USC Class of 2012: Trojan Family Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The old USC thread is almost to the 1000 post limit. I thought I'd start a new thread for you guys.

I thought I'd let you know they're getting us ready for the first round of interviews. They sent an email the other day saying they've got 150 interviews lined up for the first round, November 10th. Post here if you get an invite, have any questions, etc.

Farmercyst
USC School of Pharmacy
C/O 2011

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Farmercyst for the info and the new thread. Let's post anything here of USC.

Wrong forum, there's a specific Class forum now.

Every time I see the USC mascot I think of "Trojan Man!" heh

Members don't see this ad :)
i just turned in my apps.. my LOR aren't in yet, will they even consider me for an interview or do they wait til LOR are in??

Wrong forum, there's a specific Class forum now.

Every time I see the USC mascot I think of "Trojan Man!" heh

Yeah, "class of" forum is for those that are now in Pharm School that had class of forums in prior years and want to keep up with their current classes through out the years. Consider it a way to retain users once they've been accepted and practitioners once they've graduated.

This thread is more for those who need answers to questions about applying, interviewing, and getting ready for matriculation after you've gotten that big envelope.

USC sent me an email saying that they received everything, but I didn't get an email about interviews. :eek: I'm so nervous!

USC sent me an email saying that they received everything, but I didn't get an email about interviews. :eek: I'm so nervous!

You'll get an email every-so-often from USC as things progress. Anything from missing prereqs to financial aid forms requests, etc. Don't be nervous. It's too early for that. You can be nervous after your interview.

hey farmer, do you know about when they'll be sending out invites? thanks.

I stress over everything...haha...I'll be jumping for joy if I get an interview:laugh:

Hi All!

I turned in my PharmCAS and supplemental 8/21 and haven't heard from them at all! anyone in the same boat?

getting worried!

i read somewhere that they'll send out invites 2-3 weeks before the invite dates

That's what it was last year. I believe I got my interview invite in late Feb for my March 17th interview. The November interview is the 10th, so I'd suspect you'll be getting the interview invites about mid October.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what it was last year. I believe I got my interview invite in late Feb for my March 17th interview. The November interview is the 10th, so I'd suspect you'll be getting the interview invites about mid October.

Hi Farmercyst,

Will you be at participating as a student interviewer at this year's interview?

I received the checklist and LACK letter. What should I expect to hear from USC next?

Thanks!

Hi Farmercyst,

Will you be at participating as a student interviewer at this year's interview?

I received the checklist and LACK letter. What should I expect to hear from USC next?

Thanks!

I'll be there, but they said normally P2's and up interview. P1s are greeters and gophers. You'll generally get a LACK letter anytime they update your file with transcripts. Other than that you may get an interview invite next. If you're not interviewed in November then you'll either get another LACK letter when they get your updated Fall grades or you'll get the financial aid letter telling you to start getting your FAFSA and supplemental financial aid docs in.

Hey Farmercyst

I LOVE ur USC Monopoly board. Just thought Id Share... I got the Trojan spirit... I just can't help it. LOL. I have a quick question for you, if you don't mind. The USC PharmD admissions office tells me that my app is complete. However, online, it says that it is incomplete. Is this because the website hasn't been updated yet? I don't really know if you'd be able to answer this question but I thought Id ask anyways.

Thanks

DavisAggie:
I think your situation is normal. Remember that USC just uses their graduate application site as a portal for all their programs, so as long as you meet USC School of Pharmacy requirements then you should be fine. That is why USC PharmD admissions informed you that your app is complete. :)

Farmercyst:
I have received the LACK letter, but all I am missing are some prereq classes that I will be completing before summer 2008. So do I do anything about the LACK letter?

Shikamuru:

You don't do anything about the lack letter. I emailed Mr. Granderson about it. He said it is just an evaluation. If you receive the lack letter, he told me that your application has been reviewed. Now we have to sit and wait for interviews. Im crossing my fingers. As long as you finish all the courses that you are lacking by August 14, 2008, you are fine. However, it is recommended that you compete them as sooon as possible.

:p

Shikamuru:

You don't do anything about the lack letter. I emailed Mr. Granderson about it. He said it is just an evaluation. If you receive the lack letter, he told me that your application has been reviewed. Now we have to sit and wait for interviews. Im crossing my fingers. As long as you finish all the courses that you are lacking by August 14, 2008, you are fine. However, it is recommended that you compete them as sooon as possible.

:p

This is correct. I recieved at least 4 LACK letters. Once when they got my pharmcas application, and once each when they got my Fall, Winter, and Spring grades. Each time they got a transcript I got a LACK letter showing what was left. The point is to review the lack letter every time to ensure it matches your transcripts (They're not saying you lack something you've completed or that you're not lacking something you haven't completed yet) Remember if they make a mistake in the lack letter, you still have to deal with the consequences when they realize they made a mistake. So just make sure you've planned all your coursework so that by the end of spring 2008 there aren't any more classes lacking on the LACK list.

USC is my top choice:laugh: I guess I was lucky because it only took PharmCAS 1 week to verify my application.

I said this in my response to another thread----no means to spam, this is just my attempt to get an answer to the question----So, they emailed me saying that my application was complete last week. But does anybody know what it means to get an email from the director of admissions and student affairs today, asking me "Have you submitted your PharmCAS yet? Do you wish to have your records reviewed?" Is it how they routinely do it? They actually have the patience to ask each and every applicant?:idea:

Hi friends,

USC mailed out their first interview letter dated yesterday 10/8. I got my interview with them on 11/10. Hope to see some of you guys there. Check your mail box NOW if you live in socal or nearby states. Cheers! =)

when did you turn in your pharmcas+supplementals, shylock?

my pharmcas = 7/27, supplementals = 8/6, but they received my transcripts on 9/20
i haven't received anything (yet?) :(

my pharmcas = 7/27, supplementals = 8/6, but they received my transcripts on 9/20

Yeah, but they just mailed it yesterday. When I was in Loma Linda, it took 3-4 days to get anything from USC, sometimes longer.

Hi friends,

USC mailed out their first interview letter dated yesterday 10/8. I got my interview with them on 11/10. Hope to see some of you guys there. Check your mail box NOW if you live in socal or nearby states. Cheers! =)

hi shylock,

congrats on scoring an interview! :thumbup: if you don't mind sharing, what's ur stats? are you a re-applicant or 1st time applying?

thanks!

CONGRATS SHYLOCK!!!

Now I have to go sit next to my mailbox and wait for the mailman

CONGRATS SHYLOC

I AM ECSTATIC for you! USC is my number 1 choice TOO! Im currently wearing a USC sweater as we speak! The ONLY PHARMACY SCHOOL I care about getting an interview from is USC! I wish you the best.
BTW, where do u live? I had all my mail directed to my parent's house in San Diego because college students can be irresponsible about the mail. LOL.

Do u live in LA? The mail must have been super speedy if your interview letter got to you in under 24 hours.

GOOD LUCK and I am SO HAPPY To HEAR that they sent interview invites out already!

:)

congrats! I really hope that I can get an interview from USC.. I'm almost giving up on UOP... :( but let's wish for the best!

Hi Nerv, I submitted my pharmCas and Supplemental application around the same time as you if not later. You should receive your invite really soon, most likely this week. :)

Hi Airen, this is my first time applying. I have around 3.5 overall, and maybe ~3.7 in science when I'm done with all my pre-requisites. ;)

Hi Davis, I wish you get your letter in San Diego soon. Farmercyst is right, it may take up to a week to reach some of you. But, yeah it's coming.

Share the good news when you guys hear anything. Peace!:luck::luck:

congrats! I really hope that I can get an interview from USC.. I'm almost giving up on UOP... :( but let's wish for the best!
Hi alswl, don't give up yet. I didn't get my UOP invite. But hey, it's all good. You might get a USC invite today/tomorrow in the mail. I will wish you the best! :luck:

wow congrats! you're the first on SDN to get an invite.

oh WOW! i got my invite for nov 10 today too!!! helllllllz yah!!

good luck errrrrbody!

A good non-interview related piece of advice we got last year. Don't spend $7 for parking. On a Saturday there should be plenty of metered parking available for $0.25/hr. Park on Biggy Street west of the Pharmacy building or on San Pablo east of the building.

woohoo! i got an interview for Nov. 10th also!

congrats to you guys. jimmychowder, it seems like i'll be seeing you for touro, uop, and usc, all in consecutive weeks! :scared:

What is the percentage of students who get interviews?

Hey SDLove

The USC website says the interview 30-50% of their applicants. Hope this is helpful. Btw... im also from SD. Any mail from USC should reach us by today or tomorow. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

Good Luck

I have just received an invitation to attend the interview on Nov. 10. :D

I have just received an invitation to attend the interview on Nov. 2. :D

CONGRATS PHARM BUDDY! That is really GREAT! Is there 2 dates for USC interviews in November? I thought the only date was on Nov 10. I didn't realize that they offered two interview sessions next month.
GOOD LUCK!!!

CONGRATS PHARM BUDDY! That is really GREAT! Is there 2 dates for USC interviews in November? I thought the only date was on Nov 10. I didn't realize that they offered two interview sessions next month.
GOOD LUCK!!!

You are from UCD?? Me too... (I graduated last year.)

Sorry, it will be Nov. 10... Nov.2 is for Touro... haha... how could I get that wrong?? :smuggrin:

Hey Pharm Buddy

Was ur invite sent to u in Sacramento? Im having my mail sent to SD but i didn't receive anything today. If u got your invite in Sac already then I probably did not receive one.

Congrats again!

Hey Pharm Buddy

Was ur invite sent to u in Sacramento? Im having my mail sent to SD but i didn't receive anything today. If u got your invite in Sac already then I probably did not receive one.

Congrats again!

Yeah, everything is sent to me in Sac.

I got my invitation for an intervew today for Nov. 10! :D

I think what this thread is lacking is for people who got interview dates to post when they submitted the secondary application, that way the folks here know that either they submitted the app later, so no interview, or app was not good enough for an interview, :(, tears.

I got an interview on the 10th of November.
I want to be part of the Trojan family!!!!!!!

woohoo! i got an interview for Nov. 10th also!

congrats to you guys. jimmychowder, it seems like i'll be seeing you for touro, uop, and usc, all in consecutive weeks! :scared:

hahaha, wow, 3 straight weekends of interviews!

where u living for UOP? im driving up there thursday night. carpoool?

I just accepted the 11/10 interview! I'm sooooo excited because this is my first interview invite...this totally made my day! And I live in the bay area...

My pharmcas got sent out to schools on 9/17
I finished USC on 9/24

Hey I just got my USC interview invitation :D
This is my first interview invite and I'm so excited hehe
I also live in the bay area

I submitted my usc supplementals on 8.12.07
PharmCAS was submitted on 7.10.07

i got my invite today too!

does anyone know what % of interviewees get accepted?

Good luck to all!

I got an interview today too! Submitted my PharmCAS on July 30, submitted USC's supplemental on August 15

if you don't get an interview request, will they send you a rejection letter or something or do they just leave you hangin?

i noticed a bunch of you from OC are getting interview invites...i haven't received mine so i'm preparing for some bad news