UTH San Antonio Details

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perio_1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,
I am planning to apply for the IDEP program 2018 at the UTHSCSA school at San Antonio. The competition to get in is a lot and they have very few seats. Does anyone know who has got into San Antonio IDEP previously. What were their stats? I need some info on that. Please do share. Thanku in advance. Have a great day. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! Nobody has the answer of that question. You can e-mail me.

I'm also thinking about applying. Any news? Do you think worth it applies so late?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!
Can anyone please tell me about the skill testing (bench test) part at San Antonio?
Which typhodont system do they use?

I also applied for the program. I don't think I have too much chance since I applied later in September. Fingers crossed.

Hi everyone!
Can anyone please tell me about the skill testing (bench test) part at San Antonio?
Which typhodont system do they use?

Kilgore Typhodont
Class 2 and crown

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys i see that you guys applied at UTSA last year. Can anyone tell me whats the criteria they look into in selecting candidates?

Yes. UT San is a tough program to get into. One of he mostly reputed schools in the country. I heard one went until final round of interview got rejected due to diversity which the class was looking for. Needs a solid profile as I heard. Good luck for y’all.

I’m
Yes. UT San is a tough program to get into. One of he mostly reputed schools in the country. I heard one went until final round of interview got rejected due to diversity which the class was looking for. Needs a solid profile as I heard. Good luck for y’all.

This guy has no idea of what he talks.
There nobrounds of interview is only one. And people get rejected not base on diversity.
If you are q dummie who can’t talk and have zero social skills but only a solid resume and scholastic achievements in a third world country you are not a “ solid candidate” you are just one more in the pack.
The true is that the schools are looking for something specific ( won’t tell you what it is because I won’t give you that advantage. ) good luck and keep searching but stop giving some room for dummies to pull favs over their <edit> and give advices like that Dr. Sid is giving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princes crown! If you are a real dentist you should be able to prep any crown, cheater.
Why are you so nervous avout others knowing in advance?? Don’t you trust in yourself?? In your “knowledge and personality “ why then being so unfriendly, pleaseeeee, but I hope you get in anyways, we all have worked so hard to be where we are now, you too, so you also deserve get in,BEST OF LUCKS FOR YOU “buddy”

I’m not nervous because, if you were smart you would read my other post and know I’ve have accepted.
People like you are a shame to this forum, requesting help that is, for sake of better words, unethical.
You want to be a dentist in my country but you want to cheat in order to do it.
You clearly not qualified at least morally to do so.
Luckily your sarcasm bring you back to your books and make understand that in this country we don’t like cheater,
Good luck buddy ( yes, in this country means friend).
You know what? I won’t take your words under consideration, is not worth it!!! And this is not “your country” is “our country “, and this forum is to help each others, and I’m so sorry if you felt offended, was not my intention, but you definitely were very rude, if you didn’t like my post with no replying back would it be more than enough!! And you have to control that angry if you want to be a good Dr, as you said... “is not what you know, is who you are”

At UTHCSA we were advised not to share any info about the interview because that will put us, the first 2 batches in disadvantage with the upcoming applicants.
Is absolutely not fair for the first applicants, they know that and they change the preps in the bench test.
So I am agree with the post before, but I'm not agree with people who are giving erroneous info about the interview deceiving others to make them fail, SO BE AWARE of FALSE Info about the interview.
I understand your position completely, don’t get me wrong, but you don’t have to be rude or discriminate others like the other person did before, that’s all I have to say, and good luck to you

I’m not nervous because, if you were smart you would read my other post and know I’ve have accepted.
People like you are a shame to this forum, requesting help that is, for sake of better words, unethical.
You want to be a dentist in my country but you want to cheat in order to do it.
You clearly not qualified at least morally to do so.
Luckily your sarcasm bring you back to your books and make understand that in this country we don’t like cheater,
Good luck buddy ( yes, in this country means friend).
I see that you are a 10+ year member of this very helpful forum, I seem to wonder how your scornful and shameful comments haven’t gotten you banned all this while. To start with, UTSan Anthonio dental school didn’t disappoint me at all with not wanting students to share info about what their benchtest is all about. I have lived long enough in the south to know certain schools to avoid whwn applying and I pity many foreign trained dentists that apply there. MANY notable schools let you know what type of prep they require students to do when they send you an IV, so I don’t agree with you trying to label someone a cheat just because the person wants to know what and how to prepare for their interviews. And by the way WHO or WHAT gave you the moral justification to be the moral character judge of another colleague’s character? And yes once again THIS is OUR country. And lmao at ‘In your country we don’t like a cheater’ Have you met OUR president? Wake up ‘buddy’ !

any body can judge a moral character, is unethical to request info to take advantages over others, is basically cheating.
UTSA is one of the best school in the country and top tier in research, if is not fit for you or they did not invite you does not make them a bad school.
School who send info about the Bench test evaluate more the social skills and moral character of the candidates, as I told you, many people for foreign countries don't practice in real patients until they graduated and the lwas and regulation are bleak.
That is why we should push for more ethical request and promote better moral characters in dentistry. If you request info about the "questions" asked in your interview exam now, you will do it at school and definitely you have done it before.
So FEMIDHAYSBOY, mabe in India "buddy" is an insult, but he was just using it as a way to say "boy"
GOT IT?

any body can judge a moral character, is unethical to request info to take advantages over others, is basically cheating.
UTSA is one of the best school in the country and top tier in research, if is not fit for you or they did not invite you does not make them a bad school.
School who send info about the Bench test evaluate more the social skills and moral character of the candidates, as I told you, many people for foreign countries don't practice in real patients until they graduated and the lwas and regulation are bleak.
That is why we should push for more ethical request and promote better moral characters in dentistry. If you request info about the "questions" asked in your interview exam now, you will do it at school and definitely you have done it before.
So FEMIDHAYSBOY, mabe in India "buddy" is an insult, but he was just using it as a way to say "boy"
GOT IT?
Hey ‘buddy ‘ I am not FROM INDIA so please stop there. I don’t know what’s going on with y’alls feelings, I DID NOT apply and will never need to apply to UTSA! I understand you guys see the guy asking for info above as a competition which is OKAY. It is okay not to say anything or respond if you don’t want to, but to condescendingly ‘discriminate’ or ‘talk down’ on people is a not cool. And please assuming that many people from other countries don’t practice on real patients before graduation tells me someone needs to travel more and see the WORLD. Please stay informed.

Hi guys i see that you guys applied at UTSA last year. Can anyone tell me whats the criteria they look into in selecting candidates?
Don’t know if this response is too late but from what I heard, it changes every year and it depends on the qualities needed to join the traditional D3s. So I guess you can hope for the best as long as you have a strong profile and do a great IV/bench test.