URM from Puerto Rico but dont look hispanic, will it affect me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jvlop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
when I get II (I am hopefull/sure of myself) will it affect me that I dont look hispanic or have an accent?

Members don't see this ad.

when I get II (I am hopefull/sure of myself) will it affect me that I dont look hispanic or have an accent?

Are you Hispanic? Is your name Spanish at all?

Are you Hispanic? Is your name Spanish at all?
Yes i am hispanic, i was born and raised in puerto rico, and my first language is spanish. Since my family came over from europe generations back i am ligh skinned and have blond/brown hair. My school was bilingual so my accet faded and i now have a neutral one.

Im just worried that since i dont "look" hispanic that it will affect me

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes i am hispanic, i was born and raised in puerto rico, and my first language is spanish. Since my family came over from europe generations back i am ligh skinned and have blond/brown hair. My school was bilingual so my accet faded and i now have a neutral one.

Im just worried that since i dont "look" hispanic that it will affect me

Sí tu apellido es de España, nadie va a decir nada. No te preocupes.

Not all Hispanics look the same, man lol...if you live in PR then you should know that by now. There are Puerto Ricans with blonde hair and blue eyes and some with afros. Adcoms are more culturally aware than you may think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Sí tu apellido es de España, nadie va a decir nada. No te preocupes.

Not all Hispanics look the same, man lol...if you live in PR then you should know that by now. There are Puerto Ricans with blonde hair and blue eyes and some with afros. Adcoms are more culturally aware then you may think.

thank you!