General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTgal17

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanted to make a thread for OTCAS 2023-2024 applications!

I got my first interview for Shenandoah University for October 18th. Anyone else?? I’m so excited for these interviews to start rolling in🤞🏼🤞🏼 Good luck to everyone!

Also, if anyone has had any interviews or can give some interview advice on what to expect that’d be great!

Members don't see this ad.

I have had "video" interviews with Boston, Tufts, and WashSTL. Waiting to hear back from them, thinking it will be first part of December. Advice: stay calm, speak slowly, and have your main points gathered ahead of time (strength, weakness, problem-solving example). Some questions you will never be able to prepare for as they were off the wall or odd questions to test how you react and approach a question (example: favorite book, team sports vs individual sports, favorite vacation).

Maybe we can start a thread for all those in the OTCAS process who plan to start a MSOT or OTD program in 2024. We are all anxious and wondering what others are experiencing and the interactions with the school(s).

1) Overall GPA
2) Dream / Target school
3) Schools applied to
4) Schools interviewed with
5) School acceptances (with an acceptance date and/or if a scholarship was attached with the acceptance)
6) One or two interview questions (list the school asking the question). Whether it was video or in-person.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have had "video" interviews with Boston, Tufts, and WashSTL. Waiting to hear back from them, thinking it will be first part of December. Advice: stay calm, speak slowly, and have your main points gathered ahead of time (strength, weakness, problem-solving example). Some questions you will never be able to prepare for as they were off the wall or odd questions to test how you react and approach a question (example: favorite book, team sports vs individual sports, favorite vacation).
Hey! Thanks for your input. I totally agree with this. I actually got accepted to Shenandoah which is great! I also had in an person interview with Methodist and am feeling extremely optimistic. The interview went sooo well!

Maybe we can start a thread for all those in the OTCAS process who plan to start a MSOT or OTD program in 2024. We are all anxious and wondering what others are experiencing and the interactions with the school(s).

1) Overall GPA
2) Dream / Target school
3) Schools applied to
5) School acceptances (with an acceptance date and/or if a scholarship was attached with the acceptance)
6) One or two interview questions (list the school asking the question). Whether it was video or in-person.
Definitely will post mine after work.

Hey! Thanks for your input. I totally agree with this. I actually got accepted to Shenandoah which is great! I also had in an person interview with Methodist and am feeling extremely optimistic. The interview went sooo well!
Congrats!! What was the Shenandoah interview format (individual or group, etc.)? Also, what type of questions should I expect? Thanks in advance:)

Congrats!! What was the Shenandoah interview format (individual or group, etc.)? Also, what type of questions should I expect? Thanks in advance:)
individual! It was just me and a professor. It was really laid back especially if you have the professor I did. Expect typical interview questions- “why OT” “what is OT” and scenario based questions such as “what would you do if you disagreed with a classmate or saw something you didn’t agree with.” it was really conversational and it was easy to talk to her! Good luck, when is your interview??

individual! It was just me and a professor. It was really laid back especially if you have the professor I did. Expect typical interview questions- “why OT” “what is OT” and scenario based questions such as “what would you do if you disagreed with a classmate or saw something you didn’t agree with.” it was really conversational and it was easy to talk to her! Good luck, when is your interview??
and of course typical interview questions like tell me about yourself, background, academic/personal/work history, etc.

Thank you so much!!! My interview is this Wednesday.
I applied for the weekend program, but the location I was given is for OTD program and admissions coordinator.

1) Overall GPA
2) Dream / Target school
3) Schools applied to
Hi! I love this idea :)

1. 3.62
2. TWU
3. TWU + UTMB + ATSU
4. TWU
5. None yet :)
6. We are unable to share what our interview questions are w my schools but just have fun and be yourself, you will all do great!

1) Overall GPA
2) Dream / Target school
3) Schools applied to
1. 3.9 overall GPA
2. TWU + UTMB
3. TWU, UTMB, TTUHSC
4. TWU (in person) , UTMB (online) , (declined interview at TTUHSC)
5. Accepted to UTMB (11/27)

1) Overall GPA
2) Dream / Target school
3) Schools applied to
1. 3.8 overall, pre req 3.7-3.8
2. Methodist, univ of Pittsburgh, or Ecu
3. Ecu, pittsburgh, thomas jefferson, UF, methodist, TWU, winston salem, nova, Shenandoah, and wingate
4. Shenandoah, TWU, winston salem, and methodist
5. Acceptances: University of Pittsburgh, Methodist, and Shenandoah. no rejections but I am declining Nova interview, Wingate, Thomas Jefferson, and Winston Salem since I got into Methodist !
6. Typical interview questions at each and specific OT questions (why OT, scenario questions to test for your problem solving skills and collaboration, coping strategies, motivations, challenges OTs face, etc) honestly the interviews have been pretty laid back so far. Everyone is right when they say to just be yourself. If you know in your heart that OT is your passion, the RIGHT school will see that too.

It helped me to remember they are not only interviewing you but you are also interviewing them!

Members don't see this ad :)
1. 3.8 overall, pre req 3.7-3.8
2. Methodist, univ of Pittsburgh, or Ecu
3. Ecu, pittsburgh, thomas jefferson, UF, methodist, TWU, winston salem, nova, Shenandoah, and wingate
4. Shenandoah, TWU, winston salem, and methodist
5. Acceptances: University of Pittsburgh, Methodist, and Shenandoah. no rejections but I am declining Nova interview, Wingate, Thomas Jefferson, and Winston Salem since I got into Methodist !
6. Typical interview questions at each and specific OT questions (why OT, scenario questions to test for your problem solving skills and collaboration, coping strategies, motivations, challenges OTs face, etc) honestly the interviews have been pretty laid back so far. Everyone is right when they say to just be yourself. If you know in your heart that OT is your passion, the RIGHT school will see that too.

It helped me to remember they are not only interviewing you but you are also interviewing them!
Yay on your acceptances!

Accepted into Univ of Pittsburgh. Waiting to hear from quite a few schools over the next 10-45 days. Anyone hear from Washington St Louis yet?

Can I pm you to ask something about the interview for Shenandoah?

Rejected to ECU on 11/30. Final decision- attending Methodist!

Reactions: 1 user
Got into Washington U this morning. Got accepted to Tufts, Pitt and USC over the past couple weeks. Waiting on Boston and a few others now. Some schools have decent scholarships while others have nothing or the amount is so small (why even bother offering). One has to value the cost of a MSOT versus a OTD and the debt that one will take on with the salary you will earn. In my research, the salaries are almost the same or the same for a MSOT or OTD.

Last edited:
I got into CSU a few weeks ago, still waiting to hear from Tufts, Boston and UIC. CSU wasn't willing to extend their decision deadline past 1/1 and I need to make a decision before I hear from other schools. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I just make a deposit and keep waiting?

Boston University just sent out their emails for acceptances and waitlists. I was able to get accepted.

I got into CSU a few weeks ago, still waiting to hear from Tufts, Boston and UIC. CSU wasn't willing to extend their decision deadline past 1/1 and I need to make a decision before I hear from other schools. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I just make a deposit and keep waiting?
I have made two deposits now and am continuing to wait...not sure if I will come to regret this but having the staggered decisions has been so difficult!

1) Overall GPA
2) Dream / Target school
3) Schools applied to
1. 3.8
2. Columbia
3. Columbia, WashU, CSU, Creighton, UIC, tOSU, UW (waitlisted), KU
4. WashU, tOSU, KU Creighton (withdrew application)
5. WashU, CSU, UIC, tOSU, KU, Columbia
6. tOSU had a question about AI which I thought was interesting...both KU and tOSU asked about overcoming hardships and what you gained from it. WashU was a asynchronous video interview, KU was a live zoom group interview, and tOSU was in person!

Last edited:
1. 3.8
2. Columbia
3. Columbia, WashU, CSU, Creighton, UIC, tOSU, UW, KU
4. WashU, tOSU, KU Creighton (withdrew application) (waiting to hear back from Columbia and UW still)
5. WashU, CSU, UIC, tOSU, KU
6. tOSU had a question about AI which I thought was interesting...both KU and tOSU asked about overcoming hardships and what you gained from it. WashU was a asynchronous video interview, KU was a live zoom group interview, and tOSU was in person!
When did you hear back from UIC? Have other people heard back? I havent heard anything ( I am out of state) and have been waitng

1. 3.5
2. Columbia
3. Columbia, UIC, RUSH, Pittsburgh, Midwestern, UW-Madison
4. UW-Madison, Midwestern and RUSH
5. RUSH, Pittsburgh, Midwestern, UW-Madison (still waiting on UIC and Columbia)
6. Midwestern's interview was really comfortable. They did ask me super specific questions about my application and personal statement that threw me off but I loved how personalized it was. I can't remember much from the other two but Madisons interview was also so chill and relaxed with two faculty, me and one other student (30 mins long)

1. 3.8
2. Columbia
3. Columbia, WashU, CSU, Creighton, UIC, tOSU, UW, KU
4. WashU, tOSU, KU Creighton (withdrew application) (waiting to hear back from Columbia and UW still)
5. WashU, CSU, UIC, tOSU, KU
When did you hear back from UIC ? Columbia is also my dream program, fingers crossed for both of us !!!

When did you hear back from UIC? Have other people heard back? I havent heard anything ( I am out of state) and have been waitng
I heard back in December and they had included me in their early decision wave. Not sure why, since I didn't opt for it. I'm also out of state but I ultimately declined because I could not commit to their transport requirements.

When did you hear back from UIC ? Columbia is also my dream program, fingers crossed for both of us !!!
I responded above to OTstudent1009 so hopefully you see that! Columbia seems great but I just visited WashU and was super impressed with them so may end up changing my top choice haha. But yes, fingers crossed!

I responded above to OTstudent1009 so hopefully you see that! Columbia seems great but I just visited WashU and was super impressed with them so may end up changing my top choice haha. But yes, fingers crossed!
hey! I’m a first year OT student at washu and a saint louis native. happy to answer any questions you may have :)

1) 3.9
2) UNC Chapel Hill (honestly do not have a top choice, $ is going to be a big factor)
3) BU, WASHU, CSU, James Madison, Towson, Sacred Heart, MUSC, UIC, UNC chapel hill
4) BU, Washu (the rest havent had interviews so far)
5) BU, WashU, CSU, JMU, MUSC (declined interviews at Towson and Sacred Heart) - still waiting on UIC and UNC Chapel Hill

If anyone knows anything about chapel hill let me know! I am out of state so my hopes aren't very high for admittance - we are supposed to hear in the next couple days if we got an interview so I am anxiously awaiting. Also does anyone know if UIC gives any scholarships with acceptance at all?

I got scholarships from BU (still too expensive) and WashU but cost for all of them is going to be a huge factor in my decision.

1) 3.9
2) UNC Chapel Hill (honestly do not have a top choice, $ is going to be a big factor)
3) BU, WASHU, CSU, James Madison, Towson, Sacred Heart, MUSC, UIC, UNC chapel hill
4) BU, Washu (the rest havent had interviews so far)
5) BU, WashU, CSU, JMU, MUSC (declined interviews at Towson and Sacred Heart) - still waiting on UIC and UNC Chapel Hill

If anyone knows anything about chapel hill let me know! I am out of state so my hopes aren't very high for admittance - we are supposed to hear in the next couple days if we got an interview so I am anxiously awaiting. Also does anyone know if UIC gives any scholarships with acceptance at all?

I got scholarships from BU (still too expensive) and WashU but cost for all of them is going to be a huge factor in my decision.
I personally didn't get a scholarship from UIC (but I'm not sure if they don't give them at all) and they say you have to commit to commuting potentially 1+ hours for fieldwork each way, which could be an extra cost, which is unfortunate. Did you hear anything about scholarships for WashU? I also know they have some available that you can apply for to get your last year of OTD paid for if you're interested in working in the school systems.

I personally didn't get a scholarship from UIC (but I'm not sure if they don't give them at all) and they say you have to commit to commuting potentially 1+ hours for fieldwork each way, which could be an extra cost, which is unfortunate. Did you hear anything about scholarships for WashU? I also know they have some available that you can apply for to get your last year of OTD paid for if you're interested in working in the school systems.
I got a scholarship for WashU which was nice but not huge. I only applied for the MSOT there so its a bit shorter and cheaper. It's definitely up there in my choices so you'll have to let me know if you commit!

I got a scholarship for WashU which was nice but not huge. I only applied for the MSOT there so its a bit shorter and cheaper. It's definitely up there in my choices so you'll have to let me know if you commit!
Nice!! I applied MSOT too. I will let you know! :)

Hi! I love this idea :)

1. 3.62
2. TWU
3. TWU + UTMB + ATSU
4. TWU
5. None yet :)
6. We are unable to share what our interview questions are w my schools but just have fun and be yourself, you will all do great!
Forgot to update, accepted offer to TWU Dallas last month

Anyone hear back from UIC yet? I applied in October and have not heard back.

1) 3.8 overall, 3.9 pre-req.
2) Kean.
3) Kean, Columbia, Fairleigh Dickinson, Pittsburgh, Thomas Jefferson, Hofstra, MCPHS, and Johnson & Wales.
4) Kean, Fairleigh Dickinson, Thomas Jefferson, Johnson & Wales, and Hofstra.
5) Accepted to: Pittsburgh, Hofstra, MCPHS, Columbia, Kean. (Declined to interview for Fairleigh Dickinson and Thomas Jefferson).
6) All zoom interviews.

Last edited:
Did anyone apply to Brenau University or Adventhealth university