~USF CoM c/o 2013~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got my financial aid info...it's pretty awful, looks like I won't be going here next year. Hope everyone else's is better!

Members don't see this ad.

How much free time daily did you have on average during your first two years?

Depends on your study style. Since the lectures are video archived, you don't have to go to class everyday. There are 2-3 mandatory classes a week, minimum, besides LCE.

If you are sitting around studying all day, you aren't doing something right. Most everyone has enough time to go work out, go out with friends, and continue with outside interests. You don't have anywhere near as much free time as you did in undergrad, but once you learn the best method for you to study by (which takes some trial and errors) you can get into a fairly comfortable routine time-wise.

just got my financial aid info...it's pretty awful, looks like I won't be going here next year. Hope everyone else's is better!

I wouldn't expect much from any public school in the state. The only way you are going to get money is from a private school, and then you have to deal with higher COA. I would really hesitate to base my decision on financial aid...go where ever you were most comfortable.

Members don't see this ad :)
did everyone hear about their financial aid?
i haven't received any sort of information yet :confused:

got my financial letter today and it was really quite sad... 5K in grant

looks like another waitlist spot will be moving

got my financial letter today and it was really quite sad... 5K in grant

looks like another waitlist spot will be moving

I am in a similar situation but with no alternatives. everyone is talking about how the state is broke and has no money to offer.

I was wondering do students carry around alot of textbooks, notebooks and such at USF? or just a laptop?

I need to get a new backpack cause a pen exploded in one of the pockets...:mad:

hardly any one goes to class. And if they do, then a laptop where they type up their lectures. Printing all the lectures is a lot of ink. But, majority of people just listen to the lectures on video archive at home.

Hope it helps.

hardly any one goes to class. And if they do, then a laptop where they type up their lectures. Printing all the lectures is a lot of ink. But, majority of people just listen to the lectures on video archive at home.

Hope it helps.

aw that's kinda sad :( you won't be able to see your classmates often!

aw that's kinda sad :( you won't be able to see your classmates often!

The same people generally end up going to lectures...and we do have mandatory classes, so you see everyone then. First year DPT students and the SMP students take the same first year curriculum so sometimes I have to look up who is a med student.

Video archiving is the saving grace of pre-clinical years. It's wonderful to be able to shorten an hour lecture down to 35 minutes, especially when the presenter is as slow as molasses. Or be able to pause when the presenter is going to fast.

Does anyone know when all that paperwork is gonna be released so we can matriculate?

Edit: NVM, read the earlier post that said May 15th.

12PAC for c/o 2013 is up!:nod:

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the important forms such as immunizations and the physical aren't up yet though.

I still don't see the official c/o 2013 page yet on the front page. Is there something I'm missing here, or are they just late this year?

It does seem later than last year. They will give you plenty of time to complete the requirements. You should get an email from Student Affairs when they post the forms.

everyone check the Student Affairs page!
MD c/o 2013 is up!:thumbup:

it looks the same as 2012's..lol they probably updated the dates

Last edited:
what is this ROPES course learning experience? sounds wild..:eek:

Does anyone have the link to the Physical Exam form? The one on the website links to the immunization form.

Agh... what a hassle... why didn't I get chicken pox as a kid :-(

Does anyone have the link to the Physical Exam form? The one on the website links to the immunization form.

Agh... what a hassle... why didn't I get chicken pox as a kid :-(

It's the last page of the immunization form.

Hi guys,

The communicable disease and physical exam form says June 1st as the deadline. Is this accurate? I only became aware of this form few days ago, when the 12-pac website became available. Has everyone else already completed the forms and sent them in?

-Dom

Hi guys,

The communicable disease and physical exam form says June 1st as the deadline. Is this accurate? I only became aware of this form few days ago, when the 12-pac website became available. Has everyone else already completed the forms and sent them in?

-Dom

It's usually due by the end of July. I would contact Student Affairs for the exact date.

on their website it says July 17th deadline.
im assuming they didnt update the date in the actual health forms:)

Has anyone gotten their USF ID yet? I followed the directions and it doesn't seem to be working.