COMLEX Using Uwolrd for COMLEX Level 2 (44% score)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

as90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought usmleworld for third year and did about 60% of the question bank as our shelf exams were primarily NBME. I have a 44% score so far on my first pass.

I did not take USMLE step 1 and had a <500 COMLEX level 1 so I don't think I will take a chance on step 2. However, for COMLEX purposes, as we are required to take a COMSAE before sitting for COMLEX 2 in early July, should I do one more round of Uworld or just purchase a COMBANK/COMQUEST subscription for level 2? I probably will not take USMLE Step 2 given the fact that it will be pretty hard compared to COMLEX 2.

For whatever its worth, I haven't failed a Shelf (getting pretty much 50%-68% raw score…scaled score 82%) for the most part. I don't think I've learned a tremendous bit on my rotations that will help me on Level 2, as most of them were preceptor-based (just being honest).

I need to do much better on COMLEX 2 CE to help erase the damage of my poor COMLEX level 1. I feel like my basic knowledge is lacking so I'm wondering if I should get DIT for Step 2. I want to at least get in the average range of 550-600. Or should I just read a review book?

It takes me a lifetime to read through explanations on Uworld and truth be told sometimes I'm just iffy on whether I've gotten the key home point.

Any tips appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have no advice about USMLEworld, but I'm really loving the website onlinemeded for my review. I was also thinking about getting DIT, but I wasn't overly impressed with how it helped me for Step 1. Onlinemeded goes over a lot of basics/physiology that are helping me a lot. I've definitely gotten a good amount of questions correct on Combank specifically from onlinemeded website. Definitely recommended! And since it's free (they do ask if you will donate), if you don't like it, no money wasted. I'm in a similar situation as you, hoping to get a 500-550 on Step 2, so I feel your pain. Good luck!