Usmle august 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

younggscholar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone take the new step 2 yesterday? Quite extensive 9 sections.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got mine too. It says I got 254/86. That can't be accurate, can it? I thought a 254 would correlate to a 2 digit much higher than an 86... Am I missing something? Any ideas? Thanks.

Just got mine too. It says I got 254/86. That can't be accurate, can it? I thought a 254 would correlate to a 2 digit much higher than an 86... Am I missing something? Any ideas? Thanks.

Yes, they changed the 2-digit scores. Don't worry, it doesn't get reported to programs because unlike the 3-digit score, there is no correlation between 2-digit scores this year and in previous years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, they changed the 2-digit scores. Don't worry, it doesn't get reported to programs because unlike the 3-digit score, there is no correlation between 2-digit scores this year and in previous years.
Thanks, DEdm

In that vein, I think it's interesting that this batch's mean is pretty high, but I don't have the figures from previous administrations. But 237 +/- 21 sounds like a lot to me when Wikipedia (I know, I know) says its usually between 220 and 230.