USF vs Belmont vs PCOM philly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ron_johnson

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm actually wait listed at USF and Belmont but wanted to get people's thoughts. I feel like the ranking here is probably USF > Belmont > PCOM. Cost will be pretty similar for each option.

USF
- MD
- Established school with affiliated hospital and residency programs
- warm weather
- Furthest from family/friends (I live in VA)

Belmont
- MD
- New school, I would be a guinea pig.
- No home residency programs.
- HCA affiliated?

PCOM
- DO
- Established school with good reputation
- Has some home residency programs (ortho, ENT, plastics)
- Closest to family/friends (also have some friends who are MD students in philly)

Members don't see this ad.

USF without a question. If you get off the waitlist then that’s where you’re going.

As for the other two, I personally would choose PCOM. Not trying to be a guinea pig

USF! MD program would open up far more opportunities for you. And between your two MD schools, USF is more established with a history of great match lists and has a great hospital and home residencies.

Members don't see this ad :)
What specialty are you aiming for? Did you get to see how Belmont is?

USF first because MD, then PCOM otherwise. I like PCOM a lot personally and can’t speak to USF. I got in there and won’t be attending but it’s truly an awesome program from everything I’ve heard. There are plenty of research opportunities, inhouse residencies, well-known name and great match list, and being close to family is a huge bonus. However, idk how grading works at USF but PCOM is standard grading I believe and I’m pretty sure they’re doing a curriculum restructuring right now (correct me if I’m wrong).