USN-University of Southern Nevada - Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDcandidate

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I just wanted to start this thread for USN Class of 2011 !

Congratulations.. We all made it :)

Members don't see this ad.

twiddle's me thumbs as I plan to take over the world!!!!

so i got an acceptance in mid-feb...i live in az, and have no clue where i'm going to live with and who! who is also in the same situation??

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too!! I live in GA and I am lost as well on where I am going to live and with who. I don't know any one in NV, it is going to be weird till I meet some new people in NV.

Same here.. I am from Fl. I kind of started looking at few places where I am planing to have at least 1 ..may be 2.. roommates from our class. I guess start with apartments.com, rent.com and forrent.com..
I think many students will be from out of state. Since there aren't that many Universities in NV.
I can't wait till they open the forum so atleast we can start looking for a roommate and start working from there..

I know, I'm looking for roommates too

Coming from Cali, rent isn't to bad in Henderson, even to the point that renting a house is pretty doable (no parking hassles).

Coming from Cali, rent isn't to bad in Henderson, even to the point that renting a house is pretty doable (no parking hassles).

From CA too, havent done housing research yet. how much are rent rates there????

Hello Guys,

Congradulation to all of you. I am sure you will enjoy the school so much. I loved it, we had stressful times but time flew so fast it was just like yesterday that I got accepted and was excited like you guys :) I am a third year student from USN graduating this June. I have a 3 bedroom house and I am going to rent it out. I already have one girl (p2) taking one of the rooms. Looking for 2 organized and clean females :) The house is 0.5 miles from school and close to everything!

Please let me know if you are interested.
Mandy.

Hello Guys,

Congradulation to all of you. I am sure you will enjoy the school so much. I loved it, we had stressful times but time flew so fast it was just like yesterday that I got accepted and was excited like you guys :) I am a third year student from USN graduating this June. I have a 3 bedroom house and I am going to rent it out. I already have one girl (p2) taking one of the rooms. Looking for 2 organized and clean females :) The house is 0.5 miles from school and close to everything!

Mandy.

How much is the rate?

From CA too, havent done housing research yet. how much are rent rates there????

I am from CA too, and i got accepted into Utah campus (waitlisted at NV campus). I probably will make a trip to UT in July. I am wonderring if I should bring my car or not (it will be a 800 mile driving if i bring my car to there). Does anyone know how public transportation in Utah is? I appreciate any input. ;)

you should bring your car. You will need it for rotations, which start during your p1 year. Just con someone into going with you, and buy him/her a bus ticket / airplane ticket home.

hey 2011 class, i'm from MD!! got accepted yesterday, Vegas here i come.
I have to move all my stuffs especially my car.
renting is a problem, does anyone know about the rates!!
how about student loans, any recommendations on which one to use.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all the ones who have just got accepted. I was interviewed back in Jan and got accepted on mid Feb . I am from CA. I chose Henderson Campus. I am looking forward to meet all of you as my classmates in class of 2011. I am very excited....:love::laugh:

Congratulation to all getting acceptance in USN. I am sure you all are going to like it. Its a small university where everybody knows you by name and face. All the staffs are ready to help you guys with any problems.

Dont worry about finding roommates, i still remember i was so panicking when i moved to vegas but everything worked out so fine. USN will send you guys the roommate date base where you will find the name and phone number of all the ppl who are either looking for place too live or ppl who have place and looking for roommate to share.
S
Your hard works have been paid off. You guys are In .. CHeeersssssSSSSSS!!

Relax and be ready for the new journey of life. Spend time with friends and family!!

Ray

What do you think the biggest differences will be from UT to NV?? You think they are going to be the same socially?

Hi guys I was interviewed in Feb. and I got accepted Friday. I'm from CA too going to Henderson I'm soooo excited :love:

HI fellow classmates! :D

I got the call on Friday and will be joining you in the Fall! I can't wait!

Congratulations to all!

you should bring your car. You will need it for rotations, which start during your p1 year. Just con someone into going with you, and buy him/her a bus ticket / airplane ticket home.
;) thanks. I guess i will do so then.

I am accepted into South Jordan campus and looking for place in Utah. Is anyone (female) interested in sharing an apartment?

so i got an acceptance in mid-feb...i live in az, and have no clue where i'm going to live with and who! who is also in the same situation??

Wow sounds like me. Im in az, received early acceptance, and currently clueless where im gonna live for the next 3 years.

I was looking at housing prices in the area, and the morgage on those houses are less than the rent on some of the apartments in the area. Oh the temptation.

Hey everyone!! I just got accepted this past Friday and have not been able to take the smile off of my face since then. I have been an insomniac since finding out the good news. Thinking about what it took to get to this point and what lies ahead for the future is such an amazing feeling. Well congrats to everyone who has made it and I can't wait to meet all of you!! :D:D:D

Just got accepted too and now focusing on housing situation.

Hey everyone!! I just got accepted this past Friday and have not been able to take the smile off of my face since then. I have been an insomniac since finding out the good news. Thinking about what it took to get to this point and what lies ahead for the future is such an amazing feeling. Well congrats to everyone who has made it and I can't wait to meet all of you!! :D:D:D

I have had the exact same experience this past week. I can't believe what its taken to get to this point. It almost seems surreal! I couldn't be more excited!

I have had the exact same experience this past week. I can't believe what its taken to get to this point. It almost seems surreal! I couldn't be more excited!

Aww...I'm glad you feel the same way too!! I am nervous, excited, and scared all at the same time. When did you interview gooniesgrl4evr? Mine was on Mar 8th.

Has anyone ever heard of the Cambden Apartments? They are an apartment community scattered throughout henderson and las vegas. Online it saids price ranges from 800-950 for a one bedroom and comes with everyone you can ask for... spa, security, in-unit washer and dryer...... I'll be living with my boyfriend so hopefully with utility, bill comes to 550-600 each. What do you guys think? Too expensive?

Hello Guys,

Mandy.

Hey Mandy,
Could you please tell me how much do you rent the room for?

Thanks

Hey everybody!! congratulations....I can't wait to meet y'all, me and my friend got accepted in april and are attending the henderson campus. Is anybody else gonna do the dual degree...mba?

Congratulations Class of 2011. You'll have a memorable experience at USN.

I'll be P2 in May and have a room for rent in a 2bedroom 2 bath apartment available August 1st. Clean, new complex, 10minute drive to school, quiet, own bathroom. Looking for a clean, quiet female. Rent is $950, utilities ~$125 so divided by two I usually spend less than $550 a month on housing. Please let me know if you are interested at [email protected].

Thanks all, congrats again.

class of 2011 congratulations. . . hope we all have successful years to come in pharmacy school~ see you in henderson this august ^^

since ur a p2 i was wondering if you knew anybody who is taking the mba program while taking the pharmd program? and if they are how they are doing? is it too much? manageable? etc? thanks

Aww...I'm glad you feel the same way too!! I am nervous, excited, and scared all at the same time. When did you interview gooniesgrl4evr? Mine was on Mar 8th.

Sorry for the late reply...been really busy with finishing everything up.
I interviewed on Tuesday March 18. I got the call on Friday April 11.

Hello, fellow pharmacy students. Just signed up yesterday and read some threads. It is nice to see the proactivness of my fellow classmates, but not at the Henderson campus. You all sure seem very friendly. Well, I am crashing you party to see if I can locate some fellow USN--South Jordan Pharmacy students starting in the fall of 2008 and some P1 and P2 students in Utah. I started a thread just for Utah because it seems like you Henderson people are very friendly and I am on the waitlist for Henderson, which looks more appealing due to the interaction of new and old students, but I was getting excited about Utah until recently---I am scared now! Can anyone please lead the way to a forum to learn more about Utah in general and the pro and cons of Utah vs. Nevada? Thanks and sorry for the interruption. Congrats to all of you, your hard work paid off and the future is much brighter with opportunity at you feet.

Does anyone have an idea of when the white coat ceremony will be held. Do you think it will be during orientation or at a later date?

Thanks!

So who have you guys picked as your lender for loans?? Trying to find out more info..

i think this is a very good place to stay in...i have a few classmates stay at this address: very near school =) and not expensive... =) you'll enjoy it, it is a very good place...trust me!....

Legends At River Oaks
9425 S. Riverside Drive
Sandy, UT 84070 -6557
Phone: (866)889-0120

=)
hope that helps....

oh yeah, and we (the p2) students will take you out when we see you in AUGUST! let's go eat and go bowling if you want....don't be afraid! i was just like you when i got here, but i was lucky that i met so many friends before i came here....so...i'll do the same to you too if you guys are not familiar with the area....=D no worries...:):)

Hi guys,

Congrats to all you future P1s! Yay! Anyway, if you guys are having trouble finding a place to live, I just might have the solution for you. I live in an apartment complex that is basically a mile away from school (Solevita). I usually wake up @ 7:45am, leave @ 7:55am, and arrive @ school 8:00am. I have one bedroom available. Everything is furnished except for your room. So basically you will only need to buy a bed. The cost is HALF of everything. (Rent is $890/month plus utilities.. so overall of around $500-$600 depending on utility bills). On the side note, I am in the MBA program so the room will be available June/July. Shoot me a message if you are interested and if you have specific questions. Cheers! =)

oh yeah, and we (the p2) students will take you out when we see you in AUGUST! let's go eat and go bowling if you want....don't be afraid! i was just like you when i got here, but i was lucky that i met so many friends before i came here....so...i'll do the same to you too if you guys are not familiar with the area....=D no worries...:):)

Hey Miss Tofu,
what an awesome idea! Count me in!
I think we should be moving about a week before orientation on Aug 20. Thanks for the tip about the apartments in Sandy, I'll check that complex out!
Let's stay in touch and plan that get-together!

Hi fellow classmates! I look forward to meeting you all.

As far as someone's question about the white coat ceremony, according to the admissions letter we will receive info about the mandatory orientation Aug. 20th and white coat ceremony. I took this to mean it will be scheduled around the same time.

See you all in August!

Hello Miss TOFU,
This sounds wonderful to hear from a P2--congrats on your first year down. How was your P1 year? Any advice to us youngsters?
Thanks for the help and hand of love.

Do you think the White coat ceremony is going to be on that Friday August 22nd to end a orientation with a bang?

Has anyone received a housing list of roomates from USN? I was told around mid-may I should be getting an email about student housing.

I haven't gotten anything from USN regarding housing. Also, for those who've filled out their financial aid/loan packets etc. I got the financial award letter. Prescreened my credit which is fine (for grad plus). I filled out the stafford and grad plus loan applications, filled out the promissory notes and sent them back to the perspective banks, notified USN who I am going to go with , and now, I haven't heard anything from USN or the banks, which worries me. Is there suppose to be anything else I have to do or receive? Anybody?

Congratulations on getting accpted to USN. I think our students are the cream of the crop and have been getting better every year. I look forward to seeing you all, although probably not until your second year. I teach in South Jordan and Utah. Good luck with financial aid and happy housing hunting! -- A USN faculty member.:oops:

Hi everyone,

Just some quick questions about financial aid for those who have filled out their application. I was just accepted and have filled out all the required info. for financial aid but have not received anything else from USN.

How do we fill out the loans? Are we supposed to wait until USN sent us additional information regarding this? I went to the website but didn't see any loans application up there to fill out. I just want to get this out of the way so I don't won't have to worry about it. If anyone know, please let me and other fellow students know. Thanks in advance!:)

im in the same shoes as you autumncloud.

Hi everyone,

Just some quick questions about financial aid for those who have filled out their application. I was just accepted and have filled out all the required info. for financial aid but have not received anything else from USN.

How do we fill out the loans? Are we supposed to wait until USN sent us additional information regarding this? I went to the website but didn't see any loans application up there to fill out. I just want to get this out of the way so I don't won't have to worry about it. If anyone know, please let me and other fellow students know. Thanks in advance!:)

I stopped by financial aid a couple weeks ago and I filled out two forms for my loans. Then I forgot, the name of the lady who was helping me but she printed out my award letter. Then I applied online for my loans. I picked wells fargo as my lender but there are alot of other lenders you can go with. I would call financial aid office to see if they can e-mail you an award letter. I hope this helps

I haven't gotten anything from USN regarding housing. Also, for those who've filled out their financial aid/loan packets etc. I got the financial award letter. Prescreened my credit which is fine (for grad plus). I filled out the stafford and grad plus loan applications, filled out the promissory notes and sent them back to the perspective banks, notified USN who I am going to go with , and now, I haven't heard anything from USN or the banks, which worries me. Is there suppose to be anything else I have to do or receive? Anybody?

I received an email from Laurie Briggs today about housing. It is a form we can fill out to be a part of a housing database. As far as the loans go, I called USN financial aid and spoke with Elizabeth. She told me that I sent everything in that was necessary, although I am a little worried about the loan process. The lender I choose was US bank and their online status for my loan is pending approval from USN. This has been pending since late Feb/early March. I am going to give it another week before I call financial aid up again. It would be a real bummer if there is a last minute quirk that disrupts my loan.

Did you send your promissory notes to USN as well?