USMLE score and anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do anesthesiology programs care about first and second year grades (mine are mostly C's) and my class rank is pretty low?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok just finalizing my list, at 68 right now that don't have minimums or low enough to consider. Do you recommend applying to places with minimums that are higher, have heard of people getting interview without meeting the minimum for step 1. My step 2 wasn't stellar either 217, any advice would be great. Thanks for previous info has been very helpful

I realize that it's probably to late for me to be answering you, however I'm sure plenty more people will have this same question. I got interviews at multiple places that said they had a step 1 minimum of 220. Some places look past this. Especially when you personally contact those programs to express your interest in their individual program. When I said don't count yourself out, I was serious. Where there's a will there's a way.

Reactions: 1 user