USMLE Step 3 score after 1/16/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoatedAcrobat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here who took the exam after 1/16/17 get anything back? The announcement says the score delay is only for some examinees, but that the goal is to have scores back by Wednesday, May 10th 2017. Has anyone gotten their score back at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Passed with a 236, the multiple choice questions saved me because I tanked the CCS. I blew it off and didn't do a single practice case or even familiarize myself with the software. I'm glad there isn't a "you must do this well on CCS to pass" cutoff.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received my score yet and I was supposed to have received it today to. Is this a bad sign?

Passed with a 236, the multiple choice questions saved me because I tanked the CCS. I blew it off and didn't do a single practice case or even familiarize myself with the software. I'm glad there isn't a "you must do this well on CCS to pass" cutoff.

Passed with a 230 after failing it by one point 2 years ago. I had the opposite happen, I was borderline on the advanced clinical medicine multiple choice questions but crushed the CCS part (all the way to the right with an asterisk).

My advance for anyone wanting to do well on CCS. Do the uWorld cases and read "Crush the CCS" twice each. Probably 3/4 of cases were straight out of those two sources and the last 1/4 were not particularly difficult once you knew the algorithm of orders to put in (after doing those two sources).

Did anyone take the exam April 22/23 and get their results yet? Seems like the "late April" quote may have cutoff
then.

I was April 24/25. Nothing yet. But one of the announcements said 5/10, so here's to hoping for today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was April 13/24. My FSMB application status still says "approved" but my permit has disappeared on the NBME site. We should be getting the score on the 10th. Has your FSMB status changed?

Status still shows "approved" with permit gone. I wonder if they caught onto the "trick". Has anyone else had their status changed to expired?

Status changed this morning to expired, no link... good luck to everyone getting scores tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any people also take theirs in the first week of May? I don't expect much of anything until May 24 or 31 but was just curious. Mine of course still says "approved" on FSMB.

Anyone else expecting a score tomorrow?
My permit expired Monday... my fsmb now shows status as expired (no link to reapply) as of this morning.
Hope this means I passed... feeling nervous.

I'm expecting my score tomorrow too. My permit also expired Monday, my fsmb status expired today with no link to reapply.
I'm pretty sure I've read every single forum on if "the trick" works.

Did you find any that suggests it doesn't work? Seems like most threads, if not all, validate "the trick". I'm keeping my fingers crossed

I didn't find any that suggest it doesn't work, but with that being said the most recent post I found indicating it works (by people having a reapply link and posted that they failed) was January 2016.

I too am expecting mine tomorrow; expired on FSMB with no link to reapply.

And blondieemd, could you post the link to the thread you reference? Thanks!

Trick worked for me! Scores back, and passed! UWSA was 19 points lower than my actual score. Goodbye forever USMLE!!!

Trick seems to work! I was sure I failed, but passed with a 204. Thank God this is over! Good riddance to the usmle!

Passed! My score was 21 points higher than my UWSA 3 days before my exam so that does seem to underpredict. However, it pretty much exactly correlated to my NBME 4 self assessment score 2 days before my 1st exam day.

All my NBMEs in my prior steps correlated to my score almost to a tee so that does seem to be the best predictor.

I used:
uworld x1 (and made flashcards which i got thru once)
uworld ccs x 1 (only interactive) plus read thru 30 interactive cases again - did this all like 3 days before my second day
uwsa
nbme 4
usmle sample items and 6 practice cases

-did not use mtb or other resources like kaplan q bank

studied 2 weeks leisurely and 1.5 weeks intently in my intern year

Can someone please explain what "the trick" is?
From stewartln4's earlier post:
"1. Log into step 3 candidate website:
https://apps.nbme.org/fsmbexamstatus/prod/jsp/login.jsp
If your scheduling permit is still there, you won't get results this week. You have to wait until it disappears

2. If permit is gone, log into fsmb website: Federation of State Medical Boards
Then click home at the top. Should bring you to a page that has a heading saying licensure. Click USMLE under that heading. You should then see links to "register, obtain, apply, etc". Click the picture that says USMLE. Should come to a page asking for a username and password. Type in whatever you used to register. It says application status. This is where you either see expired or approved. Expired and no link is supposed to mean pass. If it says approved, this doesn't mean anything. You have to wait until it says expired to not see or see a link to reapply "

Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone is anticipating step 3 results next week? I took my exam last week of May. Hoping to get my score next week.

Is the status from 'approved' to 'expired' supposed to change Monday Or Tuesday of the week the scores released?

Trick worked for me. I passed!! Scores are indeed posted at midnight eastern time. Forever goodbye USMLE. You were a soul wrecking, mind twisting, angst provoking #%#€*£¥#%! It's over!!! Done!!

Reactions: 1 users
Put me in the "passed this nonsense and don't ever have to worry about it again" boat.

"Studied" for this test late in the year during the busiest rotation. Had to drive two hours (twice) to take the damn thing, one of which was after a night shift. I'm not patting myself on the back nor boasting.....just saying it sucked pretty bad for me and the beer I had after my shift this past Wednesday, after getting my scores, was one of the best-tasting beers ever.

Reactions: 1 user
Put me in the "passed this nonsense and don't ever have to worry about it again" boat.

"Studied" for this test late in the year during the busiest rotation. Had to drive two hours (twice) to take the damn thing, one of which was after a night shift. I'm not patting myself on the back nor boasting.....just saying it sucked pretty bad for me and the beer I had after my shift this past Wednesday, after getting my scores, was one of the best-tasting beers ever.
haha, thanks!

Hey Congratulations, especially since you had a tough road leading to it. How did you study for it? what helped you the most with biostats and CCS?

Hey Congratulations, especially since you had a tough road leading to it. How did you study for it? what helped you the most with biostats and CCS?
I ran through less than half of the questions in the qbank (averaging something like 50%) and only did 2 or 3 ccs cases, keeping in mind that the important thing was knowing how to go through them.

Biggest help, frankly, was just getting through most of intern year. If I can pass the damn thing, I really think just about anyone can (without a ton of effort)

Reactions: 1 user