USA applicants Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont know if they even rank the pre-interview waitlist. At this point I'm just gonna assume there wont be that many people who decline

There is always the possibility- some people could be waiting on other schools and only interviewing to keep their options open, they could be unable to make the interview, or once interviewed/accepted decide to go elsewhere...The Waitlist is better than a No..

When I spoke with an admissions coordinator they mentioned that depending on the interview on the 28th they may hold another session. She said they don't just "fill spots" -if they don't fill the class with candidates they see fit in the first interview there is the possibility for another interview session. Keep your head up. Worse comes to worse the next admission cycle is only 4 months later. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That is correct dubber, I would much rather be waitlisted than declined a spot. Waitlisted means they like you, but cannot find a space for you at that specific time. Your chances of being moved from "waitlisted" to "accepted" are 0% to 80%, depending on the college and their available slots or amount of declines from accepted students. I know this probably doesn't help especially when most of you are going to focus on that 0%, but keep your hopes up. Your future is ahead of you! :)

Got my rejection email this morning... best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got rejected to the Austin campus today :( I actually thought my stats and essay were okay enough to at least get an interview. Anyone that got invited for an interview to Austin mind sharing their stats? I applied 3 weeks before the deadline, which I guess is kind of late. However, my application status never said it was under review because they wanted another transcript with my degree on it (I don't know why) and I just graduated this past December. I just had to resend it last week because they said they never received it -_-

here's my stats
gpa: 3.61
pre req: 3.46
last 45: 3.79
shadowing: 240 hours
GRE: 299

and good luck to everyone interviewing!

I just got rejected to the Austin campus today :( I actually thought my stats and essay were okay enough to at least get an interview. Anyone that got invited for an interview to Austin mind sharing their stats? I applied 3 weeks before the deadline, which I guess is kind of late. However, my application status never said it was under review because they wanted another transcript with my degree on it (I don't know why) and I just graduated this past December. I just had to resend it last week because they said they never received it -_-

here's my stats

Hmm...was it possible that you didn't get in because you didnt' send in the transcript? Because your stats seem as if you should've received an interview. Idk how you wrote your essays and such but strictly stats wise, you had a good chance. Sorry to hear about that :/ apply for the spring!

here's my stats

Wow... Now I don't feel as bad about my rejection. The only thing I can see is that your overall GRE is less than 300... But your other stats are so good I'm surprised they didn't at least let you interview. Guess Austin was competitive this year!

Wow... Now I don't feel as bad about my rejection. The only thing I can see is that your overall GRE is less than 300... But your other stats are so good I'm surprised they didn't at least let you interview. Guess Austin was competitive this year!
That's weird because I got less than 300 on my GRE. I think I got a 297

Hmm...was it possible that you didn't get in because you didnt' send in the transcript? Because your stats seem as if you should've received an interview. Idk how you wrote your essays and such but strictly stats wise, you had a good chance. Sorry to hear about that :/ apply for the spring!

I have no idea.. but they already received my first transcript with all my prereqs in November before I graduated. Then they wanted another one with my degree so they can keep their "records up to date." I sent a new one in January and online it said it takes 2-3 weeks to process and so after the 4th week, I called to see what was going on. The lady said that the transcript doesn't stop the admissions office from seeing my application. My status never changed from "undergoing transcript review" and according to everyone else on here, their status changed from "transcript review" to "under committee review" before they had their interview email. Did anyone else graduate in December? just curious if I was the only one going through this..

When I spoke with an admissions coordinator they mentioned that depending on the interview on the 28th they may hold another session. She said they don't just "fill spots" -if they don't fill the class with candidates they see fit in the first interview there is the possibility for another interview session. Keep your head up. Worse comes to worse the next admission cycle is only 4 months later. :)

Well that is somewhat reassuring. I already have a solid tech job that I can work full time until the next admission cycle so waiting isnt so bad, and not getting outright rejected is nice, but its still is a bit demoralizing. But that's what retaking classes and getting more experience is for.

I was pretty confused yesterday when I received an email saying I was waitlisted for an interview, considering only about half of my application is filled out. I wonder if they screwed up some of the email notifications, because mine was definitely a mistake..

I was pretty confused yesterday when I received an email saying I was waitlisted for an interview, considering only about half of my application is filled out. I wonder if they screwed up some of the email notifications, because mine was definitely a mistake..

May not be a mistake. I was offered an interview with 2 outstanding prerequisites, 70 observation hours, and missing 2 PT recommendations. Based on what I'm reading on this forum there really seems to be no consistency.

May not be a mistake. I was offered an interview with 2 outstanding prerequisites, 70 observation hours, and missing 2 PT recommendations. Based on what I'm reading on this forum there really seems to be no consistency.

whatttttt? please tell me yall are joking... that is just insane. I'm in complete shock!!! wow. I'm gonna call them tomorrow to see if they can review my application again. I'm almost positive they will say no but I got nothing to lose..

whatttttt? please tell me yall are joking... that is just insane. I'm in complete shock!!! wow. I'm gonna call them tomorrow to see if they can review my application again. I'm almost positive they will say no but I got nothing to lose..

I was rather shocked to get the interview. I actually do have more than 80 hours and a PT reference that the school didn't show as having been received when I was invited to interview. The only thing I can think is they are looking at overall potential fit and strength of record. I have 3,74 overall GPA, 3.49 prereq GPA, 308 GRE with 4.5 analytical writing score. I also have a masters degree, which probably strengthens my application as it shows my aptitude for higher lever work, and am in the military, which has instilled discipline and inherently shows an ability to work well under pressure. I had a letter of recommendation. From my commander and very strong letter of recommendation from my A&P professor.

Someone else on one of these threads pointed out that the USA site states you can be missing so many items and still receive consideration. I had assumed that referred to outstanding prereq courses, but apparently not.

I applied to the Florida campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at the Florida campus!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I was rather shocked to get the interview. I actually do have more than 80 hours and a PT reference that the school didn't show as having been received when I was invited to interview. The only thing I can think is they are looking at overall potential fit and strength of record. I have 3,74 overall GPA, 3.49 prereq GPA, 308 GRE with 4.5 analytical writing score. I also have a masters degree, which probably strengthens my application as it shows my aptitude for higher lever work, and am in the military, which has instilled discipline and inherently shows an ability to work well under pressure. I had a letter of recommendation. From my commander and very strong letter of recommendation from my A&P professor.

Someone else on one of these threads pointed out that the USA site states you can be missing so many items and still receive consideration. I had assumed that referred to outstanding prereq courses, but apparently not.

I applied to the Florida campus.

okay that makes a lot more sense now. That is pretty interesting how they send out interviews without all of the documents being received, but your stats are pretty competitive! congrats!

So my sister applied to MOT program and just received an email for an interview this morning. At the bottom of the email states that some were accidentally emailed denied letters from a computer error. I called to see if the error involved my PT application but they said it didn't. She said my prereq was 3.2, which was too low, but I calculated several times and it came out 3.4. Nonetheless, she said a lot of prereq gpas were over 3.5 so I have some retaking to do. For those that want to call and make sure, do it! Attached is my sister's screenshot that she sent me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-20-11-24-23 (1).png
    Screenshot_2014-02-20-11-24-23 (1).png
    238.3 KB · Views: 79
After my last communication with the school, I am lead to believe that they only really care about your stats. I was asking them to review a document because the person submitted a three page PDF containing the letter of recommendation and documentation for observation hours. I was only credited for the letter of recommendation. The response I received stated that there was no record of the hours or even the letter because once received the box is checked and the documents aren't saved. That was disheartening. They have had a lot of issues because of that this cycle and will be ditching this process next cycle.

I got an interview invitation today through the portal, but did not receive an email invitation. It said to contact them in 2 days if I do no receive the email. For the longest time my application was under review, but it finally changed this afternoon when I checked. Did this happen to anyone else?

okay that makes a lot more sense now. That is pretty interesting how they send out interviews without all of the documents being received, but your stats are pretty competitive! congrats!

So my sister applied to MOT program and just received an email for an interview this morning. At the bottom of the email states that some were accidentally emailed denied letters from a computer error. I called to see if the error involved my PT application but they said it didn't. She said my prereq was 3.2, which was too low, but I calculated several times and it came out 3.4. Nonetheless, she said a lot of prereq gpas were over 3.5 so I have some retaking to do. For those that want to call and make sure, do it! Attached is my sister's screenshot that she sent me.

when I talked to admissions they said they only factor labs into the GPA if the grade is an A; so maybe that could be the difference? They also don't factor in plus or minus grades; so a B plus is calculated as a B ... Did they give you any idea of the minimum pre req GPA they considered?

Do you guys know if they count optional prerequisites (med terminology, statistics, and speech) for prereq GPA? I have all of them...

Do you guys know if they count optional prerequisites (med terminology, statistics, and speech) for prereq GPA? I have all of them...

Yeah they include those prerequisites if you ahve them

when I talked to admissions they said they only factor labs into the GPA if the grade is an A; so maybe that could be the difference? They also don't factor in plus or minus grades; so a B plus is calculated as a B ... Did they give you any idea of the minimum pre req GPA they considered?

Yeah, they said it's recommended that you have a 3.5 minimum. But If you have a high GRE score and a lower gpa, it balances it out because some previous individuals had lower GPA's or GRE's but also they take into account your personal statements (autobiography and statement of intent). That's what i can tell from this forum

Anyone have any updates/ been taken off the waitlist?

No one will likely be taken off the waitlist until after interviews are completed. The St. Augustine campus is holding their interviews this Friday, so I wouldn't expect to see anything until after that time.

I was told the optional pre-reqs are good to have, but are not calculated into the pre-req GPA.

Interviews are tomorrow at San Marcos! Super nervous ahh, will anyone of you guys who wrote on this post be there?

Not San Marcos, but I am currently in FL for the interview at the St. Augustine campus tomorrow. If anyone will be there I look forward to meeting you.

I am in my first trimester at St Augustine in Austin. My class interviewed in sept 2013. Many of us did not have the best of GPA's or GRE's, but we had a ton of work experience as an aide or tech, which really helps you to do well on the interviews because they like to ask a lot of experience type questions. My GPA's were about average, my GRE was only a 297, but I had over 1500 hours working as a tech, and I volunteered in multiple settings. I know this school is very big on experience too. If you have a lot of experience, strong essays, and a good interview, that can sometime really "make up" for a lower GRE and average GPA's. Good luck to everyone interviewing at Austin next week!

Reactions: 2 users
What did everyone think of the interview today at San Marcos?

Has anyone heard back yet after the interviews?

Not yet. I know someone who got in last semester who heard back the following Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
Nobody will know until at least one week after the interviews.

Nobody will know until at least one week after the interviews.
So, do you think we'll know something tomorrow? Tomorrow will be the one week mark. From reading previous threads, it'll probably be posted on our portals before we get any emails??

They will call you if you get accepted. My friend got a call at 3 pm. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! You will get an email if you get rejected....:-( I've been checking my email like crazy!

They will call you if you get accepted. My friend got a call at 3 pm. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! You will get an email if you get rejected....:-( I've been checking my email like crazy!

which campus did your friend get accepted into??

This was last semester but it was the saint augustine, FL location

I heard back almost 3 weeks after my interview. They didn't call me but I was still accepted for the FL campus. Maybe the other campuses call the applicants who got accepted.

Anyone who applied to Austin: Be prepared to possibly wait awhile for a decision after the interview. They told us 3 to 4 weeks after the interview, but it actually ended up being longer than that. I also received my acceptance by email and not phone.

So, I've applied to the flex dpt program in FL, which they haven't sent out invites to interviews for yet. Does the interview have to be in person? Or do they consider telecommunication interviews under certain circumstances?

They will call within two weeks after the interview if you are accepted. I know waiting is torture but one day at a time.

Does anyone know the best phone number to call or email to use to discuss our application? I was rejected but certainly plan on reapplying. However, as suggested in their email to me, I do not want to do so unless I can show improvement. While I know my GPA needs improvement, I'd love to be able to get feedback on my essays, extracurriculars, etc. to make sure that wasn't a big factor in my denial. Do you guys know the best person to contact for this?

Ajcp13 did you apply to the St Augustine, FL location?

Has anyone received any news on acceptances for San Marcos yet today?

So, I've applied to the flex dpt program in FL, which they haven't sent out invites to interviews for yet. Does the interview have to be in person? Or do they consider telecommunication interviews under certain circumstances?
I heard from one person that they let him do the interview on the phone. And, therefore, he did not need to write an essay. :)