USMLE Step 3 score after 1/16/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoatedAcrobat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here who took the exam after 1/16/17 get anything back? The announcement says the score delay is only for some examinees, but that the goal is to have scores back by Wednesday, May 10th 2017. Has anyone gotten their score back at all?

Members don't see this ad.

And this delay is definitely adding on to my anxiety. I just want the score already so I can apply to vacant residency positions and have a job again.

Members don't see this ad :)
This morning I checked my FSMB and it changed from active status to expired as below:

Expired
  • Name:
    --------
  • Submit Date:
    Wednesday, February 01, 2017
  • Eligibility Start Date:
  • Eligibility Expiration Date:
    Sunday, April 30, 2017
Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience.

No link to reapply. And permit no longer accessible on candidate website. According to lots of other forums maybe I passed if no link? I hope so, that would also mean maybe the score is coming a week early - so maybe May 3? Also, the status changed one day before my eligibility was actually over.

This morning I checked my FSMB and it changed from active status to expired as below:

Expired
  • Name:
    --------
  • Submit Date:
    Sunday, April 30, 2017
Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience.

No link to reapply. And permit no longer accessible on candidate website. According to lots of other forums maybe I passed if no link? I hope so, that would also mean maybe the score is coming a week early - so maybe May 3? Also, the status changed one day before my eligibility was actually over.

Just checked, and I've got the same thing. Fingers crossed, buddy!

Mine says the same thing (no link to reapply). I've seen other boards with rumors that this is a "trick" to see if you passed, but have you seen anyone posting who had a link to reapply and found out they failed? (just nervous and would be great if the "trick" were true!)

Expired
  • Name:
    --------
  • Submit Date:
    Sunday, April 30, 2017

I got the same thing and don't have a link to reapply! The trick was working in December so hopefully nothing has changed lol

Mine says the same thing (no link to reapply). I've seen other boards with rumors that this is a "trick" to see if you passed, but have you seen anyone posting who had a link to reapply and found out they failed? (just nervous and would be great if the "trick" were true!)

Yea I've read on these forums of people who have had the link and did not pass.

Yea I've read on these forums of people who have had the link and did not pass.

All I found was one person who failed it, re-took it and passed but got mixed up about seeing the link or something. Either way, I hope it's real. I'm done with this anxiety.

All I found was one person who failed it, re-took it and passed but got mixed up about seeing the link or something. Either way, I hope it's real. I'm done with this anxiety.

This is the only person I've after scouring a few past years posts of someone who claimed they didn't have a link but still failed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 1.19.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 1.19.34 PM.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 372
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok cool , yeah I guess some people just have to wait . Man just want to be done with this and never think about usmle again.

Hi Guys, I enter today FSMB website and it change to expired. No link to reapply and permit not longer available. Let's hope for the best!

This is the only person I've after scouring a few past years posts of someone who claimed they didn't have a link but still failed.

Yes I also found this posting. I have been searching the USMLE Forum boards as well, there were some people in early 2016 that did have a link and failed (at least 2 people). If anyone for the current cycle (since Jan 2017) received the expired message and also a link let us know. (Possibly no one gets a link now)

Yup mine expired and no link. Does this mean results this week ?

Yea I think so. There was a 2015 thread on USMLE forum and said 12 am Wednesday morning people were getting scores if the permit was gone on the nbme site and you status was expired on the fsmb site

My status says expired. No link to reapply. No permit on the candidate website. I REALLY hope this means I passed. Ready to be over with the USMLE.:sour:

USMLE website updated! Step 3 results will now be available 5/3/17 instead of 5/10/17.

I do not see a link for the permit...where are you checking for status showing expired?? i do not see expired. :\

glad it'll be 5/3 now. So on a forum at usmle-forum.com there is a girl claiming she knows someone who took it late March this year and she has the link to reapply ---- so anyway.

Available Services
bullet.PNG
Check Exam Status
Track the progress of your registration, starting with the date we receive your application and ending with your score report date.
bullet.PNG
Register for Practice Exam
Applicants with an active permit for Step 3 can register for a test session at a test center.
bullet.PNG
View Personal Info
Check the information we have in our records for you, e.g. your name, address. If the information is not current, links to forms or emails are provided for making the changes.
bullet.PNG
Print Name Change Form
Change your name in FSMB records.
bullet.PNG
Change Contact Info
Change your address, phone number and email address.
bullet.PNG
Change Password
Change your password for accessing this system.

That is what I see on my FSMB candidate site...

When I log into fsmb it says my status is complete. I am not seeing a link to reapply but am I looking in the wrong spot? Nothing says expired either....Fsmb.org right? Sorry I'm just so confused....I click check exam status and it says complete but gives me no other info..... I just want to make sure I'm going to the right website.... if someone could help me I would be so grateful.... thanks

I am seeing what exudate is seeing. I click on check exam status. It says complete. No reapply link. But nothing is labelled as expired either. Please help me better understand this.....

I am seeing what exudate is seeing. I click on check exam status. It says complete. No reapply link. But nothing is labelled as expired either. Please help me better understand this.....

1. Log into step 3 candidate website:
https://apps.nbme.org/fsmbexamstatus/prod/jsp/login.jsp
If your scheduling permit is still there, you won't get results this week. You have to wait until it disappears

2. If permit is gone, log into fsmb website: Federation of State Medical Boards
Then click home at the top. Should bring you to a page that has a heading saying licensure. Click USMLE under that heading. You should then see links to "register, obtain, apply, etc". Click the picture that says USMLE. Should come to a page asking for a username and password. Type in whatever you used to register. It says application status. This is where you either see expired or approved. Expired and no link is supposed to mean pass. If it says approved, this doesn't mean anything. You have to wait until it says expired to not see or see a link to reapply

Hope this helps

May not mean that for sure. Does your status say "expired" now? Where is the link listed?

It says expired. And the link is at the bottom and it lets me go all the way through and pay. I don't see why it would give me the option to do that unless I failed

My husband's said expired and had no link to reapply. Hope that means he passed. Good luck everyone!

It says expired. And the link is at the bottom and it lets me go all the way through and pay. I don't see why it would give me the option to do that unless I failed
Don't give up hope. I have searched many forums over the last few days and it seems that some people have no link and fail and some people have had a link and passed. So the "trick" is not 100% accurate. After all my research on the "trick", I'm not sure that it really works (some people have also directly contacted the FSMB about it -- and they say it doesn't)

I've only found one instance that someone claimed the trick didn't work. There are many more claims of having a link and failing.

And FSMB when you call them literally will tell you nothing. I have called them twice leading up to these results. I didn't ask about the link thing, because no **** they're not gonna tell you about that true or false. But I called them yesterday and they wouldn't even tell me that the score was coming out tomorrow. Literally she was like a robot just saying " just look for the email to say when scores are available "

I've only found one instance that someone claimed the trick didn't work. There are many more claims of having a link and failing.

Yea I think that lostin_space dude was trolling because he has posted a lot about the test in other non step 3 forums. Almost as if he is looking for attention. There are many cases of saying the trick does work but just wait for midnight tonight to know for sure

yea seems to be at theme on here some @stewartln4

@Alexa248 I hate to ask you to do this but for future SDN peeps, could you screen shot what your page looks like with the link? Just so people will quit acting so confused maybe if they see what it might appear like.

Reactions: 2 users
yea seems to be at theme on here some @stewartln4

@Alexa248 I hate to ask you to do this but for future SDN peeps, could you screen shot what your page looks like with the link? Just so people will quit acting so confused maybe if they see what it might appear like.

Yea I just went back and tried to find anywhere it didn't work. It's been working up until December 2016 so I don't see why it would change now. Hope it all just works out in our favor. I CANNOT take that test again

I passed as well!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!! I'm working nights currently - I"ve already pre-planned mimosas for my morning breakfast. Bye bye USMLE forever!! I've been wanting to type that for so long! ha