USC or UCSD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well... My wife will send out the letter of acceptance to UCSD tomorrow. For our family, UCSD is just too logical. If we were a family of 2, or even if she were not married :scared:, USC would likely be the choice.

Good luck to anyone on USC's wait list. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

That last comment is going to kill my wife... +pissed+ (But then I got into UCSF!)

She was darn near sure that she would not get into UCSF, and tried to focus on her safe school apps rather than putting her eggs into a dream school. Plus, I tried to tell her that SF is not a city for a 5 year old to grow up. Then of course, there is the cost of living. I might piss a few people off when I say this, but UCSD was almost an afterthought. When she was done with USC's application, she had a bit of time to send one to UCSD.

Between you, me, and the internet, :hello: she could have gotten into UCSF. SF's app is ... well I think most of you know what it is like.

Haha, I totally understand. The application process is grueling in itself, but the SF app was on another level. I spent a good 2 months on the SF app.

Did your wife decide yet?

Haha, I totally understand. The application process is grueling in itself, but the SF app was on another level. I spent a good 2 months on the SF app.

Did your wife decide yet?

She went for UCSD. The deciding factor is the sprinkles cupcakes they just opened up down the street. :D

The only thing USC had over UCSD is prestege. I think in a few more years UCSD will be up there in prestege anyway. UCSD on-the-other-hand has location, price, location, and convenance. Oh, and lets not for get the great location.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually don't quite get this...

UCSD actually is not that cheap, $9850 per quarter, which means about $10000*3=$30000 per year, for tuition and fee alone....

yes it is cheaper compare to USC, Western, and other private school, but it is not like "dirt cheap" like other SDN members have always say.

And I am not sure if it is worth it to go to USC for its "networking", or go to UCSD, for its name?

Sorry to jack your thread, but I just feel like pharmacy school nowadays are so expensive....so frustrated.

I actually don't quite get this...

UCSD actually is not that cheap, $9850 per quarter, which means about $10000*3=$30000 per year, for tuition and fee alone....

yes it is cheaper compare to USC, Western, and other private school, but it is not like "dirt cheap" like other SDN members have always say.

And I am not sure if it is worth it to go to USC for its "networking", or go to UCSD, for its name?

Sorry to jack your thread, but I just feel like pharmacy school nowadays are so expensive....so frustrated.

With state cutbacks, yes ... the cost has gone up a lot from just a few years ago. However, if USC is 45kish, and UCSD is 30kish that is a difference of 15K... I would never call 30k "dirt cheap," but I would also not overlook saving 15K over 4 years. California is a costly place to live, and go to school... there is no cheep way to get a PharmD here.

Sorry but I wanted let you know that I think it's super cute that you're posting on this to help your wife. :D

I hope she has a lot of fun at UCSD! Good luck to the both of you for constant communication and love will be necessary in times of stress (which seems utterly imminent and constant).