Urine Drug Screening - How is this place still in business??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Napoleon1801

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An Out-Of-Network Lab, An Elaborate Urine Test And Then A Surprise Bill

How in the world is a 'pain management lab' (operated by an Anesthesiologist!) able to flout a $17,000 drug screen past CMS? This drives me crazy when my lab is having to lay off staff just to keep above water. I looked for an update on this case and I couldn't find any. Google seems to indicate Sunset Lab is still alive and well. *grumbles*

Members don't see this ad.

Fraud. Most of the labs who bill this way get away by saying they absorb the cost which is not paid by insurance. Go figure!

What's the strategy to deal with this behavior in the industry? OIG reports?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been invited to partake of this shenanigans many times over the last decade and always declined. I would like however to do a charity type lab for my community where people can safely and cheaply do both drug testing as well as substance testing, especially for Molly/E but also for H-potency. I think if I destroyed all the illicit substance after reporting, it would be legal but I havent sat down with an actual LE guy to see what they think.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been invited to partake of this shenanigans many times over the last decade and always declined. I would like however to do a charity type lab for my community where people can safely and cheaply do both drug testing as well as substance testing, especially for Molly/E but also for H-potency. I think if I destroyed all the illicit substance after reporting, it would be legal but I havent sat down with an actual LE guy to see what they think.
If it is doable i might copy