Program-Specific Info / Q's USC OTCAS "what other scools applying to..." question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otdornottobe

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! As one of many currently in the OTCAS trenches, specifically USC's, I have stumbled upon an interesting question in one of USC's supplemental sections on OTCAS. The question reads, "Please list any other occupational therapy programs to which you are applying." I found this to be a bit odd. I do not believe it is some type of trick question or anything, per se, but I was very curious why you guys think they would ask that and what they would hope to learn from it? In my opinion, again, it is not really a trick question but I think they may be hoping to learn how you think of yourself as a candidate based on where you are applying? I am not entirely sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had the same question. But in my opinions I think they want to see if you are applying anywhere else. Lets say they have an applicant that they are debating to accept, maybe they will look at the list and see that USC is the only school they applied to and consider accepting.

I have no idea, this is just my guess.

Hi everybody! As one of many currently in the OTCAS trenches, specifically USC's, I have stumbled upon an interesting question in one of USC's supplemental sections on OTCAS. The question reads, "Please list any other occupational therapy programs to which you are applying." I found this to be a bit odd. I do not believe it is some type of trick question or anything, per se, but I was very curious why you guys think they would ask that and what they would hope to learn from it? In my opinion, again, it is not really a trick question but I think they may be hoping to learn how you think of yourself as a candidate based on where you are applying? I am not entirely sure.
I honestly think it may have to do with funding? Maybe looking at candidates and estimating how much funding they have received at other schools to offer the same or more for competitive applicants. That would be my best guess.

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile