USFMCOM Interdisciplinary Medical Sciences (IMS) graduate-AMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiffughknee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!
I recently completed this selective graduate program at USF. Like, since they stopped their conditional acceptance. If you think you may be interested, or even if you're not, but you have questions, feel free to ask away. There are numerous things I wish I had known before dedicating so much time (and money) to this endeavor, and I'd love to help out anyone who may be thinking about this program or navigating the possibility of a post bacc/graduate program before matriculating into medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all!
I recently completed this selective graduate program at USF. Like, since they stopped their conditional acceptance. If you think you may be interested, or even if you're not, but you have questions, feel free to ask away. There are numerous things I wish I had known before dedicating so much time (and money) to this endeavor, and I'd love to help out anyone who may be thinking about this program or navigating the possibility of a post bacc/graduate program before matriculating into medical school.

Yes I definitely have some questions. Im looking to apply to this program as well. First and foremost do you think it was worth the cost? I’m an out of state applicant so tuition alone would be a big deal. Secondly, did the program make it’s student more competitive in the cycle for USF admissions?
Thanks so much

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I definitely have some questions. Im looking to apply to this program as well. First and foremost do you think it was worth the cost? I’m an out of state applicant so tuition alone would be a big deal. Secondly, did the program make it’s student more competitive in the cycle for USF admissions?
Thanks so much

Sorry for my delay!
I know that for some states where a comparable program is not offered at a public university, it is possible to receive in state tuition. A girl in my cohort from GA was able to get "more affordable" tuition through this loophole. But honestly, I don't know that I would do it again even considering the in-state cost, as it is not a direct-admit program anymore, and there are so many more programs out there where completion will guarantee you admission (or at least an interview!) to the associated medical school. At USF, you will still have to retake the MCAT following completion of IMS, and if it is above 512, could get an interview to USF, but it would not be guaranteed.
TL;DR I honestly don't think it would be worth it for out of state applicants. At all. Also, completing the program, even with straight As, will still not guarantee an interview at USF without 512+ on the MCAT.