, a month in advance. I believe the Official Interview invites won't be out until December like 14th or around there idk. I have no doubt that I will be accepted to Madison. Most students that I talked to who have gotten accepted to Minnesota, got accepted to Madison. I was told by the Director of Admissions since other schools are on a rolling admissions process, that they lose strong applicants to those schools since Madison is on a traditional application cycle (Which they're trying to change in the future). I believe he told me in advance to prevent that from happening, and how long and hard I have worked with him professionally!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user