USA applicants Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got rejected to the Austin campus today :( I actually thought my stats and essay were okay enough to at least get an interview. Anyone that got invited for an interview to Austin mind sharing their stats? I applied 3 weeks before the deadline, which I guess is kind of late. However, my application status never said it was under review because they wanted another transcript with my degree on it (I don't know why) and I just graduated this past December. I just had to resend it last week because they said they never received it -_-

here's my stats
gpa: 3.61
pre req: 3.46
last 45: 3.79
shadowing: 240 hours
GRE: 299

and good luck to everyone interviewing!

I know its pretty frustrating to not even get an interview with this kind of stats. But I would call them to find out if they can roll your application over to the next term and meanwhile what can you do to improve your application. I had lower GRE score, but I still got in. If you feel OKAY about your essays, you might want to ask if you can re-write them for the following term. Hope you get in. Good Luck :)

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from one person that they let him do the interview on the phone. And, therefore, he did not need to write an essay. :)
Thanks for letting me know! Do you know under what circumstances they permitted a phone interview? And if he was accepted?

Thanks for letting me know! Do you know under what circumstances they permitted a phone interview? And if he was accepted?
He applied to FL campus but was living in HW. He asked if he could be interviewed in CA (to save money on traveling) and ended up with a phone interview! Yes, he got accepted to Flex, FL. So it sounds like you definitely should give it a try! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called and spoke to the new director of admissions (Steve Jones no longer works there, apparently) and she said to expect final decisions to go up middle of next week or so.

Just called and spoke to the new director of admissions (Steve Jones no longer works there, apparently) and she said to expect final decisions to go up middle of next week or so.

Do you think that's for all the campuses?

so most likely nothing will be done this week in terms of notifications for the san marcos campus?
No, I think she said they juuust started making decisions and she was hoping a lot would get done Friday so that final decisions could be in and posted mid-next week.

No, I think she said they juuust started making decisions and she was hoping a lot would get done Friday so that final decisions could be in and posted mid-next week.

Has anyone heard anything from the St. Augustine campus?

Just interviewed this weekend at the Austin Campus! I really enjoyed it and hope to gain acceptance. I estimate only 55-60 students were at the interview for 50 spots. I like our odds everyone!
The interviews were really laid back and conversational. How did all you guys feel about it?

I felt the same way! The interviewers were really nice and took the edge off. I really hope I get in!

JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE SAN MARCOS CAMPUS! The notification comes up in the portal it says "you have been accepted"

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATS!!! I rushed over to look at my portal...no update yet. I interviewed in FL.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS!!! I rushed over to look at my portal...no update yet. I interviewed in FL.

When was your interview? It will probably be a little later this week or next depending when the interview was. Our interview was 2/28

Did you get a call or did you see it through the portal?

Did you get a call or did you see it through the portal?

I just saw it in the portal. But from previous acceptances, I heard that it updates the portal first and then you receive an email or call? Not sure though...but it's on my portal as "accepted"

I just saw it in the portal. But from previous acceptances, I heard that it updates the portal first and then you receive an email or call? Not sure though...but it's on my portal as "accepted"
When we got our stuff for the May class it was on Portal and then we got an email the week. They said at our interview they won't be doing phone calls anymore.

When we got our stuff for the May class it was on Portal and then we got an email the week. They said at our interview they won't be doing phone calls anymore.

Was this for all campus's? They said they would still do any of those 3 for our acceptances at our interview this year

I just received the phone call as well from the San Marcos Campus about my acceptance, so i think they're doing phone-calls too

When was your interview? It will probably be a little later this week or next depending when the interview was. Our interview was 2/28

Same day, so I was hopeful they were on the same timeline. I'll continue to be patient though.

They just gave me a call. Just got accepted - San Marcos campus.

Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE SAN MARCOS CAMPUS! The notification comes up in the portal it says "you have been accepted"
I just checked mine too and I got accepted into the San Marcos campus as well!! Congrats!!!

Ps.
Did you receive an email though?

I just got an acceptance call from USA San Marcos!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I just checked mine too and I got accepted into the San Marcos campus as well!! Congrats!!!

Ps.
Did you receive an email though?

They said they would send one within the next week! congrats!! are you thinking of going? i'm going for sure

They said they would send one within the next week! congrats!! are you thinking of going? i'm going for sure
Awesome, and yes I am going for sure...I am just a little nervous for the financial part of it =S

Just received the email acceptance. Everyone else should be getting theirs soon.

Congratulations Everyone!!! I have also been accepted to San Marcos campus, and am extremely excited! Does anybody want to create a facebook group for our class? I think it would be nice to connect with everyone.

Congratulations Everyone!!! I have also been accepted to San Marcos campus, and am extremely excited! Does anybody want to create a facebook group for our class? I think it would be nice to connect with everyone.

I'll create one right now! My name is "Alvin Yeh" and the group will be named "St. Augustine DPT Fall 2014 Class"

anyone have any information i could use to add a member since i need at least 1 name to make it haha

Did they tell you guys that found out that you would find out 3 weeks after the interview?

Did they tell you guys that found out that you would find out 3 weeks after the interview?

They said that it would take up to 3 weeks so until that time, it's fair game for them to wait to hand out acceptances I'm assuming

Yes. You find out from the portal first, and then they will send you official email. Congrats DPTkid101. So, You are going to be starting from Fall, correct?

Yes. You find out from the portal first, and then they will send you official email. Congrats DPTkid101. So, You are going to be starting from Fall, correct?

Yup! Which term did you enter as?

Thanks guys. I heard Austin takes a bit longer..wonder how true that is.

Thanks guys. I heard Austin takes a bit longer..wonder how true that is.

Austin campus was the last to interview. its only been a week for them. if the timeline is the same for other campuses then austin interviews should hear next week or so. but it seems 9/10 interviews get accepted

Austin campus was the last to interview. its only been a week for them. if the timeline is the same for other campuses then austin interviews should hear next week or so. but it seems 9/10 interviews get accepted
9/10 candidates get accepted? Do you think that's at all campuses or just Austin?

9/10 candidates get accepted? Do you think that's at all campuses or just Austin?

it seems from this tread that each campus only has one cohort of interviews for the intended semester and from the amount of people at the interview interviewing for pt it seems about 50-60 ppl for approx. 45 spots. i turned down my acceptance for summer 2014 due to tuition and living expenses for the area.

We had 120 applicants at the Florida campus for about 75-80 spots (PT, OT, Dual). I would say 2/3 applicants get accepted, but you never know what will happen on the waitlist.

When do you think we will hear from someone? I had an interview at the Florida campus.

When do you think we will hear from someone? I had an interview at the Florida campus.
The San Marcos campus interviews already heard back. I thought we would have heard by now, but it does mention that it can take up to 3 weeks.

I'm not promising anything but they usually make a lot of phone calls on Fridays.

My "Candidate" tab is not showing on my USA portal any more. So there is no way to check my status. Do you have any idea why that would be happening? I applied to the Florida campus.

I'll create one right now! My name is "Alvin Yeh" and the group will be named "St. Augustine DPT Fall 2014 Class"

anyone have any information i could use to add a member since i need at least 1 name to make it haha
Hey yes, my name is Ruslan Mimer. Just add me and create it. Thanks!