USN class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hang in there guys. I got accepted to USN Nevada Campus but most likely to decline my offer since I got accepted somewhere else. So there will be one more seat for those who are waiting.

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hang in there guys. I got accepted to USN Nevada Campus but most likely to decline my offer since I got accepted somewhere else. So there will be one more seat for those who are waiting.

Thanks, may I ask where you go ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, I am from Houston. What's up? :oops:

Ah, a fellow Texan. Well, i'm from San Antonio and have worked with interns from UIW in the pharmacy on several occasions, and not too many of them seem happy about it. From what they say, it's overly expensive and the program is very unorganized and new. But, if you're going to UIW to live in San Antonio for some other reason, good call. San Antonio is a great city, I love it.

Just got an email from Dr. DeYound. I am waitlisted in the 100+ so I think I am leaving the West for pharmacy school. I'm just glad I've been accepted at 2 other schools.
Where'd you get into? I think I saw a few of your posts on UNM's thread.

Rejected 4/27. Looks like I'll have to do it all over again =(

Ah, a fellow Texan. Well, i'm from San Antonio and have worked with interns from UIW in the pharmacy on several occasions, and not too many of them seem happy about it. From what they say, it's overly expensive and the program is very unorganized and new. But, if you're going to UIW to live in San Antonio for some other reason, good call. San Antonio is a great city, I love it.

Hi fellow :)

Yeah, UIW is expensive but not that much compared to USN. I don't know who you worked with but I talked to a lot of students there and they all say good things about the school. They just got accredited so YAY!!!! I chose UIW because it is kinda close to home, and I can drive back home every 2 weeks or so. I love the city too. Since you are from there, do you know any good, security places to live with an affordable price? Thanks in advance! Good luck at USN!

Hi fellow :)

Yeah, UIW is expensive but not that much compared to USN. I don't know who you worked with but I talked to a lot of students there and they all say good things about the school. They just got accredited so YAY!!!! I chose UIW because it is kinda close to home, and I can drive back home every 2 weeks or so. I love the city too. Since you are from there, do you know any good, security places to live with an affordable price? Thanks in advance! Good luck at USN!

Yeah, USN's price is a hard bullet to bite, but I figured that it's worth the three year program. Getting out in the workforce and making a salary a year ahead of time makes it less expensive in the longrun. Good call on UIW, it's about a three hour drive from Houston. There are a lot of apartments around there, and it is a very safe area. If you find a complex a little north of that area along 281, it will be just as safe and probably a little cheaper. Anything around the Quarry is really snazzy, but will be pricey as well.

Me too probably... Just retake classes you got C's and B's in and retake PCAT for a better score.

Yes, me too! I am already retaking some courses. Hope it helps my ranking on wait list, otherwise.... C U next year!! :(

Yes, me too! I am already retaking some courses. Hope it helps my ranking on wait list, otherwise.... C U next year!! :(

Hi forummates,

How are you guys?
I feel like less updated recently on here.

Any news to share

Best

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got accepted, but here is some food for thought, a PM from a fellow classmate who didn't make it though her p1 year. By the way, head count in the p2 class as of today is 109/145 (with another 2 more students about to be kicked out and at least 30% the class with 2 or more summer remediations), and you wonder what USN faculty did to be proactive about the dropout rate??? NOTHING. Here are some other stats:

Nutrition block (which was today): 50% fail/remediationn
Pulmonary Block (last month): 60% fail/remediation
HIV block (combined): 50% fail/remediation
Cardio block (combined): 40% fail/remediation

Here is some interesting news, my class found out today that HIV block and Nutrition block was taught by a NON-PAID/non-faculty member (Dr. FULLER), who happens to have taught 2 of the hardest blocks and with the highest fail rates.... Now you are going to pay 40,000+ per year, and you are being taught by a non-faculty member........ Real way to get your moneys worth. FYI, I'm a p2 student who is warning you guys to reconsider. IF you don't believe me, go talk to a P2 or any of the P1's for that matter (its funny that for those that interviewed, you didn't see any p2's around did ya??).

You are wondering why I'm telling you this? It's quite simple, nobody should go through what USN calls a "curriculum", its really no better than those internet schools, and I don't want you guys to make the same mistakes that the P2/P1's have made by turning down other schools to attend USN. Now, if you got nothing to lose, by all means attend USN, but don't say nobody warned you.

Here is a letter that shows what it like if you don't make it. By the way, if you choose USN, you CANNOT TRANSFER OUT, you have two choices, kicked out or defer, and you lose the tuition you've already paid for.

Hi,

Im sure you get some hate email from people at USN but I want to thank you for your postings. I left the USN program during my P2 year, (last fall) and felt that your information has hit the nail on the head as far as the USN experience. I left school feeling misinformed and almost violated. I too, had offers from other programs that would have been an overall better learning experience...life experience, and less stressfull.

Since I left the USN program last fall, I reapplied to schools, thinking it would be better to start over than to go through that experience again. However, schools that previously accepted me have been quick to dismiss my application because 'I had my chance'...really sucks.

I'm now faced with the choice of going back or giving up on Pharmacy all together. Why Im considering going back is that I have the P2 material so I can study ahead. Im still trying to decide if I will come back... but I might not have another option. The decision is making me sick to my stomach. :(

Best of luck with the rest of the year,

XXXXXX

PS.

Im very sorry that you got stuck in this situation. I know how upset I was for the few months I was in the program.....and would hate to be in the same situation without having studied ahead. Have you considered making a complaint to the state board?

Chereeoooooos!!!!!

Congrats to those who got accepted, but here is some food for thought, a PM from a fellow classmate who didn't make it though her p1 year. By the way, head count in the p2 class as of today is 109/145 (with another 2 more students about to be kicked out and at least 30% the class with 2 or more summer remediations), and you wonder what USN faculty did to be proactive about the dropout rate??? NOTHING. Here are some other stats:

Here is some interesting news, my class found out today that HIV block and Nutrition block was taught by a NON-PAID/non-faculty member (Dr. FULLER), who happens to have taught 2 of the hardest blocks and with the highest fail rates.... Now you are going to pay 40,000+ per year, and you are being taught by a non-faculty member........ Real way to get your moneys worth. FYI, I'm a p2 student who is warning you guys to reconsider. IF you don't believe me, go talk to a P2 or any of the P1's for that matter (its funny that for those that interviewed, you didn't see any p2's around did ya??).

You are wondering why I'm telling you this? It's quite simple, nobody should go through what USN calls a "curriculum", its really no better than those internet schools, and I don't want you guys to make the same mistakes that the P2/P1's have made by turning down other schools to attend USN. Now, if you got nothing to lose, by all means attend USN, but don't say nobody warned you.

Here is a letter that shows what it like if you don't make it. By the way, if you choose USN, you CANNOT TRANSFER OUT, you have two choices, kicked out or defer, and you lose the tuition you've already paid for.

Hi,

Im sure you get some hate email from people at USN but I want to thank you for your postings. I left the USN program during my P2 year, (last fall) and felt that your information has hit the nail on the head as far as the USN experience. I left school feeling misinformed and almost violated. I too, had offers from other programs that would have been an overall better learning experience...life experience, and less stressfull.

Since I left the USN program last fall, I reapplied to schools, thinking it would be better to start over than to go through that experience again. However, schools that previously accepted me have been quick to dismiss my application because 'I had my chance'...really sucks.

I'm now faced with the choice of going back or giving up on Pharmacy all together. Why Im considering going back is that I have the P2 material so I can study ahead. Im still trying to decide if I will come back... but I might not have another option. The decision is making me sick to my stomach. :(

XXXXXX

PS.

Im very sorry that you got stuck in this situation. I know how upset I was for the few months I was in the program.....and would hate to be in the same situation without having studied ahead. Have you considered making a complaint to the state board?

Chereeoooooos!!!!!

I thought the reason we don't see any P2 on interview days is because you guys have your IPPE's (or whatever they're called) on Tuesday and P1 have them Fridays...So anyway, if you don't like USN sooo much why are you still in that school?...Why did you choose that schools? Couldn't get in anywhere else?

Yeah, I don't think it is a conspiracy to keep the interviewees away from the P2s. Last year two P2s interviewed me but that was on a Saturday. They don't want to do Saturday interviews anymore and I can see why. People would rather enjoy their Saturdays than spend the morning doing interviews.

The reason why there are no P2s around is because they are out on their IPPEs. I don't know the exact reason why they scheduled it that way but I imagine it is because they need a classroom on interview day so they have them on a IPPE day. The choice is Friday or Tuesday. If I were going to volunteer to do interviews, I'd rather be there on a Tuesday than a Friday.

Hi,

XXXXXX

PS.

Chereeoooooos!!!!!

Hi folx,

I have few friends who are in USN now, and others graduated from this school to work somewhere. They all told me that students must study hard to pass the classes. However,non of them complaint about the quality of program.
Even, some of them came from foreign countries with the majors other than what relates to pharmacy. They try the best and they became pharmacists to work in the US.
The program may vary a litttle bit in different schools,but i doesnt mean that USN tries to put students down somehow.
We should look at the annual academic reports to see what happens.

Just some thoughts ...

Hi,

XXXXXX

PS.

Chereeoooooos!!!!!
I wonder what common factors led up to so many students not finishing. I'm sure It's somewhat unique per individual but i'm sure there's some similarities among each case. I heard P1 is the easiest, yet still so many flunk out very early? Could it be that the school is not selecting the "right" students? perhaps students who are too immature, or have poor english skills that prevent them from grasping the material.

I wonder if it's also that the tests don't reflect what was taught in lecture?.. are test question complete curve balls...or does it just come down to lack of study...or were the students not adequately prepared from the start of the program like their pre-req education was not enough to handle the complexity and demand of pharmacy school...

Does USN faculty have an open-door policy? I know some students from other schools that really brag that their faculty make themselves available to help students. Yet for USN, the vibe I'm getting is that faculty don't really care. Personally, if i was teaching and 50% of my class was failing, then i didn't effectively teach the material in a way that made it relevant and understandable for my students to later apply that knowledge on an exam and that would mean no tenure for me.

I wonder what common factors led up to so many students not finishing. I'm sure It's somewhat unique per individual but i'm sure there's some similarities among each case. I heard P1 is the easiest, yet still so many flunk out very early? Could it be that the school is not selecting the "right" students? perhaps students who are too immature, or have poor english skills that prevent them from grasping the material.

I wonder if it's also that the tests don't reflect what was taught in lecture?.. are test question complete curve balls...or does it just come down to lack of study...or were the students not adequately prepared from the start of the program like their pre-req education was not enough to handle the complexity and demand of pharmacy school...

Does USN faculty have an open-door policy? I know some students from other schools that really brag that their faculty make themselves available to help students. Yet for USN, the vibe I'm getting is that faculty don't really care. Personally, if i was teaching and 50% of my class was failing, then i didn't effectively teach the material in a way that made it relevant and understandable for my students to later apply that knowledge on an exam and that would mean no tenure for me.

Technically USN has an open door policy, but the teachers offices are behind a locked door that you must be buzzed through. The current students i talked with at the Utah campus hated it.

during my interview day i talked with a bunch of P2's, my interview was on a thursday. They said it was hard and that you had to study but was definately do-able. They also said that they have only lost about 5-10 out of there class. This was at the utah campus.

during my interview day i talked with a bunch of P2's, my interview was on a thursday. They said it was hard and that you had to study but was definately do-able. They also said that they have only lost about 5-10 out of there class. This was at the utah campus.

I just wonder if that "do-able" comes from the type of students who is always known for ruining the curve...Like in classes where 1 person will get 100% while the rest of the class get Bs and Cs, y'know the outlier.

I can only speak to the P1 year and I have no idea why so many are dropping out. I think the exams are pretty straight forward and if the question is confusing or out of left field, it usually gets thrown out. Sometimes they accept answers that there is no way that I would ever accept if I were the prof.

There is a lot of material on some exams and that could be the reason why. Maybe some people just didn't have enough time to learn all the material. I pick up things relatively quickly but I know that other people need a lot more time to get things to stick. There were some exams where I knew that I wasn't going to learn everything so I focused on what I thought was the most likely material to come up. Perhaps some people just aren't good at filtering out what is unlikely to be important and end up not preparing well for everything.

One thing I don't like about USN is that there really does seem to be an effort to separate the faculty from the students. If you want to talk to them, you have to go to a phone and call to get permission to go see them. If students fail to do that, we get reminder emails telling us about the policies. They don't want students wandering around their offices I guess. I suppose that is understandable from their standpoint in that it makes it harder for them to get their work done if noisy students are bugging them all the time but I think it sets the wrong tone for a place that should be about education first and foremost. It makes it seem like students are a nuisance. If any USN powers that be are reading this, is that really the message you want to convey?

That said, some faculty members go above and beyond to be accessible. Some stay after class and wander around the breakout rooms asking us if we have any questions. We just had one prof who gave us his cell number and told us to call him (at a reasonable hour) if we have any questions. I think most profs are fairly accessible but the school has this annoying little roadblock before you get access.

Why did this subject come up again shortly after the waiting list? Just something to consider.

Me too probably... Just retake classes you got C's and B's in and retake PCAT for a better score.

Let's go make our pity party together fellow Arizonan!!! I'm in the East Valley. You?!

Stinks about retaking classes and do it ALL OVER again, huh?!

I just wonder if that "do-able" comes from the type of students who is always known for ruining the curve...Like in classes where 1 person will get 100% while the rest of the class get Bs and Cs, y'know the outlier.

could be but this is pharmacy school it suppose to be a bit challenging. I guess ill just have to find out for myself over the next three years.

Hello,

My advice: choose Utah campus if you got accepted and had a chance to choose which campus you want to attend. I am attending Henderson campus, but I heard many good things about Utah campus.

To answer the question as to why I'm at USN:
1. I'm almost done.
2. I can't transfer, USN's curriculum is NONtransferable
3. they own me financially.

Why did I choose USN:
1. I'm not young, I'm late 30's.
2. 3 year school. I want to go in, and get out.
3. the BS they told about how wonderful USN is, and how their block system is catered to the student's needs.

P1 year is not the same as the P2 year, and the teaching between campuses differ. There is no grading curve, you need a 90 to pass an exam. The p1 year is a cake walk (its all review), the p2 year isn't a cake walk (nothing is review), but you would expect good teaching, but you won't get it in henderson. Not all professors are douche bags, some of them are pretty good, but you don't see them very often.

You CANNOT compare the classes with each other. Sure recent grads have better experiences, but then again, they also had different professors. The professors are on 3 year contracts, and trust me, they RARELY STAY on after 3 years. We had a bunch of new professors this year who've never taught, and a bunch of great ones that left this last summer. So new faculty and old faculty picked up the open blocks at the last minute. We also had professors teach blocks that they didn't know crap about. You see the problem as to why, each class is different.

You guys can say what you want about me or my class, being underprepared or whatever. I'm here to tell you that everyone that gets interviewed/accepted is good enough for USN. My class had the highest GPA of any class being accepted (3.8 average), average age is 27 w/ BS degrees, and beat out 1600+ students who applied, and yet my class also lost 36 students (and with more who aren't going to make it this past monday). Those students are no different than you or me. I'm here to tell you it isn't my class.

Case in point: for our nutrition exam, Fuller gives us 7 packets (600 slides and 100 slides from another professor) to study, and NONE of those packets told us how to calculate TPN, EN, Caloric intake, etc. At the end of the class, he gave us 1 example, and in review, he couldn't even solve it. By the way, the TPN packet was given to us 2 days before the exam, and he refused to give more practice problems. So all of the students had to go back 3 years of notes (from other classes) and study on our own. So guess what showed up on the exam, not only was there 10 calculations, they were compounding TPN problems (if you miss one you miss them all). You could only miss 8/50 to pass, so half the class failed, and here is the reason why my class failed. For those calculations, we weren't told to use ideal body weight. When we fought his questions and ask'd him where in his notes did it say to use IBW (his notes actually had no calculations, as stated earlier), you know what his answer was " you are all p2 students, you should have known to use IBW". So now you are all wondering, why didn't we complain? All the deans were there last friday, because we complained to the deans prior to the exam, and they choose to do nothing...they said, we can't do anything about it b/c Fuller isn't faculty. At Utah, everyone passed. At henderson, 50%+ didn't...same exam, different professor. You do the math.

Btw, Fuller isn't the only bad egg. Barclay is horrendous, he teaches 4 of the p2 blocks, you want to know what he did for one test? He gave us 900+ slides, and then proceeded to focus on 2 things, irrelevent statitistics such as (What percentage of Cushings disease is caused by an abnormal adrenal gland), and 3 patient cases with 30 questions on those 3 cases, so guess what you miss one of those 30 questions, you failed. In another instance, he took questions from say Renal block and put it on a cardio test (thats 4 months ago), and didn't tell us. Another professor decided to introduce NEW MATERIAL 5 minutes before the test, because she forgot to cover it in lecture....and guess what it was a Calculations question...so you had 5 minutes to remember a multistep calculation (thank you Dr. Jeffrey for your last minute revelations).

P2's are at IPPE on Tuesdays in Henderson. You need to come talk/find a p2 from Nevada if you want to know what the p2 year was like. Like I said earlier, I don't care about what p1's have to say (their honeymoon period ain't over). When you pay 120K tuition, you'd be a sucker to diss USN, you will be USN's first and best nutthugger (unless you are as pissed off as I am).

The open door policy does not apply to exams or exam grading. If you have a problem, you can only appeal or talk to Metzger, and you think Metzger is going to listen? See above example, our whole class complained, and all he did was watch us fail.

Btw, here is a taste of what appeals is like. Say you miss a problem that is poorly written, you have the chance to appeal, but YOU must prove your question has merit and the faculty does not. So you do a 7 page research paper/appeal, you know what happens to your appeal? You get this computer generated email, and notice carefully what it says.

Hi XXXXX,
I have carefully considered your appeals on questions # 10 and 11 from ReAssessment 2.x. From this consideration, I have determined that because there are no additional factual determinations to be made, nor any issues of interpretation to be decided, additional evaluation of your appeal by the Assessment Appeals Committee is not warranted. After thorough review, your appeals are denied. This decision is final and cannot be overturned by College administration or individual faculty.
Sincerely,
Erik C. Jorvig, Ph.D.
[email protected]
Fyi: there is no appeals committee, Jorvig is a one man show, and he isn't even a pharmacist btw (so you think he has any idea what your subject is on, probably not). Secondly, he will not tell you the basis of your denial. He won't tell you if he even read it (we heard he doesn't if he gets too many, he just trashes it). Thirdly, faculty can't help you. So basically, if you have to appeal you have a 99% it will not be read.

Seriously, its not about me. I'm done. After one more test, I'm on rotations in sunny/damp/cold Nor. Cal, I'm posting this because a few of my friends dropped out, a few of my friends have been hospitalized due to the stress, a few of my friends have divorced, a few of my friends are suing this school to get their money back, and the rest of the p2 class. One thing great about USN, your classmates are going to become your family. I'm doing this for MY class, even if you guys don't care what I'm saying.
If you guys have any questions, pm me, but keep in mind, I rarely check my email and I rarely come on SDN. (i.e. I only come on every 4 months or so).

P.S. there are great pharmacists/faculty at USN, but there isn't enough of them to justify the crap you have to put up with to graduate. I also can't believe that you guys can still defend USN when one of their professors (Dr. Fuller) ISN'T a paid employee (and there probably are more). You are paying for this education (you are risking 120,000+), so you heve everything to risk when you take an exam written by a professor who has nothing to lose (he can't get fired). FYI, FUller states that he is teaching to make sure that Pharmacists that graduate are up to his HIGH standards, thats why he teaches for FREE. HE WILL FAIL THE CLASS FOR ****S N GIGGLES. If you don't believe me, call the school. Ask them what the passing rate was for the Infectious disease block (part 3), ask them what was the passing rate for the FIRST assessment of pulmonay was? Ask them about NUTRITION. Go ahead, and verify the P2 headcount (if you do, ask for final numbers, otherwise they will lie and tell you a BS percentage)? Ask them how many have 2 summers, or on probation with 3?

cheerioooooos

Last edited:
btw, I'm trying to figure out how to post audio recordings online....to give you a taste of what the professors say/how they treat us during exams/lecture/evaluations, etc.

So, I may be back.

btw, I'm trying to figure out how to post audio recordings online....to give you a taste of what the professors say/how they treat us during exams/lecture/evaluations, etc.

So, I may be back.

Having read your post along with all of what I've been reading about the quality of instruction at Henderson campus, I'm seriously considering requesting to go to Utah, if they'll let me.

utah has some better quality professors that teach almost exclusively there (kind of), but both campuses share the same crappy professors.

Btw, my blog is back up. I took it down because when I first made it, my class was getting so much heat........... teachers accusing students, students accusing students, cats chasing dogs, the whole 9 yards....

But since the professors are so hostile to my class, and the fact they won't take any initiative to make changes....SCREW THEM...... its staying up.

mrblah said:
IF you don't believe me, go talk to a P2 or any of the P1's for that matter

diastole the P1, answers

mrblah said:
You need to come talk/find a p2 from Nevada if you want to know what the p2 year was like. Like I said earlier, I don't care about what p1's have to say (their honeymoon period ain't over).

So first you say that they should talk to any of the P1s and then suddenly the opinions of the P1s don't count any longer. That's just mean. :smuggrin:

diastole the P1, answers

So first you say that they should talk to any of the P1s and then suddenly the opinions of the P1s don't count any longer. That's just mean. :smuggrin:

With all due respect, Diastole, I think in this case we do need some P2 people to give us their input. With the stories I've been reading on here, I can tell you that I'm scared to death I won't make it through P2. I'm not a lazy person and don't mind working hard, but this person really made it seem as though the instructors are out to get you and intentionally do what they can to fail you. I don't need that and can only hope that either it's not true, or it's not too late for me to go to UTAH instead. Anyhow, as impressionable as I guess I am, I've still contacted a few former USN Nevada students requesting to speak with them. After all, you can't know for certain whether this is the truth or a scheme to deter people away. I need to really get a hold of some NEUTRAL students, P2 and after. Preferably grads.

With all due respect, Diastole, I think in this case we do need some P2 people to give us their input. With the stories I've been reading on here, I can tell you that I'm scared to death I won't make it through P2. I'm not a lazy person and don't mind working hard, but this person really made it seem as though the instructors are out to get you and intentionally do what they can to fail you. I don't need that and can only hope that either it's not true, or it's not too late for me to go to UTAH instead. Anyhow, as impressionable as I guess I am, I've still contacted a few former USN Nevada students requesting to speak with them. After all, you can't know for certain whether this is the truth or a scheme to deter people away. I need to really get a hold of some NEUTRAL students, P2 and after. Preferably grads.

I was just joking around. You should get as much input as you can. But Mrblah said not to listen to recent grads and not to listen to P1s. That makes a pretty limited pool of people that he thinks you should listen to. And if a P2 (or anyone else for that matter) should come by and not agree with him, he has preemptively called them a nuthugger. That doesn't sound terribly objective. I wouldn't get too scared about what he says to the point that you are actually changing campuses without getting a few more opinions.

It will be interesting to watch you n00bs go through USN so we *finally* know whether what everyone says is true or not...

I was just joking around. You should get as much input as you can. But Mrblah said not to listen to recent grads and not to listen to P1s. That makes a pretty limited pool of people that he thinks you should listen to. And if a P2 (or anyone else for that matter) should come by and not agree with him, he has preemptively called them a nuthugger. That doesn't sound terribly objective. I wouldn't get too scared about what he says to the point that you are actually changing campuses without getting a few more opinions.

I've contacted several people and hope to hear from them before it's too late.

I have Dr. Barclay on Tuesday. He does not look like your typical professor. Unfortunately, I get fixated on some distracting details about my profs and I can't concentrate. I think I'll be obsessing about how much time he spends on his hair or something. I suppose that is better than stressing about potential exam questions but still...

barclay-sean_thumb.jpg

I have Dr. Barclay on Tuesday. He does not look like your typical professor. Unfortunately, I get fixated on some distracting details about my profs and I can't concentrate. I think I'll be obsessing about how much time he spends on his hair or something. I suppose that is better than stressing about potential exam questions but still...

barclay-sean_thumb.jpg

He looks like a n00b

barclay-sean_thumb.jpg
you're funny, Diastole

Hi guys,
I got a call from Dr. DeYoung on Friday and accepted to Henderson campus. I'm half excited and half worry now. I've heard a lot about exam last Friday (nutritional block) from quite a few of P2 students. There is a P2 that I know who had never fail, but need to remediate this Monday. They all said what Mr. Bla's said about the exam. I just hope that by the year I got to P2, there will be more quality professors.

Ok Lea. This is where I'm gonna finally have to ask you what a "noob" is.

If you've played MMORPG you would know :p

Hi guys,
I got a call from Dr. DeYoung on Friday and accepted to Henderson campus. I'm half excited and half worry now. I've heard a lot about exam last Friday (nutritional block) from quite a few of P2 students. There is a P2 that I know who had never fail, but need to remediate this Monday. They all said what Mr. Bla's said about the exam. I just hope that by the year I got to P2, there will be more quality professors.

Congrats!!!!

LOL I barely learned what a n00b is when I joined this forum. A n00b = newbie

I was referring to the new students heading into USN and then that the professor looks really young... :)

Noob: netslang for a newbie - usually but not always used as a derogatory term. There are some subtleties to its usage... Used a lot in online gaming.

I was referring to the new students heading into USN and then that the professor looks really young... :)

You have no idea. I think I had this prof for a day or maybe two. I spent the whole day thinking, "OMG, I could be his mom." Nothing makes you feel old like thinking you could be a professor's parent. I think he is older than he looks though so I can't actually be his mom but it was still VERY distracting.

kullgren_justin_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,
ya that's exactly what i was hoping. and congrats by the way.

ya he does look young