USMLE - Official 2015 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WBecks0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With 2015 right around the corner I think it's a good time to begin a Step 2 CK experiences and scores thread for 2015. Let's keep the all experiences and scores in this thread.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam in 2015!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that's fine. Lol... I really don't think you failed because of this. I am anxious to buddy! My permit disappeared as well.

actually I was looking a bit online...I think this is what everyone sees (hope I am right) - there was even the so called "oasis trick" years ago but this doesn't work anymore. But...I am scared nonetheless ...

Reactions: 1 user
actually I was looking a bit online...I think this is what everyone sees (hope I am right) - there was even the so called "oasis trick" years ago but this doesn't work anymore. But...I am scared nonetheless ...
Yeah, I see the exact same thing u see! I am hoping for the best! Good luck!

Yeah, I see the exact same thing u see! I am hoping for the best! Good luck!
True i see the same thing aswell..i passed step one and cs a year back and it still says begin a new application for step 1/cs/step 2..i think oasis trick doesn't work anymore..good luck to all of you:) hope we all pass with good scores

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed, so happy!! Thank you all for your support!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In Uworld, the topics that have the most mcqs or those that the it says are high yield, do these topics actually get tested the most in CK?

Have most people been receiving their scores in the 3 to 4 week range consistently. Just curious is the sat-tues and getting it back the 4 wed...and wed-fri and getting it back the 3rd wed is holding true :)??

Wed-Fri get scores in 3er Wednesday, except if your score processing or your test date fall between the week of December 25th & 31st. In that case it will take 4 Wednesdays Even if you took it Wed-Fri.

Would anyone mind sharing how they divided up their blocks in regards to breaks and how long those breaks were?
It seems as though there's hardly any time to eat during breaks if you're using your full block time.

Would anyone mind sharing how they divided up their blocks in regards to breaks and how long those breaks were?
It seems as though there's hardly any time to eat during breaks if you're using your full block time.
2 blocks - 10 minutes break: water, snack ... - 2 blocks - 30 minutes break: lunch - 2 blocks - 10 minutes break: water, snack .... - 2 blocks.

Hey Everyone

I've never really posted before but definitely in need of some advice, so I would really appreciate it!! I definitely am NOT one of those insane high scorers that we see on SDN, just fyi.

Step 1: 224
Avg Shelf: 71%
NBME 3 (11/07/15) -- 206 -- Decided to move my exam from 12/30 to 1/19
Finished UW 1st Time through 3rd year : Avg 60% -- made notes on all the educational objectives and right and wrong answers and why they were that way.
NBME 4 (12/25/15) -- 217
NBME 6 (1/02/16) -- 208 -- Regret taking this that day, was def distracted, but no excuses
Free "150" (1/03/16) -- 86% -- This is possibly the most confusing result, and quite possibly an outlier.
NBME 7 (Today - 1/08/15) -- 210 -- thought this form was just insane hard.

I am currently averaging 71% on UW for my 2nd time. I have about 70% left to do. With January 19th 2016 coming up really fast, I am probably going to push the exam further back. Wanted to get everyone's opinion/advice on this. I still have UWSA to take, but I do not want to take that now if I am planning on moving the exam. I know I have to finish my second go with Uworld. Honestly don't know what I should do. I am also feeling the burn out, hardcore lol.

Just feels like with my prep, I am not seeing the scores I should/want to see. Don't know what to do.

Any help at all will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

December 16th exam date and my permit link still hasn't disappeared. Don't know what I should make out of that. :s

December 16th exam date and my permit link still hasn't disappeared. Don't know what I should make out of that. :s
I'm December 14th and mine disappeared today. I should have got my score last week per the 4 wednesday rule, but everyone got pushed back because of Christmas week. Last week I was just sitting around waiting to receive my failed test report when my permit hadn't disappeared.

(rant)
Crap. Reading this forum again freaks me out. I only used 14 days to study for CK and only used uworld. I didn't even have time to read anything else. Did 4 blocks per day, random, first tutor mode then moved to timed tutor then to timed mode. Finished the whole qbank in 12 days. It was exhausting but I guessed it built my stamina. Test day was a daze. I don't remember much of what was going on. Pretty much 44 questions per block, except one block with 42 questions (this has the long abstract) and the last block with 20 questions. Came out feeling pretty bad though.

I just updated the score release on eras to all the programs thinking that t would just send my CS result. But I just looked at the report and it said Step 1, Step 2, CS. Now I guess the report probably said I took step 2 with pending result? Hmmmm or maybe it meant to say Step 1, Step 2 CS (they are not really comma separated but separated by newline). Anyway, back to freaking out about how my score would be horrible and a big disappointment. It's agonizing to wait for another 2+ weeks for the result. Aaaahhhhh
(/rant)

(rant)
Crap. Reading this forum again freaks me out. I only used 14 days to study for CK and only used uworld. I didn't even have time to read anything else. Did 4 blocks per day, random, first tutor mode then moved to timed tutor then to timed mode. Finished the whole qbank in 12 days. It was exhausting but I guessed it built my stamina. Test day was a daze. I don't remember much of what was going on. Pretty much 44 questions per block, except one block with 42 questions (this has the long abstract) and the last block with 20 questions. Came out feeling pretty bad though.

I just updated the score release on eras to all the programs thinking that t would just send my CS result. But I just looked at the report and it said Step 1, Step 2, CS. Now I guess the report probably said I took step 2 with pending result? Hmmmm or maybe it meant to say Step 1, Step 2 CS (they are not really comma separated but separated by newline). Anyway, back to freaking out about how my score would be horrible and a big disappointment. It's agonizing to wait for another 2+ weeks for the result. Aaaahhhhh
(/rant)
Gonna go ahead and ditto 99% of this (only difference being my last block was 44 questions). When did you take it? Do you wanna freak out together?

Gonna go ahead and ditto 99% of this (only difference being my last block was 44 questions). When did you take it? Do you wanna freak out together?
hahaha... i took it on 12/31. So i still have 2+ weeks to wait. Let's go crazy together! when did u take yours? I'm pretty sure I took it after you did.
Man, i was thankful to have 20 questions in the last block. I took so long with that one, and ended up having to do the last 5 questions in 8 or 10 minutes. Exhausted!

hahaha... i took it on 12/31. So i still have 2+ weeks to wait. Let's go crazy together! when did u take yours? I'm pretty sure I took it after you did.
Man, i was thankful to have 20 questions in the last block. I took so long with that one, and ended up having to do the last 5 questions in 8 or 10 minutes. Exhausted!
I Was exhausted too!!!! My permit disappeared at midnight... IM really freaking out !!!!

I got a 260.
My performance chart is all over the place though. The score seems inflated way beyond the chart.

Reactions: 3 users
I got a 260.
My performance chart is all over the place though. The score seems inflated way beyond the chart.

Congrats man ! can you pls upload just your score performance chart (with out showing first page of score card )

I would like to know sub components of all topics in score card....you can even blur performance bands (XXXXXXX) if you don't want to display....

Congrats on an awesome score...
Can you please share your experience and the sources you used. ..
Regards...
I used Uworld mostly. Did it over 2 times, and reviewed the tables and charts another time. I read through MTB2, 3 and MTB IM but didn't find them super helpful. I was consistently scoring low in OB/GYN so I read that section another time from MTB2/3 (don't remember which one) and step 2 secrets. I also read through Pestana notes very quickly. I did all the NBMEs and CMS (and I'm certain I came across a couple of very similar questions on the real deal) and used Uptodate to look for answers and explanations to NBME questions or if there was something confusing or inconsistent in Uworld.

Overall, my prep for 2CK was much more haphazard compared to step 1. I had to take a lot of time out for my family and exams at my med school. The worst part was that I was consistently scoring low on NBMEs. But I decided to give it all in the last 10 days and go ahead with the exam. I got a 265 in the UWSA 2 days before my exam so that was a relief.

The exam itself was fairly reasonable. No extremely long stems, felt similar to Uworld in length and difficulty. I felt that certain blocks tested more heavily on certain subjects. It started off medicine+peads heavy with increasing emphasize on surgery mid-way and lots (and lots and lots) of OB/GYN towards the end. I don't think any of the review resources prepared me well for OB/GYN but that's prolly because I was weak at it from the beginning.

I was fairly composed during the exam (compared to step 1). I didn't need to take too many breaks either. I had planned on taking a short break after each block but I ended up doing 2 blocks, 5 mins break, 2 blocks, 10 mins break and then a short break after each block. My computer had some issue with audio so I had to spend 7-8 minutes during the tutorial testing and fixing the sound problems.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to everyone studying. Just keep at it, it will all work out in the end.

Congrats man ! can you pls upload just your score performance chart (with out showing first page of score card )

I would like to know sub components of all topics in score card....you can even blur performance bands (XXXXXXX) if you don't want to display....

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 392
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 372
This is my experience working with
Dr. USMLE

For Step 2 CK.

Studying for step 1, while difficult, was made easier because everyone knows the formula for doing well on step 1 - Uworld + FA. Step 2 is an entirely different beast because there is no singular comprehensive source of material that one can study from for CK and UWorld for CK isnt nearly as good a preparatory tool as it was for step 1.

I spent several months studying on my own and studied materials from a number of sources but was not seeing the effort i put towards studying translate to a consistently improving score. I heard about Dr. S from a friend who would not stop talking about how great his experience was so I decided to give it a try. After only one session, Dr. S helped me to approach the material and questions from an entirely different perspective. He not only directed me towards what materials were high yield, but he helped me understand why it was high yield, what kinds of details to focus on, and in what ways this material would be tested.

As someone who has written questions himself for the USMLE, he helped me to think like an question writer. Dr. S helped me to learn how to sift through the question stem to determine what was actually being asked, what data in the stem was actually pertinent and reliable, and how to narrow down the answer choices if I was unsure. The skills Dr. S helped me develop had a significant impact on my test taking ability - the skills helped to alleviate the panic that would often arise when I would find myself stuck between two answer choices, I was able to glance at a question and the answer choices and be aware of certain underlying principles about that particular question before even reading it.

What was the impact of the new understanding I had of the material and the new test taking skill set he helped to cultivate? My NBME score went from 200 to 250 in just 4 weeks of working with Dr. S. Having scored average on Step 1, my biggest regret was that I had not started working with at an earlier point in my medical education. Dr. S possesses both the knowledge and skills necessary to help nearly anyone - who is willing to do the work - achieve highly competitive scores and become an overall better physician.

I used Uworld mostly. Did it over 2 times, and reviewed the tables and charts another time. I read through MTB2, 3 and MTB IM but didn't find them super helpful. I was consistently scoring low in OB/GYN so I read that section another time from MTB2/3 (don't remember which one) and step 2 secrets. I also read through Pestana notes very quickly. I did all the NBMEs and CMS (and I'm certain I came across a couple of very similar questions on the real deal) and used Uptodate to look for answers and explanations to NBME questions or if there was something confusing or inconsistent in Uworld.

Overall, my prep for 2CK was much more haphazard compared to step 1. I had to take a lot of time out for my family and exams at my med school. The worst part was that I was consistently scoring low on NBMEs. But I decided to give it all in the last 10 days and go ahead with the exam. I got a 265 in the UWSA 2 days before my exam so that was a relief.

The exam itself was fairly reasonable. No extremely long stems, felt similar to Uworld in length and difficulty. I felt that certain blocks tested more heavily on certain subjects. It started off medicine+peads heavy with increasing emphasize on surgery mid-way and lots (and lots and lots) of OB/GYN towards the end. I don't think any of the review resources prepared me well for OB/GYN but that's prolly because I was weak at it from the beginning.

I was fairly composed during the exam (compared to step 1). I didn't need to take too many breaks either. I had planned on taking a short break after each block but I ended up doing 2 blocks, 5 mins break, 2 blocks, 10 mins break and then a short break after each block. My computer had some issue with audio so I had to spend 7-8 minutes during the tutorial testing and fixing the sound problems.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to everyone studying. Just keep at it, it will all work out in the end.
Hello, Thanks for the info. How many weeks or months did you spend in your preparation?

@ DrKhan1

Thank u so much....I think MK is Medical Knowledge and PC is patient care...GL

Thanks for your detailed reply...
I have a couple of questions
1- which subject/ subjects do you think cannot be covered from mtb and UW alone and may need consultation from other sources
2- what were your assessment scores, specifically nbme 7...
Regards. ..